• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    AdvanceMapper said:
    ...you'd only had a few minutes at a time.

Yeah, which means you'll have a relentless cycle of going up to the surface and back down. Overall it's pretty stupid.

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012
    Why do people make the assumption that offspring of any two characters will become either like a clone of one parent or become an amalgam of both? It's repulse. Exercise a little imagination.

What about debating main nevermet main character ships (which includes full-region rivals)? Drew/Dawn, Misty/Dawn, Harley/Nando, May/Kenny, Max/Zoey, Paul/May, etc? Or can it not be "debated" because there's no evidence to debate with? Well that's no good. Work with what you know about them instead. ...And no, saying that "it's gay so it won't happen" isn't a winning reply. They haven't met; that's why it won't happen.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
    Why do people make the assumption that offspring of any two characters will become either like a clone of one parent or become an amalgam of both? It's repulse. Exercise a little imagination.

What about debating main nevermet main character ships (which includes full-region rivals)? Drew/Dawn, Misty/Dawn, Harley/Nando, May/Kenny, Max/Zoey, Paul/May, etc? Or can it not be "debated" because there's no evidence to debate with? Well that's no good. Work with what you know about them instead. ...And no, saying that "it's gay so it won't happen" isn't a winning reply. They haven't met; that's why it won't happen.

I guess I've got to agree with you. What if Drew and May have a kid and that kid turns out to be the roughest toughest battler out there. On the other hand, Ash and Misty could have a kid and that kid turns out to be a breeder? Maybe Brock's kid will be gay... no. That's just not possible. Atleast if Brock had a boy. That boy would tkae after his father and be obsessed with women to. However, if Brock had a girl, would that girl be the opposite of Brock and be obsessed with guys? Or would she see Brock going all ga ga over girls and become lesbian? This "imagination" your talking about is pretty crazy. =P

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012
    I guess I've got to agree with you. What if Drew and May have a kid and that kid turns out to be the roughest toughest battler out there. On the other hand, Ash and Misty could have a kid and that kid turns out to be a breeder? Maybe Brock's kid will be gay... no. That's just not possible. Atleast if Brock had a boy. That boy would tkae after his father and be obsessed with women to. However, if Brock had a girl, would that girl be the opposite of Brock and be obsessed with guys? Or would she see Brock going all ga ga over girls and become lesbian? This "imagination" your talking about is pretty crazy. =P
    It's the imagination that makes you look smarter than simply borrowing from someone else to lop all your hopes on. Giving Ash and Misty's kid a Pichu and a Azurill is practically stating: this child will have no future that hasn't already been done before. Give the kid the Squirtle Ash wanted originally and maybe it could be what Ash's life /could/ have been, but that's lazy and you might as well write an AU. Give the kid a pet that turns into his first pokémon, like a Houndour, and then we're talkin' creative starts.

And let's think about Brock's offspring. Say he had a son. Are you telling me Brock would have finally settled down to have this kid? Or are you saying Brock's love-of-women finally produced an illegitimate child he might not know about? What if the mother taught the boy better, taught him to be more civil and less stupid around the opposite sex? You also need to consider why Brock is all over women to begin with (kids to care for, a gym to run, probably no social life, likely no "relief"), and likely it won't bleed to any child to be some horrible, lust-ridden person that turns his sons to morons and his girls to whores.

Give Daisy a daughter and yes, that child could turn out like her mother, if she spoils them and does the whole Pageant Show Mother routine, where a daughter would know of nothing else but being spoiled.

The anime itself provides two examples of parental influences going their way and not their way. May's the daughter of a Gym Leader, but she's not into battling. Even being surrounded by pokémon for possibly a good chunk of her life, she still starts us off with her not liking them at all. Then she does. Does she battle like her father? Nope. She does contests. Nothing like the parents.

Dawn's the opposite. Johanna was a coordinator, a champion-winning coordinator; Dawn's enthrall by the idea of it to the extreme, as we first saw with her. That hasn't changed.

Children have distinct personalities. They won't have the same fears their parents do, they won't have the same skills their parents do, they won't always act like their parents do. That's what an imagination will get you: variety. W00t. Love the imagination. Love being creative. Don't love the carbon copies.

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
    And let's think about Brock's offspring.

OK, so I KNOW this would never happen in the anime, but for some reason, maybe because of the Ivy Fiasco, I can picture Brock thinking he was in a serious relationship and finally settling down and having a kid, but then the mother leaves him (because of immaturity?). I can picture him with a son and still being like, "This is the way to impress the ladies!" Sounds like a movie plot, where the dad is trying to pass on his wisdom, even though he's the one that needs it too...

Of course, the son would think it was all good fun at first, but then in teenage years become embarassed of his dad (if Brock hasn't met his "soul mate" or whatever yet), and then when he grows older feeling sorry for his dad.

However, if he has a daughter, I picture Brock pining away for the woman who left him. Dunno why.

Jmath

*blank*
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2011
    However, if he has a daughter, I picture Brock pining away for the woman who left him. Dunno why.
    If Brock gets a daughter, I see her taking the role of Max and Misty, assuming its just the two of them living together.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Okay, so after the last episode aired, I started to think about Takeshi and Nozomi as a couple because of their dullness. So does anyone have any opinions regarding this?

Jmath

*blank*
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2011
    Okay, so after the last episode aired, I started to think about Takeshi and Nozomi as a couple because of their dullness. So does anyone have any opinions regarding this?
    *shudder* Just thinking about them together creeps me out......

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Brock deserves better. Anyone that ends up with Zoey would end up punching her, I'm sure XD

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Brock deserves better. Anyone that ends up with Zoey would end up punching her, I'm sure XD

Brock and Zoey?

They would make the most freakin kawaii pair I've ever seen.

And Sammy is right, Zoey is all he will probably have a chance at.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
    Brock and Zoey?

They would make the most freakin kawaii pair I've ever seen.

And Sammy is right, Zoey is all he will probably have a chance at.

I fail to see why Brock would have a chance with Zoey. Did they have a shippy moment or somtin? Plus, Brock hasn't ever shown his crazy affection for Zoey.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    I remember that episode. It was in the Johto series right? I just remember she had big greenish blue hair and she was all over him and for some reason he wasn't all over her.

Yeah, it was the worst choice he ever chose. That's why he should go with Nozomi, he's a housewife ane she's over powering. I mean, look at what she does to Hikari, she's practically abusing her.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
    Yeah, it was the worst choice he ever chose. That's why he should go with Nozomi, he's a housewife ane she's over powering. I mean, look at what she does to Hikari, she's practically abusing her.

lol I guess so. then again, Dawn just seems spineless when she's around. I would really like to see Zoey be yelling at her for something (even though she's trying to help) and Dawn suddenly burst out.

"Shut up you *****! Every time you see me you just lecture me on contests as if you are so much better then me. Go to hell you mother ****ing whore!"

Not that they'd EVER say that on Pokemon. But I would think its funny to see Dawn blow up.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Aww no, poor Brock...no way. I would feel so sorry for him and I'm not even a fan of him. I would say that breeder girl from the tag battle episode, but I'm starting to think she's never going to appear again.

I don't know anyone horrible or annoying enough in the anime to pair off Zoey with, though. Perhaps Richie.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
    Aww no, poor Brock...no way. I would feel so sorry for him and I'm not even a fan of him. I would say that breeder girl from the tag battle episode, but I'm starting to think she's never going to appear again.

I don't know anyone horrible or annoying enough in the anime to pair off Zoey with, though. Perhaps Richie.

richie is long gone. Zoey doesn't seem like the kind of person who would get paired up. she's essentially the female version of drew and the only reason there was so much speculation on may and drew is because its a boy girl relationship. so unless both zoey and dawn are lesbians, I really dont thnk she'll get paired.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back