• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shedininja, Friend or Foe?

marillmonster2000

PC's True Blue Marill
    Years
    (For Those Of You Who Have Been Living Under A Rock For The Past Few Years, shedininja Is A Pokemon That Has An Ability Witch Makes No Move Hit Him Exept Super Efective Moves)He Has Bad Stats, Dosen't Learn Any Good Moves, and Is A Really Cheap Strategy.Is Wonder Guard worth It?

Lady Pearl

Nyago-chan ish sleeping~!
    Years
    Of course, silly! Well, I wouldn't say Shedinja is "ultimately worth it", but he's so cute and wonderful. What technique Shedinja was given! Hmm, let's see. A weakness of his is fire and that's not a good sign. Possibly you could spread some good EVs to him to make him withstand a good battle.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    When Shedinja is put against an enemy of which has no attacks super effective, it is king/queen of all Pokemon (Unless the enemy has an attack like Sandstorm)
    When it isn't... well - it's screwed.

In a way - Shedinja's like a double-edged sword.

Dratini927

Matt the Drat
    Years
    I agree with Cat Dog. It is 2 sided basically. If the opponent has anything to hit Shedinja, then it's basically up the creek. But if nothing hits it, then it's almost like an automatic (but slow) win.

I wouldn't really have a Shedinja on my team. It's fairly too weak, and its moves aren't really the best either. So mostly for me, it's a Foe. :P

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    I think Shedjina is both because of wonder guard is a good use in battle to maky your opponent's pokemon lose PP but when it's burned ,confused or whatever it's not that helpful anymore.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Shedinja is not cheap, and takes a *heavy* amount of skills to be used well. Too many things kill it, especially spike/toxic/leech seed which are very common.

It DOES learn some good attacks with good enough stats (oh wow look its defense is crappy but it has wonderguard anyway so like, who cares?). Aerial Ace, Silver Wind, and Shadowball are all good attacks to have, with the last slot being either Protect or HP Physical.

AHAHAHA and it's such a good calmkou counter XD

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    Lady Pearl said:
    Of course, silly! Well, I wouldn't say Shedinja is "ultimately worth it", but he's so cute and wonderful. What technique Shedinja was given! Hmm, let's see. A weakness of his is fire and that's not a good sign. Possibly you could spread some good EVs to him to make him withstand a good battle.

If you mean Sp. def EVs or def it won't matter because Shedinja only has one HP and an attack that is super effective against him would K.O., no amount of Sp. def or def EVs would help. :\

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    though Shedinja really needs to get 2 or 3 HP instead of just 1 hp maximum... it needs that hp boost REAL bad.

Porygon

Banned
    Years
    I like Shedinja, personally, but I perfer not to use it because it's too easily countered. But... if it could learn Mean Look, to keep something helpless to its might in battle, Sunny Day to counter weather effects [who cares if it boosts Fire attacks? It can't survive them anyway], Safeguard for Confusion/toxication? wow, not much for attacking, *maybe* Solarbeam, but if it could do Mean Look, you'd have a nice trapper/blaster XD

Back