• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Shiny Hunting Methods For gen 7?

fuzzybulba

~Bulbasaur is my favorite~
    Years
    HI,
    I'm trying to complete my Pokedex so I can get the shiny charm in my copy of Pokémon Sun.
    Does anyone know/have a list of ways to shiny hunt in the game. I know a few I just want to know them ALL. A video would work too!
    TYSM,
    Bee/Chloé:laugh-squinted:

Years
    SOS Battling increases the chances of encountering a shiny as you defeat more of them at 11, 21 and finally at 31, when the game checks up to four personality values. This chance increases with the shiny charm. Consider a Pokémon with False Swipe to get the wild mon down to just one health point, and some Adrenaline Balls to increase the chances of it attempting to call for allies to arrive. Depending on how many allies come in place, the chances of encountering a shiny will increase. Bear in mind, with Sun and Moon after 255 allies are beaten, the chain resets to 0.

There's also the Matsuda Method, which also increases the chance of coming across a shiny from breeding, which is breeding Pokémon with another from another game of a different language.

Back