• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

share your favorite competitive battling team?

uoneko

space princess
Years
  • hopefully this hasn't been done already but
    if you feel like sharing proudly what your winning team is, or just looking for inspiration for your own teams, here's the place to be
    feel free to share your best competitive battling teams here and discuss, whether you post movesets, natures, stats, and items or not is up to you!

Years
  • ADV OU:

Spoiler:

easywin vs most skarm-reliant teams, struggles with lastmon lax and offensive cune. prone to most mirrormatch teams when it comes to playstyle. ev's are probably a bit off on some mons, like aero and forre. swampert is not necessarily the lead. if you steal this team, all pokemon should be named MOXIEINFINITE.

edit: liking my own post cuz im awesome like that

Last edited:
    Years
  • Tentacruel (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Rain Dish
    EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Scald
    - Protect
    - Rapid Spin
    - Toxic Spikes

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Scald
    - Toxic
    - Perish Song
    - Protect

Tangrowth (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 HP / 28 Atk / 228 Def
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Giga Drain / Power Whip [Rock gem terrakion beat this team a lot once it became popular because Giga can't KO without the SpDef drop, so this is an option]
    - Earthquake
    - Sleep Powder
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Substitute
    - Thunder
    - Water Pulse
    - Calm Mind

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Brave Bird
    - Spikes
    - Roost
    - Whirlwind

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Seismic Toss
    - Toxic
    - Stealth Rock
    - Softboiled

This was the best team I've built, however it was built in BW1 OU so I'm not sure how great it will be in BW2 with the rise of some bigger threats but it could probably still be pretty solid in the right hands. The EVs were done a long time ago but here's what I remember.

Tentacruel: I think this outspeeds standard Gliscor
    Politoed: Gets to the 180 or so benchmark to outrun skarm and CB Tar
    Skarm: Outrun wobbuffet, politoed, some cb tar
    Tangrowth: The 28 atk is from a set known as "Heists defensive tangrowth", I have no idea what they do but I kept them on for some reason.
    Chansey: Never 2HKO'd by +6 celebi
    Jirachi is just standard to maximize speed and bulk, the idea is to lure in ferrothorn [a common nuisance to rain stall] and set up a sub on him!

Back