• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen shiny?

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    Unless you use the Pokeradar Chaining Guide (In the FAQ), it is an 1/8192 chance of finding one. But the easiest way to try to get one is using the Pokeradar to chain.

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    Just a warning:

Don't give up the first time you try to chain. It's really difficult the first time, but gets easier with practise. The first time I chained, I could only get up to about 4! xP
    So don't give up. Remember; there's nothing more rewarding than catching your first shiny!

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    Well it is possible for a Shiny bush to appear before 40, it's just that the chances are much lower.
    Even if you never get to 40(which you probably would eventually if you tried), then keep trying and maybe your luck will kick in early :3

And chain something with a higher appearance rate, just to keep things simple.

Light Azelf

See the light.
    Years
    As aforementioned by dialga493, there is a 1/8192 chance of a shiny occurring doing it regularly.

However, like classicrockfan mentioned, the guide here would be of some use if you're utilizing the PokeRadar.

Years
    use pokeradar gives it more chance but u have to chain

unless ur lukey and want to go for 1/8192 chance?

p.s. pokradar the best i use it so often

~*Champion Shirona*~

砞砟砠砠촼촕촂吏
    Years
    Oh wow. I never knew about chaining =p. I found a golden Geodude in Mt.Coronet yesterday, i am determined to get more shiny pokemon. Exactly how does chaining work?

Is it like this, when you use a Pokeradar some grass move and you get to the moving grass and get into a battle .After you BEAT the pokemon, more grass moves and you keep reaching the grass and beating the Pokemon that resides within the grass. Is that it?

Back