• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Yes. A ship should have a 'balance of feelings' between two subjects. This is what we *mainly* debate. For example, the Chowder/Panini (1) ship in the show "Chowder" has a major imbalance- Panini loves the s*** out of Chowder, yet Chowder calls in the calvary to fend her off like she's a terrorist. We somewhat see this in Lagomorphshipping, however the scale is balancing out. We never saw a balancne of the scales with Pokéshipping, but we never saw a massive imbalance- instead of the boy being a chunk of lead, or a smaller piece of rubidium decaying into hydrogen gas, as in the last two cases, Ash was decaying lithium.
    *NOTE: The girls in said cases were helium.
    *SECOND NOTE: Chemistry class would help you get my comparisons.

(1) For future ref, I'll refer to this as Marzipanshipping.

But she always catches him. Always. Except at the ends of episodes usually. On topic though, I agree with chemical comparison and I'm grateful that I'm taking chemistry or else I wouldn't be able to understand one word you said.

Lukespade said:
    I dont know wat all these different types of shippin are but i gotta atleast say 1 thin. canonconically... NOTHING EVER HAPPENS BETWEEN ASH AND MAY OR DAWN AND ASH. ITS ONLY MISTY AND ASH EVN IF IT IS SORT OF ONE SIDED. now i can see drew and may. i dont know about dawn. i havnt really watched much of dawn but it seems more like a aprrentice to master relationship there or mabye mentor to mentee would be a better wrd.

CAPITAL LETTERS AREN'T FUN TO READ.

Anyway, I would see Satoshi and Haruka as a teacher/student relationship and Satoshi and Hikari as more of close friends. Satoshi and Kasumi more like brother/sister to me. I mean seriously, they bicker like brother and sister but always make up in the end like brother and sister. These days when you see them, they don't even argue that much with eachother anymore.

So that's why I don't see Satoshi and Kasumi working; too much brother/sister relationship to me. I would see Satoshi and Karuka or Hikari work out more because they would actually continue to travel to become Top Coordinators. Unlike Kasumi who has to stay in the gym for long periods of time because she is a Gym Leader. Of course, this is only if he were to get with one of the three main character girls.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Anyway, I would see Satoshi and Haruka as a teacher/student relationship

That's exactly how I viewd them as, but I don't know why they dropped it in the anime. It would've worked really well.

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
    The thing about Dawn is she seems so much more little kid-ish than even Ash did starting out. While I think Pengiunshipping works better than anything else with Dawn, I still don't think she and Kenny are ready for a relationship. I think she's a less likely candidate for Ash than even May.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    For all I know, that-shipping-with-the-fugly-green-hair-kid could be cannon now. I doubt she would see Ash unless she is delayed and Dawn attempts at the Jotho contests or something. But very unlikely with how generations go.

And she went after Drew.
    (she will come back to ash or i die)

Should I pay for your funeral in cash or credit?

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Shedinjareese said:
    The thing about Dawn is she seems so much more little kid-ish than even Ash did starting out.

Yeah, she hasn't been the same since her debut. I really liked her in the early DP episodes.

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
    Hmmm, I always thought Satoshi and Kasumi works best. There were many hints from her side....but since she's away, it cannot happen...
    I'd say in the series, no shipping is really likely to happen...I don't think they will ever add a SatoshiXwhoever shipping...If it happens, then it'll happen at the end of the series (in case there will be one...)
    Still I like Pokeshipping best...I meanKasumi was the one he started his journey with...that's kinda special...
    Takeshi and Satoshi would be funny, but I don't see any gay-hints...
    A few days ago I read a doshinji about SatoshixPikachu XD. It was weird but funny^^

I support rocketshipping the most. It's funny to think about them being in love (secretly I'd guess)

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Thanks for reminding me! What a shipping moment that was! And Ash didn't get it! The look on his face was hilarious too.

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
    What about Brock's line when he first met up with Ash in Sinnoh?

Is it proofed that it's not dub-only or something?
    However, why not? Would be a funny couple...Boys-love in Pokemon^^ definitely interesting.
    But why is Takeshi so much after girls then? Cuz he's be? Because of adolescent confusion? Or because he wants to hide his homosexuality? (This would make an interesting ff)
    And in Ash's case...well he doesn't seem to be in love with somebody yet...or he wanna hide it.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    I think it's same in the original as well. Yeah, it's always a question if Brock is bi or not. There are a lot of instances where you wonder what he likes in human relationships. And Ash is just clueless.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Takeshi and Satoshi would be funny, but I don't see any gay-hints...

The fact that he's always stalking Ash wherever he goes XD And in Orange Islands he couldn't bare to be away from him and had to come back XDD Prof Ivy who?

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Ash and Brock? No way.

Now I would understand if there was a homosexual joke put in between the two but for a serious relationship? Brock would be either Mentally poisoned or Bisexual, and no writer ever wants to put Bisexuality. It would be... franchise-murder.

Gelly

Don't eat me!
    Years
    Brock and Ash, i don't think so... Because Brock is always after girls, even if Ash fells that way for Brock, i really don't believe it.

With Ash i just support PalletShipping, because is that big rivality about the two, and i just think that the would be really cute together.

PalletShipping forever!

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
    Hmm, I still don't see Ash with another guy. I'm not against guy-guy relationships but none of them seem right for him. Despite being a Pokeshipper, I don't see Ash with anybody for a long time. A major shift would have to occur for him to think of anything besides pokemon. In that way, maybe I ship Ash-PokemonAsAGeneralIdea.

Years
    It is quite hard for Ash to think about something else besides Pokemon. But we still think of the day that he will (or wish he will) grow up a bit.

*3 weeks late*
    Yay Natsushipping! "We're outlaws sempai!" >:D
    No really though. We're not forcing anyone to change, we'll just say what we want and if people catch on, fine. If not, ..nyeh.

Lukespade

Poke'mon Author
    Years
    It is quite hard for Ash to think about something else besides Pokemon. But we still think of the day that he will (or wish he will) grow up a bit.

*3 weeks late*
    Yay Natsushipping! "We're outlaws sempai!" >:D
    No really though. We're not forcing anyone to change, we'll just say what we want and if people catch on, fine. If not, ..nyeh.

i agree. ash has always been like that. even on the episode where misty left and he suppposedly expressed his feelings to her. wen i was a kid i didnt see it. i watched it again wen just a few weeks ago (now im 17) and i still didn't see any slice of evidence that ash evn thnks in the way of love or anytin but pokemon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back