• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Shiny locked Legendaries

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
Years
  • I just tried to trade a shiny Groudon to someone, and evidently I have a "Pokemon that can't be traded in my party." I read somewhere that Groudon isn't shiny locked, so what gives? The only other Pokemon I had in my party was an Empoleon. The Groudon is way past its minimum encounter level. It doesn't have any EVs, so it's not because it has hacked EVs. It has a pentagon. So, does the "party" count for my box as well? Or did Pokemon patch something up? This is aggravating.

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
    Years
  • It must be a hacked Pokemon. Groudon and Kyogre are shiny locked in ORAS. As for the blue pentagon that means nothing for its legitimacy, it just means it came from Gen 6. Doesn't mean it isn't hacked or not. You most likely have yourself a hacked Pokemon and that's why you can't trade it.

Here's info on that blue pentagon. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Blue_pentagon

Do you have any idea which ones aren't shiny locked?

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    Are you trying to trade a Groudon with Precipice Blades to an X/Y game? That may be the reason why, not the shiny-ness

Sorry I just noticed that your Groudon has a pentagon. In that case, that's most likely hacked. Sorry man

Last edited by a moderator:

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
    Years
  • Are you trying to trade a Groudon with Precipice Blades to an X/Y game? That may be the reason why, not the shiny-ness

Sorry I just noticed that your Groudon has a pentagon. In that case, that's most likely hacked. Sorry man

Damn. For the record, I was trying to trade it to someone on ORAS.

Back