• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Approved: Shiny Pokémon Raffle [Planning stages]

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    Shiny Pokémon Raffle [Planning stages]

Introduction

Welcome to PCX's first ever Shiny Pokémon Raffle. All are welcome to participate in this unique raffle where everyone is guaranteed to walk away with a shiny Pokémon. The raffle entry period will run from the September 24th to September 28th. In order to qualify for the event, each participant must donate a Pokémon of their choice to go towards your prize. The last digit of your entry fee's dex number corresponds to what prize you'll get. To give an example of how this works:
    Example:
    A member who donates a Pikachu, National Dex #025, will receive prize #5.
    A member who donates an Houndour, National Dex #228, will receive prize #8.
    A member who donates a Bibarel, National Dex #400, will receive prize #0.
    In total, there are 10 different shiny Pokémon available as prizes. There's no way of knowing which prize you'll get, until the prizes are handed out. So choose your entry fees wisely. Prizes will be handed out during the last two days of the Get-Together event, September 29th-September 30th. Sign up now for a chance to win!

Guidelines for participation

- To submit your Entry Fee Pokémon, please use this form:
    Username:
    Friend Code:
    Entry Fee Pokémon:
    Times available to trade:
    (Please include your time zone)
    Raffle ticket: (To be awarded upon completion of entry)​
    - Entry Fee Pokémon will NOT be refunded. Please do not use Pokémon that hold any value to you as the entry fee.
    - When you receive your raffle ticket from one of the Shiny Pokémon Raffle organizers, please edit your post to include your raffle ticket.
    - Any participant who does NOT pick up their prize by the 30th, will forfeit their prize.
    • Certain extenuating circumstances can allow for a later pick up, but a notification must be made to either Team Fail or twistedpuppy before the September 30th deadline.​

Prizes

Prizes will be award between September 29th and September 30th. Prizes include emblems, 10 different shiny Pokémon available, and 3 mystery shiny Pokémon.

Participation Emblem
    All participating members will receive this emblem + a randomly chosen shiny Pokémon.

Gold Emblem
    One randomly chosen participant will receive all 10 shiny Pokémon prizes + 3 mystery shiny Pokémon in addition to their participantion prize.

Silver Emblem
    Two randomly chosen participants will receive their choice of 2 of the 10 shiny Pokémon available + 1 mystery shiny Pokémon in addition to their participantion prize.
    Bronze Emblem
    Three randomly chosen participants will receive 1 of 10 shiny Pokémon available of their choice in addition to their participantion prize.

(Scroll down for more)

Vulpix Lv.1

Nature: Modest
    Ability: Drought
    IVs: 31 | x | 30 | 31 | 31 | 31 [HP
    70]
    Moves: Ember*
    OT: PCX | ID: 00010

Eevee Lv.1

Ability: Anticipation
    IVs: 31 | x | 31 | 30 | 31 | 31 [HP
    70]
    Moves: Tail Whip* | Tackle* | Helping Hand*

Larvitar Lv.1

Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Guts
    IVs: 31 | 31 | 31 | x | 31 | 31
    Moves: Bite* | Leer*

Bagon Lv.1

Ability: Rock Head
    IVs: 30 | x | 30 | 30 | 30 | 31 [HP
    70]
    Moves: Rage*

Beldum Lv.1

Ability: Clear Body
    Moves: Take Down*

Gible Lv.1

Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Moves: Tackle

Rotom Lv.1

Ability: Levitate
    IVs: 31 | x | 30 | 31 | 31 | 31 [HP
    70]
    Moves: Astonish* | Thundershock* | Thunder Wave* | Confuse Ray*

Litwick Lv.1

Ability: Flash Fire
    IVs: 31 | x | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
    Moves: Ember* | Astonish*

Axew Lv.1

Ability: Mold Breaker
    Moves: Scratch*

Deino Lv.1

Nature: Timid
    Ability: Hustle
    IVs: 31 | x | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
    Moves: Tackle* | Dragon Rage*

*Pokémon's moves are subject to change

Final Notes & Credits

If you have any questions regarding the raffle, please send a VM/PM to Team Fail or twistedpuppy. We'll get to your responses as soon as possible.

All Pokémon have been RNG bred for shininess, IVs, and nature. Cloning will be used to help with distribution. Credit for RNG breeding goes to Team Fail and twistedpuppy.

A special thanks goes to Hybrid Trainer for making the emblems and TwilightBlade for making the banner and helping with CSS.

Old stuff:
    Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    Ugh...I wanted to say something, but I don't know what to say. I don't think that makes any sense. O_o

I found a site where you can generate your own tickets. I made one as an example;

Some of the stuff is pretty generic. If you see ??? for the admission price, it's because I thought it could be used to show the dex number of the Pokémon entry fee. Say someone put in a Houndour, the admission price would be 228. A, B, and C can be substituted for something else. I don't know exactly what we'll use to distinguish everyone in the raffle (integers or letters), but I figure this would be the thing to edit for that. There's an option to include a location in the ticket, but I thought we could use the entrée's username instead. We could always put a location if we want. Idk where. Narnia?
    Link to ticket generator.

If PokéCheck wants to cooperate those days, it'll definitely be of great use. We should probably hack check before handing them a ticket. Don't want to give someone false hope. Did I just feel sympathy for a cheater? Dafuq! After everything checks out, then we could hand them their ticket. We'll have to ask them to edit their posts with their tickets, but I'll be keeping copies anyways. If I catch someone trying to offer up a hack, do I have to give them an infraction? Ugh...'¬.¬

For how long do you think should we run this?

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    Yay! \o/ I don't want to have to hand out football soccer cards.

Forgot this one.
    For how long do you think should we run this?

Also, should we include a rule saying if you don't pick up your prize by so and so date, you'll forfeit your prize?

Oh, and emblems. Yes? No? Maybe? Mabbeh babbeh?

EDIT:
    Blade brought up an interesting thought to me. Not everyone who wants to participate in the raffle will have a shiny Pokémon. So then what do we do about these people? Well, what if we make the entry fee, instead of a shiny Pokémon, any Pokémon they choose to "pay" with. However, the Pokémon they choose to donate will have an impact on what shiny Pokémon they receive in the raffle.

Let's say we have three participants; Bladenub, Nicanub, and Hybnub.
    Bladenub's entry fee is Latias. Dex number 380.
    Nicanub's entry fee is Kyurem. Dex number 646.
    Hybnub's entry fee is Omastar. Dex number 139.

But what if the Pokémon being used as an entry fee is Bulbasaur or Pikachu, you ask? #001 and #025. Just slap a zero on that sucka. The last digit of the dex number determines what Pokémon they'll receive as a prize. So there will be 10 different possible prizes. Of course this means we'll have to RNG 10 different shiny Pokémon, but it's better than RNGing an individual Pokémon for each person.

We can do something like a first and second place in the raffle, but that would include RNGing 2-3 more Pokémon. And here I thought this was going to be so easy. What do you think?

Last edited:

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    Ok, the 24th-28th sounds like a reasonable amount of time. We can hand out prizes over the weekend.

I'm surprise you can't do stats yet. Usually people have a hard time abusing for shinies. Looks like you skipped over the easy part and went straight for the hardest. xD

I'd prefer abusing for IVs and shiny, especially in 5th gen since it's all done in one attempt. So if you still have trouble with it I can do it. Honestly, I can RNG everything in one day if I can really concentrate. It's not that inconvenient for me...Unless I RNG something from 4th Gen. >.<

Now what can we giveaway? I don't think people would be too excited about a shiny Caterpie. I don't plan on going all out and abusing a troll genie. Nuh-uh! No way! Screw you guys—I'm going home! →

Should include something from each gen?
    1. Gen I
      • ???
      • ???
    2. Gen II
      • ???
      • ???
    3. Gen III
      • ???
      • ???
    4. Gen IV
      • ???
      • ???
    5. Gen V
      • ???
      • ???

I pulled some rankings from PGL's most desired and Pokécheck's most deposited rankings to get an idea of what most players are looking for.

Key
    Strikeout - Cannot be done/cbf
    Red - Hard to do within time frame, but not impossible. Depends on the mon in question.
    Repeated - obvious

Pokémon Global Link Rankings

Spoiler:

Pokécheck Rankings

Spoiler:

Making emblems...I don't even... x___________x

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    I'm starting to think first place might be the wrong thing to call it. My idea before was to turn it into a probability game of sorts, but then I remember I suck at those, so no go. If we do something like a special prize, it'll just go out randomly to one person.

Participation Emblem - goes out to everyone. Duh!
    Lucky Emblem - goes out to a randomly chosen participant.

Keldeo could be good be a companion to the prize. I haven't picked up mine either. I have a few other wondercards I never collected; Jirachi, Mewtwo, Darkrai, Victini...I think. I'm wondering, if this is a shiny raffle, should the added prize be shiny too? Because if it should, then wondercard mons are out of the question. Unless they come as shiny already.

Usually I ask blade for emblem, but she's got her hands full with another event. :<

I've been meaning to start creating a CSS for all of this, but I can't seem to find the appropriate background. It's bugging me. Something shiny and sparkly, but not girly. If such a thing could exist. The closest I came to were fireworks. >.>

I <3 my siggy. Makes you feel all jiggly.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    I. Want. To. Hug. You!
    You have a flashcard! Yay! You should've told me you had one sooner. It could come in handy. I was planning on creating a new save file for the raffle: OT: PCX | ID: 00010. I'll progress as far as the daycare in Black so I'll be able to breed. I could send you the save file if you like?

The only way WonderCards can be shiny is if they are preset as shiny; like the Crown Beasts and Nobunaga's Rayquaza. It sucks. ;; We'll get to that special prize once the other ones are done.

I forgot to include this before. These are some of the mons I would recommend we work on, but feel free to make any suggestions.
    1. Gen I
      • Poliwag
      • Scyther
    2. Gen II
      • Larvitar
    3. Gen III
      • Bagon
      • Beldum
    4. Gen IV
      • Gible
      • Rotom
    5. Gen V
      • Litwick
      • Deino

I know you said you wanted to work on Charizard, but were you planning on breeding it with DW ability or it's regular ability?

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    You have a save dongle too? I. Love. You! I can export my save from black filled with the parents we need and all that good junk. From the ones I recommended, about 4-5 of them need to be bred, the rest can be caught. I was thinking of catching Metang, Deino, Litwick, and possibly Pupitar/Tyranitar in special balls. Like shiny Litwick in a Luxury Ball, shiny Deino in a Dusk Ball...stuff like that.

It is possible to RNG in B2W2, but I'm not too clear on the specifics. I think it's pretty much the same with a couple of tweaks here in there. There's nothing we really need to RNG in B2W2 besides maybe a legend found in there if we wanted to abuse for one. There's also a few good move tutors. Idk.

We don't need to worry about the SID. I picked one with 60606 just for kicks, but it doesn't really matter, unless you were trying to RNG your starter.

Every RNGer I know gets their parents from Pok?check. We won't be the first ones to do it. You can download one of Mat's or Roarke's or whoever you can find with legal parents.

Charmander is one of those few you can't breed for a DW ability. When Solar Power Charmander was released in Japan, it was released as a level 10 male. There are no female Charmanders with Solar Power who can pass the ability onto the egg. All of those baby Charmanders you see with Solar Power are the result of hacked moms. Gamefreak trolls don't like to give us nice things.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    I've successfully abused the ID. Took me two tries, damn timer0, but not bad for my first time. It shouldn't take me long to reach the first gym.

EDIT: I think I just made Pedro's, and ours, job easier. Which one do you think would look good for an emblem?
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    Ok, this took more time to prepare then I thought. I'm ashamed to say that when I started the game I grinded just a little bit. Old habits...

So between ADHD, my mom bugging me for something, stomach growling, and doing a little research, I finally finished it. The game has everything you need. Parents, items, bike...just stay away from trainers.

I don't know how well you'll do on this, but I'll give you an idea of what you could aim for when breeding.

Poliwag - Bred
    Ability: Swift Swim (DW)
    IVs: 31 / 30* / 31 / 30 / 31 / 31 [HP Grass 70]
    Moves: The father has Encore and Ice Ball, so it'll be passed along as an egg move.

Scyther - Bred (Paired with Adamant Ditto)
    Ability: Technician
    IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / x / 31 / 31
    Moves: N/A

Larvitar - Bred or Caught (Bred with Adamant Ditto)
    Ability: Guts

Bagon - Bred (Paired with Modest Ditto)
    Ability: Rock Head
    IVs: 30 / 30* / 30 / 30 / 30 / 31 [HP Flying 70]
    Moves: The father has Hydro Pump.

Beldum - Bred or Caught (Bred with Adamant Ditto | Caught in Luxury Ball)
    Ability: Clear Body

Gible - Bred (Bred with Jolly Ditto)
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Sand Veil

Litwick - Caught (Inside a Luxury Ball)
    Ability: Flash Fire
    IVs: 31 / x / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31

Deino - Caught (Inside a Dusk Ball)
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Hustle
    IVs: 31 / x / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31

Anything in Lime = Easy
    Anything in Orange = Pesky
    Anything in Red = OMG I GONNA CUT YOUR NUTS OFF AND FEED THEM TO YOU!
    *Doesn't need to be 30. So long as it has it's assigned hidden power and a base power of 70.

I set this up according to difficulty for someone new to RNG. Anything that says caught, or has the option for it, I'll be doing it or willing to do it. If you want to give RNG catching a try, I'd recommend Litwick. It's the easiest thing.

I'm not sure if you still want to give Charmander. I added it anyways, just in case. I don't know what would be useful for it without Solar Power.

Last edited:

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    All the parents are lined up with each other. The mons on the lower right corner are utility mons. They'll make life and RNGing easier. Let me know which ones you get done. If you find that something is too difficult, I can take care of it.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    So I forgot something important. Talk to the Day-Care Man. -.- He was all the way in Nimbasa. I talked to him and got a second bike I think. Fixed.

Last edited:

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    I bred Bagon. I can breed Poliwag, or anything else you think you might not be able to do. Let me know if you have any problems.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    Speed Trading
    Trick or Treat
    (Coming Soon?)
    This is just a rough draft people. I was thinking of doing another Speed Trade, but with a Halloween theme. Things will be a little different from other Speed Trades. Namely, people will have the option to trade at least two Pokémon: a "Trick Pokémon" and a "Treat Pokémon". You can have more than 1 Trick Pokémon or Treat Pokémon. These Pokémon can be whatever you'd like. They can be a poorly bred Pokémon, or a really rare Pokémon. Just make sure that they match the theme of Trick or Treat. Traders will decide if she/he wants to give a trick or a treat to their recipient. This time around you will not be trading other people's Pokémon from which you received through the event itself. You will only be trading your own Pokémon. Also, there will not be a Pokémon prize for this event, but I do have three emblems in mind: a participation emblem, an emblem for whoever receives the most treats, and an emblem for whoever receives the most tricks. Questions?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    I guess the CSS theme should be something shiny related. Idk what though.

Eevee, how would we go about breeding it? My main concern is the ability. Because Eevee has seven evolutions, there are many different possibilities. The Eeveelutions that benefit from Dream World abilities are; Espeon, Vaporeon*, Glaceon*, and Leafeon*.

In terms of use; Flareon, Leafeon, and Glaceon aren't that popular. Although, Glaceon does get some usage, not much though, in VGC tournaments.

So what it comes down to is usage of eeveelution and ability. From there we can determine a common nature and spread.

Most usage: 4/7 Eeveelutions
    Total who benefit from DW ability: 4/7 Eeveelutions
    Usage + DW ability: 3/7 Eeveelutions

* While Vaporeon, Glaceon, and Leafeon can get some use from their DW abilities, their regular abilities get more or less the same usage as their DW counterparts.

It's 50/50 for me. Any opinion on it?

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    HOLY CRAP! This CSS took longer than I thought it would.

You've been more help than you think you have. Don't worry about. We've got this week for RNG. I'm throwing capture abuse out the door. Too difficult to find a seed with this ID/SID combo. Just sticking with breeding.

I had to replace Poliwag with Vulpix. Nica asked to use it for another event. If you look, I've add 3 mystery mons. I'll tell you about it in a PM.

I like Pedro's banner, but I think it might be to big for the CSS and it doesn't quite the mons we have or their shininess.

Last edited:

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    Mk, so only mon that I've done is Bagon. That is depressing. I need to catch up. ;;

Tonight, I've been collecting entry fees. I've done 5, I'm gonna do 1 more and then head to bed. It's late and I've got class tomorrow. If you can, I would collect everyone else's entries. Umm...for tickets I've been doing something special. Take a look at their seat numbers.

Tier 0

I came up with this to categorize the participants into groups or tiers. Just like the way we'll draw up everyone's prizes (0-9) we'll let a random generator choose which tier will place gold/silver/bronze.

So lets say Tier 0 are the ones who win. How do we determine who get's what place? Well, repeat the process. Generate 3 random numbers from 0-5, and you'll get 3rd place.

Repeat the process with 2nd place, but this time draw 2 numbers from whatever 3 numbers are left. In this example: 3, 4, and 5 are left.

Those came in 2nd place. So whatever raffle number is left (034) is 1st place.

Do you get it or was that too convoluted? If it's too confusing I can handle the raffle tickets.

Last edited:

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    tl;dr U GRab pEEpOS poGEYmans. me GIVE PApER! ugh...i'm so out of it. i need a vacay.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    We're seriously behind. I've collected almost everyone's entry fees, with the exception of a few, and I've RNG'd: Bagon, Beldum, Larvitar, and Gible. I need some help here.

EDIT: Finished Deino. Working on Litwick.
    EDIT 2: Finished Litwick. I'll try Rotom now.

EDIT 3: I'm exhausted. I'll pick back up where I left off with Rotom after I get some sleep. See if you can try to collect everyone's entries before 3:00PM eastern time. If you can't, just start handing these out. They signed up during the week, so they can still take part in it.
    Spoiler:

Vaporeon already has his ticket. We'll draw the winners together in irc.

Possible sets for Eevee, Vulpix, Rotom, and Axew.

Vulpix
    Modest
    Drought
    31/x/30/31/31/31 (HP Ice 70)

Eevee
    Modest
    Anticipation
    31/x/31/30/31/31 (HP Grass 70)

Rotom
    Modest
    31/x/30/31/31/31 (HP Ice 70)

Axew