• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Hour

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2015
    But Australia has timezones too, right? Where do you live, Sidney(I mean no offense to sound so generic, but since it's the capital to my belief, and most capitals have a concentrated amount of population)?

Sorry to sound like a prick, but is the Australian version the same as the US version, because the only ones I have are the US ones aside from my Japanese Gold and Pearl, and I don't exactly think it'd work on those ones..

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2015
    Oh..okay, turns out my memory is about as hazy as the top of some..misty mountain or something on a foggy day, lol. But thanks, I guess I'll try the glitch as soon as I manage to calculate what time it'll be when it's 5 or 6 o'clock where you live. But not now, as it's almost 10:30 here and I'm getting yelled at for being on the computer this late...

AnimeDDR110

Twizzers!
    Years
    it is hard to find shiny, me only running into a shiny unown A which i knew at the time was shiny and screaming so much, then i forgot to save my game, and i shut it off, oh, that was a bad day.

Years
    i herd some were if u find 1 shiny the chances of u finden another r 4000 instead of 8000 then 2000 1000 500 250 125 and so on so if ur really lucky and find like 5 shinies ull most likely find more

Years
    • NA
    • Seen Jan 12, 2008
    5:00 is 11:00 (at night) in California. So maybe I'll sneak my gameboy under my bed and play it.
    I've only encountered two shinies in my entire life, and I've played Pokemon forever. (The red gyarados in G/S/C doesn't count, of course.) The first was a shiny (I think it was blue) trapinch in my sapphire. It was the first trapinch I ever saw, and I had no idea that they were a reddish/pinkish/brownish/whateverish color. (I thought the stars that came out were strange, but I assumed it was normal with that type of pokemon.) I killed it. And then the next two or so trapinches I saw was the normal color. And then (you probably won't believe this) I saw another shiny trapinch. I now thought they came in two colors, so I killed that one too. I'm such a fool. Shiny flygons, thats what I could've gotten.
    I also saw a purple lanturn. But it was in the battle frontier, so I couldn't catch it. One of my friends saw a shiny miliotic in the battle frontier, too.

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
    i have seen quite a few shinies, i have had shiny Groudon, Rayquaza and Shiny Regice. but i deleted my save and i have now a shiny Treecko.

Harper

Crazy guy with red hair...
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2009
    Hey galachking... i just thought i'd point out... not sure if you know this but i find it hard not to know... but you didn't need to restard your game for nuggets... i'm not sure if it's starpieces or nuggets but there are 2 ladies at resort gorgeous , north of five island... if you have a pokemon that can use snatch or watever it is that steals held items then you can steal nugets or star pieces off her...
    one of the ladies has 2 pokemon, the first one gives stardust and her second pokemon gives starpieces... there is another ladie... not sure what she gives... havnt dun it in ages...

fattyeater

Adavanced Collector
    Years
    that does not sound possible but i guess it`s okay.i only got one shiny in my whole life a shiny unown S.

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
    Years
    5:00 is 11:00 (at night) in California. So maybe I'll sneak my gameboy under my bed and play it.
    I've only encountered two shinies in my entire life, and I've played Pokemon forever. (The red gyarados in G/S/C doesn't count, of course.) The first was a shiny (I think it was blue) trapinch in my sapphire. It was the first trapinch I ever saw, and I had no idea that they were a reddish/pinkish/brownish/whateverish color. (I thought the stars that came out were strange, but I assumed it was normal with that type of pokemon.) I killed it. And then the next two or so trapinches I saw was the normal color. And then (you probably won't believe this) I saw another shiny trapinch. I now thought they came in two colors, so I killed that one too. I'm such a fool. Shiny flygons, thats what I could've gotten.
    I also saw a purple lanturn. But it was in the battle frontier, so I couldn't catch it. One of my friends saw a shiny miliotic in the battle frontier, too.
    Oh, that sucks...
    As for me, I've only encountered two 'legal' shinies. I've used plenty of cheats for shinies, just for kicks, but in my Silver Version, I caught a shiny Tentacruel on the way to Olivine after I got the SecretPotion. In my LeafGreen, I found a black Zubat in the Altering Cave while I was trying to find anything special about the cave. I was on my was out the door when I found it, and now it's a pink Crobat on my GameCube (XD).
    Other than that, I've never gotten a shiny without cheating.

Soulweaver

a mirage
    Years
    I think the time of the day doesn't affect the shiny Pokémon appearance ratio. It sounds quite bizarre to me.

And, speaking of shinies, I have got only three (minus one) of them in my entire Pokémon life. And all of them in my Gold. They are the Red Gyarados (that's the one I subtracted from the count), blue Swinub (now Piloswine) and gray Fearow. I saw a black Manetric in my Sapphire, though. But! That was in Battle Tower. *sigh* I'm still looking for my first 3rd Gen shiny.

Soulweaver

a mirage
    Years
    Oh, forgot to tell that my little bro found a green Zubat once and evolved it into a pink (?) Crobat. However, he forgot to take it with him when he started a new save. :/ Still, I'm filled with envy XD

noah73x

Noah
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 1, 2008
    my 1st Shiny was a resorrected Cabuto that i evolved into Cabutos at red fire, then a shiny zobat that i evolved into Crobat at green leaf... then i finished 3 times pokemon emerald [to resive the 3 G/S/C starters] and didn't got even 1 shiny, until the 3ed time that i found in it shiny oddish and a shiny linoone [he picks from each 3-5 trainers a Protein/HP UP/PP UP/Iron!!!! love it].... i realy can't belive that you get 1 per a day!! ur super duper lucky!

Back