• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Trapinch Search - Day 1... 2... 3... 4... U-U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2009
    The Search Begins! - Day 1

Seen:

Trapinch - 127
    Sandshrew - 108
    Baltoy - 35
    Cacnea - 113

Diary:

Realised I Don't Like Sandshrew. Their Ablity Gives It High Evasion - Plus Sand Attack Which Means You Can't Touch The Lil Buggers... Met Latias Today During Search. Managed To Take Chunk Out Of Its Life. Failed To Catch It Due To Lack Of Piffelumps - Er, I Mean A Wobbufet In My Party. Caught A Baltoy. I Needed One Of Them. Caught Three Trapinch Though Skittyness - Quick Reation - "ITS SHINY!!! *lob balls* No, Wait.. It Wasn't..." Mmmm....

Gonna Get It Today! - Day 2​

Seen:

Trapinch - 278
    Baltoy - 61
    Sandshrew - 207
    Cacnea - 187

Diary:

I Think I'm Going Mad.
    I've Realised My Purpose Of Life Today... To Wipe Sandshrew From The Earth! HAHA! *sets Kaylan (level 80 Blaziken) loose on them* BURN SANDSHREW! BURN!!!!

Sandshrew: :dead:

I Wonder If Sandslash Are Quite As Evil...
    The Trapinch With The Ability 'ARENA TRAP' Are Very Annoying. I Have Decided Leveling Up In The Desert Is A Waste Of Time And Now Run From Everything I See. WHY??? U-U You Can't Run From Them, But If You Use One With That Ability Against Latias, IT FLEES! *pointless*

Oh Come ON Already! - Day 3

Seen:

Couldn't Be Bothered To Record That...

Diary:

Why Have I Not Caught A Cacnea Yet? *catches one* O.o
    I Wonder How Many Levels Ying Yang The Marril Has Gone Up By... I Left Him In Day Care...
    Why?
    O.O'
    *brain breaks*

DEATH TO THE SANDSHREW!!! - Day 4

Seen:

Too Many Sandshrew...
    Not Enough Shinies...

Diary:

What Colour Is A Shiny Trapinch Anyways? o.o

I Give Up U_______U' - Day 5

Seen:

My Horrible Grizzly Demise In The Desert...

Diary:

You Know, I Think That Somebody Has Planted Cameras On Me... Like A Survivors TV Show... They Are All Around Me! HELP HELP! WHERE IS THE EXIT!!! :dead: WHY IS THERE THAT ARROW THROUGH MY HEAD! *pulls out* Much Better...

Last edited:

AzureFlygon

Master of all Shiny's!
    Years
  • Ah, so you're looking for a shiny trapinch as well. KILL THE SANDSHREW!!!!!!

yes. I've been looking for over seventy-five hours now... not one shiny in any species. I think they may be harder to find in Ruby, or something like that. I've lost track of how many I see in anything... not that I keep track anyway.

Good luck...

Years
  • I saw a shiny one when I was walking to the fossils.... I ran from it, I no im an idiot.
    Sandslash is my best and Yes there just as evil :rambo:

Firequill

Digital Artist
    Years
  • I usually come across shinies when i least expect it. And the reason that it is so hard to find them (and latias and latios) I have discovered (and being it isnt based on scientific evidence, it probably is true) is because they have Huma-dex's, like pokedex but instead keeps track of humans so they can avoid you and drive any and all sanity out of you!!! MADNESS, SHEER MADNESS!

*ahem, well i only have 3 shinies myself, even if one of them is the red Gyarados... i have a shiny light green tangela and a red Mawile

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
  • Um...I think this is spam to tell the truth...but i still think this maybe should go in Role Play...but you shoulda said right out that you need to get a shiny Trapinch!

Arore

I Like to Kill Things
    Years
  • LOL, well, at least you tried. :laugh: Evil Sandshre! GYAHHH! *glomps* They are just as bad as Zubat in Mount Moon in the R/B games! *shudders at bad memories of blowing stack at seeing too many Zubats and not enough Clefairies*

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2009
    =p

S'not An RPG, Tis Real. I Just Like Presenting My Crap In An A Funny WAy...

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2009
    :p

Cheater ?_? I Want To Do It RIGHT! ^-^

I Have A GSC/RBY Action Replay... It Killed Me :P

I Had A Code That Made All Pokemon You Find Shinies... Cept It Expolded my game and the background was just black and red and purple... If I Pressed (A) The Game Hung And If I Pressed (B) It Reset. If I Opened The Menu, The Background Came Back, But When I Took The Menu away, It Went Too...

O.o Freaky

IceKitten

Sneasel! Ice Beam!
    Years
  • I'll join teh Shiny search, of any Pok?mon:P

wait.....that only includes teh 111 pok?s ^_^

Or just shiny Trapinch (without using cheats)

btw bait and retreat pokemon in E4, that way u'll get their evo's quicker ^_^

Arore

I Like to Kill Things
    Years
  • latios tamer said:
    are shinies more powerfull then there regular counterparts

Shinies are exactly the same, only they are different colors and a thousand times rarer than their counterparts.

Hikaru's Twin

Clinging to Mrs. Christie
    Years
  • Swampling said:
    What Colour Is A Shiny Trapinch Anyways? o.o

Well, since no one else seems to have answered this, a Shiny Trapinch is a Teal colour..

To add my opinion though, you're better off not looking for a Shiny Trapinch at all, the chances of finding one are completely random, so if i was you i'd just go off and do something else in the game and next time you visit the desert you might just be lucky...

IceKitten

Sneasel! Ice Beam!
    Years
  • Hikaru's Twin said:
    Well, since no one else seems to have answered this, a Shiny Trapinch is a Teal colour..

To add my opinion though, you're better off not looking for a Shiny Trapinch at all, the chances of finding one are completely random, so if i was you i'd just go off and do something else in the game and next time you visit the desert you might just be lucky...
    Right! thats y I gave up and got my Cacturne and Metagross 2 lv. 100:D

Arore

I Like to Kill Things
    Years
  • DragonTrainer said:
    Actually, I believe that was only in g/s/c, I'm not sure though
    Goodness, someone's been lying to me about shinies all along! Help, I've been brainwashed into thinking the idiotic! :confused:

stewie&rupert

the evil Senior Member
    Years
  • a few days ago i joined the search for the shiny trapinch but i came across a shiny cacnea. i absolutly love it. its desert brown. still havnt found any shiney trapinch though, d_mn you,sandshrew their everywhere!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back