• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Gold Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    Game is good but still quite a few glitches.

For instance, my character name randomly changed so now the Pokemon I currently had now get boosted exp because it thinks its a traded pokemon. Lol

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2015
    I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but I don't have the time to look though all 52 pages, but is there a place where I can know the evolutions of the Pokemon that needs trading. Again, I'm sorry if this has been asked.

Years
  • Um anyone help?
    My brother was playing shiny gold...
    his file is the 2nd one
    He accidently pressed save game on his file (while he was on the title screen), instead of load game!
    Now everytime he clicks on load game for his file, it comes back to the title screen...
    what should he do? Help pls!!!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • please I need the link of Pokemon shiny gold (the latest version)
    & thanks

Um check SG topic?

I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but I don't have the time to look though all 52 pages, but is there a place where I can know the evolutions of the Pokemon that needs trading. Again, I'm sorry if this has been asked.
    Which pokemon do ya need?
    Since some pokemon that evolve by trading evolve at some level

Im stuck on how to do the celebi event,I have the Gs ball so what now?
    Um ya mean where to go with it? Then go to Ilex Forest Shrine

Um anyone help?
    his file is the 2nd one
    He accidently pressed save game on his file (while he was on the title screen), instead of load game!
    Now everytime he clicks on load game for his file, it comes back to the title screen...
    Play all over again I guess...

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2015
    I was just wondering if there was a place where i could find a list of all of them. But specifically, the Geodude line. And also, if there is any other way to get a water stone, before Dragons Den?

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2010
    Is it possible for me to get a shiny charmander from the Game Corner in game if I keep reloading a save and trading for him again? Because I don't want to be wasting all my time if not.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    I gave the GS ball to Kurt, but everytime I talk to him he just says "Hmm.."

How do I get the ball back?

gameplayinfreak

nooby nooby
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2016
    Um anyone help?
    his file is the 2nd one
    you want to know what the answer to that problem is? he has to do everything all over again. once you save with save states theres no going back. he got screwed

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2012
    Well, after playing the fourth beta, I thought I'd upgrade to the fifth. I am aware that you cannot use your old save file, so I began a new game. I started the game normally, except when I tried to open the Start Menu, the game crashed. Any ideas on how to fix this? I already made sure I had a clean Fire Red.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Well, after playing the fourth beta, I thought I'd upgrade to the fifth. I am aware that you cannot use your old save file, so I began a new game. I started the game normally, except when I tried to open the Start Menu, the game crashed. Any ideas on how to fix this? I already made sure I had a clean Fire Red.
    Um ya could've used the old save file why shouldn't ya?

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2012
    Q: Can I patch over an older patched Beta? Can I continue from an older Beta save? (C)
    A: To my knowledge, both answers are negative. Patching over patching and using an older Beta save bring a lot of more errors than when playing the game normally from the beginning. So, don't get too attached to your Pokemon while playing the Beta versions.
    From Zel's front page of Shiny Gold. I suppose I could try my old save game, though.

EDIT: The game still crashed when I opened the start menu. ("Fatal Error")

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    How do you evolve Seadra to Kingdra, and where can I catch Horsea?
    btw, this is a little off topic, but you should search ShinyGold under Posts; the results are hilarious. Apparently half of the people on this forum joined Pokecommunity just so they could download this game.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • How do you evolve Seadra to Kingdra, and where can I catch Horsea?
    Seadra evolves at level 50. And Horsea should be... somewhere in water xD

From Zel's front page of Shiny Gold. I suppose I could try my old save game, though.
    yeah ya can't patch to the same ROM twice but ya can use save files :) As long as they have same name as the ROM and were saved from the same base ROM (FR/Ruby etc.)

gameplayinfreak

nooby nooby
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2016
    can anyone tell me why whenever i catch ho-oh i mysteriously get another master ball? this happened the first time before i accidentally deleted my file for it and this time too. is that supposed to happen or what?

Years

I've done some looking around, and I've gathered that you have to have save type set to flash128k or something to progress beyond the elite four.

If I were to play this game on my M3 Lite GBA flash cart, would it know to set it to flash 128k? There is no option to set it so, it is probably set to use the same save method as the original Firered...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back