• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiney Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ade

Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 31, 2004
    Can anybody tell me how long you have to play for
    before you run into a shiney pokemon? :nervous:

Charwolf

I like starbursts.
    Years
    You have to be very lucky.But what I do is not try to think about them or try to find them,but to find me.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    1/8000 something are just the chances, not the amount of Pokemon you run into. And I doubt the chances matter much since they're obviously very low.

Loki

any certain places to find a shiny pokemon lol ive searched for every and i ran into a dunsparce but wasnt sure if it was shiny becuase it was the first time i saw one then i accidentally killed it so i searched again and found out it was....8(

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    There is no specific place to find a shiny. Any Pokemon you run into at any moment at any location can be shiny.

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    mmm shiney pokemon are very very hard to find. ive been playing it for nearly 100 hours and still no shineys.

Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jan 21, 2009
    I just restarted my FR after about 250 hours, never even seen a shiny anything. I haven't even seen one on my Ruby which has upwards of 600 hours on it. :knockedou

ShadowCharizard

WELCOME TO MY UNIVERSE
    Years
    just so u know, i have never run into a wild shiny in either my sapphire or my fire red, and i have had both for quite a while (especially sapphire).

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2005
    The odds are Very rare indeed, it will take you 65 hours of battling assuming you can do 2 battles every minute of those 65 hours...

mewtwo-EX

The original EX
    Years
    If you've never seen a pokemon before and aren't sure if it's shiny, check for a ding and 2 stars that flash around the pokemon when it first comes out. This denotes a shiny. Some shinys are almost the same color as their normal counterparts, so the stars and sound are a givaway. In my entire pokemon playing time, I've only encountered 3 shinys, 1 in crystal (can't remember which, but not the red garados), a Zigzagoon in Saphire and some pokemon owned by a trainer in LG (waaaaaah). As stated below, it's not a matter of time, but a matter of luck. You might even run into 5 in a row if you are very very lucky.

Merron

Hope of the Redoran
    Years
    Keep playing, and you might see one. People make fun of gamblers, but you can win only if you play the game, lol.

My golden Shellder (now dearly deleted) came with the first use of Super Rod!!!

mew42003

Lulz
    Years
    I got a shiney dustox and golem. dustox has brown wings and golem is orange. in my ruby i'm trying to get a black Rayquaza.any tips?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back