• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[News] Shin Megami Tensei 5 to be Delisted from Nintendo eShop Next Month

Years
    Shin Megami Tensei 5 will be removed from the Nintendo eShop on June 13, 2024 ahead of the release of expanded edition Shin Megami Tensei 5 Vengeance.

Publisher Atlus confirmed the takedown in an X/Twitter post, making clear that all digital editions of the game, including the Standard and Deluxe, as well as all downloadable content will be unavailable ahead of Vengeance, which launches June 21, 2024. Players who already own either the physical or digital versions of Shin Megami Tensei 5 will be able to continue playing after the takedown date, or redownload it if necessary.

Vengeance is a revamped version of the original available across all platforms, meaning PlayStation 4 and 5, Xbox One and Series, PC via Steam, and Nintendo Switch, with various improvements and even additional content being added.

"Forge your path through a post-apocalyptic world in this definitive version of Shin Megami Tensei 5," the official synopsis reads. "Two complete story paths await, including a brand new storyline with new locations and demons, and where your choices will determine the fate of all existence."

Changes include improved gameplay systems and quality of life features, more than 40 new demons being available, and significantly different story beats in one of the two story modes playable in Vengeance. Atlus estimated each route takes around 80 hours each, meaning Vengeance offers around 160 hours of gameplay for those looking to explore both.

Sake-Kun

8th Sin - Apostasy
    Days
    • Seen yesterday
    I'd still say this looks less egregious in comparison to the digital-only release of the european version of SMT IV being lost to time with the shutting down of 3DS eShop.
    And thanks to the enhanced version coming to PC, I won't have to buy a Switch just to play it.

That being said, I still dislike this trend in the gaming industry. That enhanced edition better be an improvement in comparison to the original game.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    Even though I'm not interested in/don't play the main SMT games/franchise and mainly/only play the Persona games/franchise... I fully expect this to happen again with Persona 6 whenever that comes out and it's 'upgraded version' comes out (I think I'll just stick with the original in this case thanks)

Years
    I fully expect this to happen again with Persona 6 whenever that comes out and it's 'upgraded version' comes out (I think I'll just stick with the original in this case thanks)
    Yep, and it will sadly. I'll prolly still get Persona 6 and then whatever upgraded/updated version too lol

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'd still say this looks less egregious in comparison to the digital-only release of the european version of SMT IV being lost to time with the shutting down of 3DS eShop.
    And thanks to the enhanced version coming to PC, I won't have to buy a Switch just to play it.

That being said, I still dislike this trend in the gaming industry. That enhanced edition better be an improvement in comparison to the original game.
    Yeah, it sounds like there's a lot of QoL enhancements and an entire additional storyline, so it'll definitely be an improvement. I did just sink down the cash for the OG on Switch back in January, but it was at least on sale. I'll probably grab this enhanced version though and play through that with much better performance. It REALLY suffers on Switch.

Back