• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Shinies, wow.

Milotic_King

Beauty redefined
    Years
    I've been wondering how you all come across so many shines? Is this all legitimate hunting? Is there some person you talk to or some item you use that makes pokemon shiny?

I've just seen way to many people with a LOT of shinies, and I thought they were all hacked from an AR. But then I realized, the moderators wouldn't let this many 'illegal' Pokemon continue to be traded.

So how do you all do it? I mean getting ALL of those shinies? Some are very obscure to have. Explanation plz. I've only come across two shinies playing Pokemon games for 8 years of my life. A Golbat and a Magnemite, both in Pokemon Crystal.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    To be honest, half of the shinies distributed are probably AR'ed

Most people don't bother to go down to the deepest depths of the codes to check it, so they never find out.

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
    If you've played Pokemon Crystal, that makes 3 shinies - Magnemite, Golbat and a Gyarados. Besides the Red Gyarados, I haven't encountered a single shiny. But I think you can use the PokeRader in DP to find shinies. I do know for sure that is there is no person or item that can make a Pokemon shiny.

Jabunks

Currently Inactive
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    Yeah, the Pokeradar has been belived to increase shinies catch rate...

Spoiler:

Milotic_King

Beauty redefined
    Years
    I'm sure people use the Pokeradar and get like 100 shinies, that would take years, honestly. They have to be AR'd. There's no other way. It's just so unbelievable that people give them away without seeming to care in the slightest bit.

If I have a breedable shiny, could I breed it to get a lot more shinies? Or does it come out normally? If I had a shiny, could I multiply it?

Do people do either of these methods to avoid using a cheating device?

Jabunks

Currently Inactive
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    Cloning :(
    Can't breed shinies, breeding still 1/8000 chance (estimate)
    they probably are AR'd, but trade through alot of people...

I'm sure people use the Pokeradar and get like 100 shinies, that would take years, honestly. They have to be AR'd. There's no other way. It's just so unbelievable that people give them away without seeming to care in the slightest bit.

If I have a breedable shiny, could I breed it to get a lot more shinies? Or does it come out normally? If I had a shiny, could I multiply it?

homsar

Competitive Gamer
    Years
    I wouldn't say most shinies are AR'd. Just cloned. Once a pokemon of any line is found in shiny it starts to make the rounds. Like I caught a legit shiny Spinda and Ive traded away many many clones. At least 40, so now more people can clone and continue to distribute it.

Jabunks

Currently Inactive
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    lol, true, I clone everything before i trade it xD
    So, we could possibly have 85+% of legit shines being traded throughout the forums (REALLY rough estimate)

I wouldn't say most shinies are AR'd. Just cloned. Once a pokemon of any line is found in shiny it starts to make the rounds. Like I caught a legit shiny Spinda and Ive traded away many many clones. At least 40, so now more people can clone and continue to distribute it.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I've been wondering how you all come across so many shines? Is this all legitimate hunting? Is there some person you talk to or some item you use that makes pokemon shiny?

I've just seen way to many people with a LOT of shinies, and I thought they were all hacked from an AR. But then I realized, the moderators wouldn't let this many 'illegal' Pokemon continue to be traded.

So how do you all do it? I mean getting ALL of those shinies? Some are very obscure to have. Explanation plz. I've only come across two shinies playing Pokemon games for 8 years of my life. A Golbat and a Magnemite, both in Pokemon Crystal.

99% of my shinys I recieved throught trades via Wi-Fi. I started my shiny hunting on a single shiny that I found in Sapphire: Shiny Electrode.

The reason that people are able to 'let go' of their shinys without the slightest care is because almost everyone on this Trade forum will clone via GTS/AR.

So, actually it isn't such a big deal that there are so many people with 100+ Shinys.

Darkrai Lv X

Sleep...Sleep...
    Years
    I once ran into a shiny Tentacool near Mt. Pyre in emerald.Killed it without realizing it was shiny,until JUST after I had hit the A button to use a move.

I'd say about half the shiny Pokemon out there are ARed.Sad,isn't it?

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017

Years? I've had the games for less than a year, and combined i've caught approx 300-400 Shinies from Poké Radar chaining.
    When you manage to catch so many, especially from the same chain, you tend to not mind much about getting rid of a few of them. If it weren't for people abusing one's generosity and cloning Shinies for trading purposes/self gain, then I would give more out to people besides those i'm familliar with >_<

It doesn't feel right to say that everyone who gives a Shiny away must hack them, 'cause that's kind of insulting to those who do catch them honestly..

When breeding there's a 1 in 164 chance of a shiny.
    Now where on earth did you hear that? =P
    That's less than the chances of finding a Shiny bush in a Poké Radar chain of 40+. If that were true, then I would have had a lot more egg Shinies by now...

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2011
    I've seen 2 shinies: I caught 2 too. They are a shiny snubbel (chained) and a rattatta (saw in wild in firered)

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    If you want shinys, heres a hint: get action replay.

Don't you think that defeats the point of them?
    It's no fun hacking to get all you want, and it takes the enjoyment out of encountering them normally. I've been down that road before :[

So instead, i'll suggest - if one wants Shinies, then learn to use the Poké Radar.

D:
    Idea sparks...
    Prolly stupid xD
    Spoiler:

Won't work, the Pokémons stats/Shininess and everything is determined the moment you receive the egg.
    And it's a 1/8192 chance for all Pokémon, excluding Poké Radar Shinies.

Back