• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Set up -- then sweep! (OU RMT)

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    Team at a Quick Glance:

Introduction:
    Hey guys, this is my 3rd err.... sorry 4th RMT on PC, and one of my most successful ones. It has a record of 25-16. I named it Set up -- then sweep! because it has three Set up sweepers. So without more further ado, I present you the team.....
    In Depth!:

Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sand Veil
    EVs: 252 HP/40 Def/216 Spd
    Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - U-turn
    - Roost
    Comments: Gliscor is one of the best leads in OU. Why? It's fast, and bulky, can survive many hits. On top of it, it has a good support movepool. Set the rocks, then U-turn to a counter, or Earthquake. Roost is to get rid of the 4x Ice weakness for one turn and make Gliscor survive longer. Also takes Electric attacks aimed at Gyarados, and Gyarados returns the favor by taking the Water attacks aimed at him.
    Synergy:
    Water: Handled by Gyarados

Ice: Handled by Scizor.
    ---

Tyranitar (M) @ Babiri Berry
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Stone Edge
    - Crunch
    - Fire Punch
    Comments: Tyranitar is a favourite of mine. Also one of the best in OU. He's the first of my set up trio, and he finds it pretty easy to set up, thanks to Babiri Berry. Dragon Dance boosts his only low stat, Speed, as well as his awesome Attack. Crunch the Rotom-A's, Azelf's, Gengar's and Starmie's, Stone Edge kills Heatran, Infernape, Gyarados, Salamence and Zapdos among many others, Fire Punch OHKO's Scizor and Forretress, and also puts a dent on Skarmory and Bronzong. Tyranitar helps Gengar alot, as does Gengar help Tyranitar setting up. How? Mostly CB'ers carry Pursuit, and when Gengar gets killed with Pursuit, Tyranitar comes in to set up.
    Synergy:
    Fighting: Handled by Gliscor, Gengar, Zapdos and Gyarados.
    Ground: Handled by Gliscor, Gengar, Zapdos and Gyarados.
    Bug: Handled by the whole team, obviously except Tyranitar.
    Steel: Handled by Zapdos, Gyarados and Scizor.
    Water: Handled by Gyarados.
    Grass: Handled by Zapdos, Gengar and Scizor.
    ---

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Shadow Ball
    - Thunderbolt
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    Comments: Gengar is a great special sweeper. Unfortunately, Hidden Power Fire forces him to have a Speed IV of 30, thanks to which he loses the Speed tie to foe Gengar and Latias. Still, Gengar is a vital part of this team. Shadow Ball gives me STAB and the ability to OHKO Rotom-A and 2HKO Latias, a Sp.Def monster. Thunderbolt makes short work of Gyarados, Empoleon and Starmie, along with many other Waters. Focus Blast takes out Heatran and Tyranitar, foiling Tyranitar's attempts to Pursuit me. Same goes with Scizor, who gets OHKO'd by Hidden Power Fire, as well as Forretress.
    Synergy:
    Ghost: Handled by Scizor, Tyranitar
    Psychic: Handled by Scizor, Tyranitar
    Dark: Handled by Scizor, Tyranitar (seems Scizor and Tyranitar are best friends with Gengar...)
    ---

Zapdos @ Life Orb
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Roost
    - Thunderbolt
    - Heat Wave
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    Comments: Zapdos is a monster of a pokemon. It has a big movepool, which has a great offensive pool as well as an awesome defensive pool. Thunderbolt gets some good STAB, Heat Wave kills away Scizor, Forretress, Skarmory among many others, Hidden Power Grass is mainly for Swampert, who would otherwise wall this set, and Roost off the SR/Life Orb damage.
    Synergy:
    Rock: Handled by no one.... (though Rock types are weak against Gyarados, Scizor and Gliscor's STAB attacks)
    Ice: Handled by Scizor
    ---

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    Comments: In my teams, I usually choose only 4 pokemon. Why? Because Gyarados and Scizor already have a spot for them in the team. The 2nd of my set up sweepers, it is the most powerful in them (atleast I think that). It loves to come in on LeadApe too. DD is the main attack, Waterfall has a good STAB, as well as a nice flinch chance, Stone Edge handles Zapdos, Salamence, Dragonite and foe Gyarados among many others and Earthquake puts an end to the Electric types bugging Gyarados.
    Synergy:
    Rock: Handled by no one... (though Rock types are weak against his own STAB attacks, as well as Scizor and Gliscor's STAB attacks)
    Electric: Handled by Gliscor
    ---

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 32 HP/252 Atk/224 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Bullet Punch
    - Quick Attack
    - Superpower
    Comments: In my teams, I usually choose only 4 pokemon. Why? Because Gyarados and Scizor already have a spot for them in the team. Scizor is also the most used pokemon for a reason, that Bullet Punch tears team's apart. Scizor helps Gengar alot, as does Gengar help Scizor setting up. How? Same as the reason for Gengar helping Tyranitar. Bullet Punch for sheer power, Quick Attack for Gyarados and Zapdos, and Superpower makes short work of those Heatran who miss their Fire Blast or non-Scarf Magnezone
    ---
    Hope you had a good read!

Back