• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Shiny Steelix Question

Milotic_King

Beauty redefined
    Years
    OK so on my way home I was training a massive amount with my Glaceon holding an Exp. Share and using Meganium as the Pokemon to get Glaceon the experience. While doing this, [luckily I'm not totally lathargic while training] I noticed a GOLD Steelix and I saw the coveted and much sought after ring of stars appear from the center of it after it's 'battle cry'.

I used a Master Ball I'd been saving, [I can get more] and I caught it. Remember, this was in a cave, not in the grass using the Pokeradar.

I just wanted to know if this is extremely rare, really rare, or whatever. I also kind of want to know a 'net worth' of the Steelix.

Here's all of the information people usually seek about a Pokemon:

It has no experience towards it's next level, it's UT in every way. Caught with Master Ball, though.

Timid nature.
    Jul. 25, 2008
    Victory Road
    Met at Lv. 46.

Quick to flee.
    Likes sweet food.

Attack - 74
    Defense - 192
    Sp. Atk - 62
    Sp. Def - 76
    Speed - 49

Ability | Sturdy
    The Pokemon is protected against 1-hit KO attacks.

-Dragonbreath
    -Iron Tail
    -Crunch
    -Double Edge

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2010
    Yea, its pretty rare, congratulations. Its net worth, I can't really say 'cause I don't know.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    Well here are your Pokemon's IV's, I wasn't able to calculate HP because you didn't give me the number:

Atk: 1 (Very Bad)
    Def: 8 (Bad)
    SpAtk: 16 (Average)
    SpDef: 26 (Very Good)
    Spd: 29 (Very Good)

So as you can see, these aren't very good stats. Steelix is not the greatest Pokemon in general, since its base stats say that it should be a Defensive Wall but its typing says otherwise. Plus Timid is not the preferred nature for a Steelix.

I'm sorry to say, but other than for a collection, the Steelix isn't as valuable as it could be. It is still a shiny, which makes it very valuable despite stats, but you'll probably only be able to get other mediocre shinies or events for it.

POKEMASTERALEX

Pokemon Master.
    Years
    on the bright side, it looks like this is your first shiny? congrats, that in itself is a milestone in pokemon

Milotic_King

Beauty redefined
    Years
    Heh, yes it is my first shiny! And by accident, too! AND without a Pokeradar! How lucky is that? ^_^

I'm going to the trade forums to see what I can get for it. :P

Darklugia

Resident poor person
    Years
    Heh, yes it is my first shiny! And by accident, too! AND without a Pokeradar! How lucky is that? ^_^

I'm going to the trade forums to see what I can get for it. :P

Looking at it's stats, I don't think you'll get much for it. Like the use a few posts above me said, I think you'll get another average/under-average shiny pokemon for it. Good luck though. Congrats on your first shiny catch.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    *Yes it is rare, as are all shinies. Since it was not caught via pokeradar it could be percieved as being rarer and hence more valuable, but at the end of the day a shiny is a shiny and as such you will probably only get a single shiny in return unless you find someone looking specifically for it. Bad nature and IVs count against it too

Congrats on your first shiny though, make sure to leave it UT to maximise its value.

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
    I highly doubt you'll get much for it considering it's nature and IVs. Plus, randomly finding shinies isn't all that rare. It's rare, but not unheard by any means. I personally have found 5 shinies randomly, so they do just pop up on a fairly regular basis.

Nevertheless, congrats on your first shiny.

Back