• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Sheep's anime log!! (Spoilers)

Years
  • For 2023 I made it my goal to watch at least 15 series/seasons of anime, with how much I've fallen behind the last 1-2 years. Recently picked up Demon Slayer with the intention of at least finishing the first season. Just found out that season 2 is coming to Netflix later this month too, meaning I made the right choice to pick it up. \o/

Currently 4 eps in (Jan-March is a busy time for me this year so it'll be slower progress) and gotta say the animation is amazing. I love the scenery/backgrounds a lot, especially the flora (omg beautiful) and starry skies oh my god. Not too sure where this will go yet but so far my favorite characters are Sabito (I mean look at this sweet bean) and Makomo even if they had little screentime so far. It's hard to focus on the characters sometimes when I'm gawking at the amazing art and animation lol.

Years
  • Update #1+2+3!! Be aware there may be some spoilers!

Unfortunately we had to stop Demon Slayer since it disappeared from Netflix and didn't come back after weeks of waiting. Planning on catching up sometime elsewhere but for now it has to be on pause until we find a good place to continue the dub.

Thoughts on the few episodes we did watch: Lovely artwork and incredible backgrounds every time. I kept expecting the other main characters to show up but when we were around 10-11 it was still just Tanjiro and Nezuko. Was hoping we would have seen them before the episodes disappeared since they looked like they had a lot of personality but we didn't in the end. What I was surprised by was seeing the big bad villain pretty early on, even if they obviously couldn't fight him (nor would be a match for him lol). Yahaba also reminds me of Deidara from Naruto. :')

✤✤✤

Demon Slayer aside, I also finished Pokémon: Aim to Be a Pokémon Master! This one stars Ash going on the more classic-feel adventures along with Misty and Brock. Some cool things happened in this series and I was especially impressed by the second-to-last episode focusing on Latios. Interesting villain and great animation. Overall it doesn't hit me the same way as the OG series did because of Ash's new look (it's cute, but doesn't feel like the same Ash as back in the day) though as a fan of pokeani I still thoroughly enjoyed it. Seeing all of Ash's old Pokémon again really made me think of how far everyone's come. Even Pidgeot! ;_; And we saw Cilan again!! Great little finish to Ash's adventures. Kind of expected the 'what is a Pokémon Master' question to end up open-ended and something Ash couldn't answer. Looking forward to seeing him again one day.

✤✤✤

Another series I watched pretty quickly was Is the Order a Rabbit? (Gochuumon) Bloom. The original series is something I really liked watching when it was newer and was eager to check out the sequel when it came out, then of course forgot. I absolutely adore it as expected. Chino and Syaro continue to remain the favorites. Lots of soft moments and cute .gifs to use. This is what really kicked off my love for cute, slice-of-life series with girls like these.

Sheep's anime log!! (Spoilers)

A part of me is so empty now. I need to continue on to other series similar to this again!!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Finally.. done with Sailor Moon Crystal!

What I liked: Backgrounds/scenery are pretty nice generally. Voice acting (dub) was very good. Chibiusa is precious. Hotaru was also great. I also love Haruka and co.
    What I disliked: The art and animation was subpar in season 1 - there were some really awkward scenes. Some were fixed for the updated episode versions later but not everything. Season 2 really picked up quality-wise though, for the most part things looked really nice... Except for one of the last few episodes with the final battle though. Not sure what happened there but it was lower quality than everything else, glad it got better for the episodes after. Also sometimes the repeated transformation sequences lasted so long (when multiple characters were involved) that it took too much time away for my liking lol. The more minor/stepping stone villains had very predictable/bland takeover ideas but that issue stems from the original manga.

It's nice to get reacquainted with this part of my childhood again!

Back