• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Encounters Thread! Gen III only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2012
    Hey guys, just a thread for posting your Generation III (FR/LF, E/R/S) Shiny encounter stories.
    My very first encounter with a shiny in Gen III and first ever was in Pokemon Emerald.
    I was looking in that area just above the first forest area, searching for a tailow, because tailows dominate in that game.
    Anyway, I was just about ready to give up on tailow when I saw a shiny poochyena :D
    I caught it with a pokeball, levelled it, evolved it into mightyena, and it's now my pokebro.
    Funny thing was, I got through perfectly fine without ever getting a tailow :P

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    In Gen III, my first encounter was in the Cinnabar Mansion with a Shiny Koffing. It exploded in my face. I hate you Koffing.

Next was in Ruby when I was doing a Nuzlocke Challenge. I found a Shiny Voltorb from one of the Poke Balls on the ground. I kinda freaked and reset the game.

Lastly, I was looking for all the Unowns in the Ruins in FireRed. There I caught a Shiny Unown A, if I can remember.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • nuh nuh nuh nuh no. There's already a thread to list your shinies in Pokemon Gaming Central. Close enough.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back