• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Seven Easy Steps to Check for Scamming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
    The title says it all. And here are some of the things that MAY signify someone as a scammer: * NOTE: One, two and three don't apply as much as all the others. So if you are a none scammer that fall under two or three of those, don't take it to offence against me automatically. Or ever actually :D

1. People who have joined PC in the month before, or the current month.
    2. Such as people who have no signature and no avatar.
    3. People who have a 0 post count.
    *NOTE: These check for people who are serious about joining the site, usually scammers are not. And like i said, if you fall under any number of these catogories, please don't take it to offence against me.
    4. People who are incharge of threads that looks like it took three seconds to make, especially trading threads.
    5. Scamming cloners are people who are usually hard to spot, seeing as you don't really have anything to make it flashy, like sprites. So wait a few days before going to a new service then check back. Some one will have probably identified him/her as a scammer if they are one.
    6. Before you except a trade or trust someone to clone your pokemon, look under their posts to see where they've posted, usually you'll want to start from the beggining, because some people, like me, have lately been focusing all their attention here at one time. Then check middle and recent pages, don't automatically assume they're a scammer.
    7. Also, for the last thing, don't look for just the bad things, look for the good things too. Everyone has made a mistake when it comes to trading, so if you see one bad thing, still look for pleased trades, and mostly with experienced traders.

Last edited:

Pn0y

Event Collector
    Years
    • MI
    • Seen Aug 14, 2008
    6. Before you except a trade or trust someone to clone your pokemon, look under their posts to see where they've posted, usually you'll want to start from the beggining, because some people, like me, have lately been focusing all their attention here at one time. Then check middle and recent pages, don't automatically assume they're a scammer.

How do you check the peoples previous post..?

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2008
    Hey, Chibaymega12, isn't it possible ppl just got the game recently and wanted to trade online so they searched for sites and came to this one...kinda like xxFrozenFlower.

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
    of course, which is i why i asked to not take it to offence and said that they don't apply as much as the others, but some scammers just come on for a week to scam someone and then scoot, and aren't really serious about the site at all, don't you think it's kinda suspicious when someone who has been on for two or three months don't have a single post count too? But like i said, it doesn't apply as much

Years
    By the way, I take no offense or anything, it's just that I agree and I don't want to seem suspicious :P I'm too simple-minded to be suspicious though ^^;

And you should put it in your sig! Scamming is just evil ^_~

And thenry009, lol that's almost how I'm at this site, I actually signed up because I loved watching the progress on Pokemon rom hacks =P Then I noticed a part for Pokemon D/P trading so here I am ^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back