• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] Shadow Pokemon in Pokemon FireRed

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2019
    Yo for Shadow Pokemon I got an Idea

You could have shadow Pokemon as a Special Form in your Hack,

To implement this I recommend you "Pokemon Game Editor" or "Generation 3 Hacking Suite"

First you should try to expand the Pokemon Table so you can Add new Pokemon.
    Otherwise you could divide the current number of your Pokemon by 2 and have every Pokemon have a Shadow Form (for starters)

Then you Need to Point Evolution data, means that you Need to set your Shadow Pokémons Evolution Condition, for this I'd take Happiness or a Special Item. You could set an NPC with a script that checks for your Pokémons Happiness and gives you an Item to "free it from the shadow" wich just means Evolution afterall.

Shadow Pokemon could all have the same Type like normal, or even have their Stats lowered like 20%

I could write more to your Idea but this should be enough for now

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2019
    The main thing is being able to capture a specific Pokemon in the opposing trainer's party. I think Skeli Unbound will have this implemented in Complete FireRed Upgrade, but I'm making a hack without it and don't know how to insert it by itself at this point D:

This alone sounds Pretty easy to do, do you know how this command:
    trainerbattle Needs Parameters?
    it Needs:
    Type of Battle
    reserved (blank pointer) (0x0)
    challenge message pointer
    defeat message pointer
    and it has one optional Parameter if the type of battle is 0x1 or 0x2 (if it is one of These two types you can determine a pointer where the script continues.

Code:
    Trainerbattle 0x2 0x0 @challenge @win @select

this would let the script continue at @select

from here on you could let the Player select one of 6 Pokemon.
    But for every Trainer you would need a multichoice Box. This would be Pretty work intensive.
    after choosing the Pokemon you would Encounter the Shadow Pokemon in a brand new wild battle where you can catch it.

This would be my way of Scripting this, dont know any ASM yet, and never finished a Romhack, Maybe because my Goals are Always set too high

You want this to be part of the engine to choose Right from the enemys Team to catch after you beat them? I never played the gamecube games so Im not informed About how this engine worked

Back