• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Shinies!

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
  • ... I don't see why shinies wouldn't be included. Pokemon may be 3D models now but I still see no reason for alternate-colored models to be out of the production process. ^^;;

Shiny Pokemon are very popular and coveted. They wouldn't just be thrown out over a change like sprites to 3D models, I believe. Shiny hunting is something that actually keeps many fans interested in the games upon completion believe it or not... me being one of them. X//D;

They've been doing 3D shinies since Stadium 2, so I don't think any hardcore shiny hunters should worry about it!

I've never done shiny hunting before, but if everybody seems to like it I might give it a try! I once encountered a shiny Lotad before I even had my first badge in Emerald, so I think I have a knack for it... hehe.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2013
    ...not sure why merge but OK....

So nobody else thinks unique features would be cool? 3d model tweaks are easy

Atleast randomize the colours of shinies either based on genetics, location, or some kind of other factor or even just random

Id rather have a coveted black and pink feraligatr with pale blue eyes and run into someone with a dif color combo and compare, it could make for a real show stopper

And though I dislike shiny lock, I think GF could use 3d model morphs or special colors or effects (like glowing marks) instead

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
    Years
  • I was hoping for the shiny Fennekin to be pink, that's all I've speculated.

I'm pretty sure they will have shinies, it's not a thing they're going to just stop, I don't think.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
    Years
  • It better have shinies! Shinies are amazing...for ideas:
    Froakie: PINK! like Mudkip's.
    Chespin: Um...just darker colors.
    Fennekin: I like that pic of teh white and blue Fennekin(top of page 2)...so yeah, that one.
    As for shiny locks...I know this is a bit weird, but I'm hoping for shiny locks on the legendary pokemon. Shiny legendaries are awesome and all...but so much hacking for them! If you see a shiny legendary while trading, chances are that it is a hack(as those that have SR'd *cough* me *cough* are more than likely not going to be wanting to give away their prize after so much effort.)
    Shiny guaranteed pokemon like REd Gyarados in G/S/C? ...Nah, that just undermines the concept of a shiny altogether. Say that there's a guaranteed shiny Marill in the game...then when you meet a REAL shiny Marill by luck, it's worthless.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • of course they'll be included, if anything the fact that they're using 3d models now should make it easier, just plop a texture in photoshop, adjust the colours with the colour balance tool and voila. No need to recolour every frame of animation like with sprites

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
    Years
  • Fennekin will probably have yellow and orange reversed. You know, like Torchic.
    Chespin will probably have a dark green or an aqua color in its "hoodie" and lighter brown colors.
    I´m not so sure about Froakie...Darker blue or yellow perhaps?

Last edited:

Schwan

Frontier Brain
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Mar 2, 2016
    I can't imagine shinies being removed, too many people would freak out haha. I would also be interested in alternate colours though, I always thought Pokemon Naranja was especially cool because they changed the colours of things.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
  • One thing I am hoping for is soft resettable shiny legendaries. Zekrom and Reshiram couldn't be shiny, neither Victini, which I found stupid. Heck, just let us soft reset already! If the legendary shiny sprites look nice, I am going to seriously hope the shiny lock hasn't been imposed yet again.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Of course the shinies are going to return, they've been around since G/S/C!

Can't wait to see how they look in the new 3D battles.

Back