• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shedinja

s l u g

arriving somewhere but not here,
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 2, 2023
In the Ruby/ Sapphire there are many unusual ways to evolve Pokemon. Feebas evolving with beauty is pretty weird, but it's nothing compared to the method used to get a Shedinja.

Shedinja itself is a pretty weird Pokemon. It only has 1 HP, but (thanks to it's Characteristic- Wonder Guard) only attacks that are Super Effective against it will harm it. This means that unless it is against a Pokemon that knows a Fire, Flying, Rock, Ground or Dark move it is invincible, which depending on the Opponents Pokemon, could be pretty useful in your team, providing you return it at the right times.

Translator

I want a blog.
Years
In the Ruby/ Sapphire there are many unusual ways to evolve Pokemon. Feebas evolving with beauty is pretty weird, but it's nothing compared to the method used to get a Shedinja.

Shedinja itself is a pretty weird Pokemon. It only has 1 HP, but (thanks to it's Characteristic- Wonder Guard) only attacks that are Super Effective against it will harm it. This means that unless it is against a Pokemon that knows a Fire, Flying, Rock, Ground or Dark move it is invincible, which depending on the Opponents Pokemon, could be pretty useful in your team, providing you return it at the right times.
Well, I guess that's Shedinja. Sometimes Shedinja can be useful, and sometimes it's not. :)

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
1)Shedinja gained a "life" on its own. How do you think about that.?
It's a ghost Pokemon, so I assume it is a spirit that inhabited the shell of a Ninjask/Nicada's body? :S Yeah, I'm clueless. :P

2)Do you think Shedinja is a "weird" evolution.?
It's a unique evolution. I'm suprised they spent time giving Nincada a exclusive evolution, to be honest. :D But he is pretty awesome, with his ability, yet slightly forgotten. ;)

Shedinja8

Niger, atrum vel malum. Sumo.
Years
Shedinja, (like myself) is very useful it a tough situtation. His wonder guard keeps him safe for a short time (enough time heal, stratigse) , but lately in the game, Shedinja has become less and less useful. Attacks are becoming more and more foucsed on oves that negigate his wonderful ability! Though, it is inspiring that people like you are still looking at the amazment of such a pokemon. May Shedinja live in the hearts of all for eterinity........
-Shedinja8

Ayselipera

I'm not a big fan of Shedninja. Its 1 HP thing
dosen't really fly with me. Even with its ability
to be affected by only super effective moves
I'm not comfortable with it.

1. How it gained a life is a little odd, but it doesn't bother me.
2. I actually think its a pretty cool evolution. Bug/Ghost is an
interesting dual type. I just think it was ruined with the
whole 1 HP and ability.

Last edited:

Heiheipig

- This is Madness? -
Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2009
It's not "weird" it's "different".

Hollow shell with a halo? Sure, why not?

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
It's a ghost Pokemon, so I assume it is a spirit that inhabited the shell of a Ninjask/Nicada's body? :S Yeah, I'm clueless.

That's actually a good theory, sorta, but there are some flaws to it. Because it's the shed skin of Ninjask (not Nincada), it's not really a 'shell' per say.​

Translator

I want a blog.
Years
It could be similarly associated with how Banette came into living. After all, it's a discarded doll that has merely been possessed or come into living somehow. :[
I agree with you. But, I think a spirit inhabited a discarded bug shell, and it gave life to Shedinja. :)

Last edited:

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
Yeah, a spirit gave the shell "life". Plus it gains it's invulnerability to non-super-effective attacks through it's powers. Although it's frail and it's defense stats are practically useless.

That's actually a good theory, sorta, but there are some flaws to it. Because it's the shed skin of Ninjask (not Nincada), it's not really a 'shell' per say.​

It's not a skin. It's a shell from it's cocoon.

Last edited:

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
I love Shedinja.
1. I think that's kind of weird.
2.The color change is a little weird and it looks like it would come at the same time as Ninjask but I personally like it better.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
Years
I'm going to go with what Bulbapedia has to say about Shedinja. Its a shed skin of Nincada when it evolves into Ninjask. This shell acts as a "Guardian Angel" based on its "halo" and protective behavior towards Ninjask. Also, Shedinja has no soul since it has a pure void at it core that absorbs souls. I think the closest comparison I can make to shedinja is from InuYasha's Kikyo. An empty shell that becomes alive from other souls.

Back