• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Shiny Pokemon! Rarity?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

|Torch|

Fire Trainer!
Years
  • Hello again,

I was curious me and my friend are playing the black/white versions and still working through the game..

Are shinys that rare that i might never see one after i visit all the towns in Unova? or.. should i be able to at least see one?

In Addition to that.. Have you guys seen a shiny pokemon in Black/White yet? in the *English* versioN? or is it going to take years to find.. -_-

*Bonus-Q*

What is the Ratio for shiny pokemon?!

Lol sorry for all the questions just was kinda getting nervous that i might have overlooked one of them in the wild! :disappoin

From Torch

Last edited:

Zowayix

hi
    Years
  • Shinys have a 1/8192 chance of being encountered, which is rare enough that you might not see one for years, unless you're actively looking for them.

Once you find one, you won't miss it though, as it is a different color and has a very distinct sparkle sound when encountered.

Years
  • I have never seen a shiny in an actual game. ROMs, yes. But none on an actual game.. Which is rather disappointing, since I've easily put in 500+ hours on Pokemon over the years.

I'm unsure of the exact numbers, but apparently if you breed with a Pokemon from another region (like a Japanese Ditto), you have double the chance of getting a shiny.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I've never ever seen a shiny. I've played seven different Pokemon games.

Yeah, it's rare.

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
    Years
  • you can also breed by using a international pokemon with a pokemon in your game to get a shiny in a rate of 1\2048 [gen iv] or 1\1336 [gen V]

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2016
    I've played all of the pokemon games. The first time I've ever seen a shiny was in pokemon platinum when I was hunting for them. It was a shiny smeargle. After that I was OBSESSED with shiny pokemon. c:

Basculin

Dragonite Fan
    Years
  • I've played all pokemon games starting with Emerald/Sapphire and have YET to see a shiny. I actually just traded for my very first shiny, an absol.

fire woven

Erif Nevow, my RP name
    Years
  • I have not seen a shiney in the wild personally, but my freind has seen two. I was there when he got his shiney Ditto in LG, and he has a shiney Medicam which he says he caught in Mt. Coronet in his Pearl.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Again, any questions you may have please ask in our Simple Questions sticky. But I'll go ahead and put the lock on this since your questions have been answered.

Closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back