• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Har D Har

Master Mapper Supreme!
    Years
    Hey! What about Rocketshipping! We TRUE Rocketshippers know that one day, they will be wed and have a/some kid/s. And no, James is, NOT FREAKIN' GAY! I mean seoriocsly, there are WAY more hints in Rocketshipping than in Pokeshipping! It is only one sided, oh wait, I forgot about the one episode where Ash got jealous of the guy Misty fell for. Though there are more Pokeshipping 'hints' from misty than the number of Rocketshipping hints, we have 1 hint from Ash and 264 from Misty, and about an even number of hints from BOTH Jessie and James. Shipping is a MUTUAL feeling, as in near equal in hints. Oh, and don't forget the Epilouge of the final that one pokemon manga! They were MARRIED, and Jessie was PREGNANT!

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    After watching lots of the advanced episodes I'm now a Pokeshipper, Contestshipper and a Rocketshipper.

Years
    Whats Pikachu x Togepi? Isn't it Kawaiishipping, or something? I just wanted to know.

And what do you people like more- Orangeshippping or Replacementshipping?

Years
    Just to clarify, but the Manga and Anime have completely different storylines, so please don't intertwine those two...

gs135790 said:
    Whats Pikachu x Togepi? Isn't it Kawaiishipping, or something? I just wanted to know.
    Yes, Pikachu and Togepi together is kawaiishipping, though it's hard to imagine anymore since Togepi sorta evolved...

gs135790 said:
    And what do you people like more- Orangeshippping or Replacementshipping?
    I would think that orangeshipping has a lot more support than replacementshipping. Just my opinion.

Oh, and go Hamtaro. (I wonder why gs135790 posted that Hamtaro: Rainbow Rescue pic since Bijou, Pashmina, and Stan are about to get sucked in a whirlpool; yes, I own the game...)

*wonders why I keep posting in this accursed thread...*

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2006
    I've seen quite a few episodes from Advanced and to me it seems there's more evidence of advance rather then contest. There's more of a rivalry between Drew and May then any hint of a relationship. Yes, I realize their supposed to be rivals but stay with me. Even watching the grand festival, the two have a somewhat friendly rivalry, nothing more. To be honest, although I prefer Advanceshipping, I don't mind Contestshipping if May doesn't end up with Ash. But I guess we';; see how it goes, right? :>

Last edited:

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    I'm a total Advanceshipper(I don't really believe in the mean-to-each-other-to-hide-true-feelings thing). May and Ash have ALOT in common, and I think they have a strong chance in being together in the end.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    Arin1 said:
    I've seen quite a few episodes from Advanced and to me it seems there's more evidence of advance rather then contest. There's more of a rivalry between Drew and May then any hint of a relationship. Yes, I realize their supposed to be rivals but stay with me. Even watching the grand festival, the two have a somewhat friendly rivalry, nothing more. To be honest, although I prefer Advanceshipping, I don't mind Contestshipping if May doesn't end up with Ash. But I guess we';; see how it goes, right? :>

Eh? To me, there's always seemed to be more hints at Contestshipping in the anime. o.o There was like that one episode with that Ash & May tag battle that kinda seemed a bit on the hinty side, but I don't see how all of the Ash and May hints can override the rather serious interactions between May and Drew, the roses, the Wynaut episode, the episode yet to air with that girl who's crushing on Drew and thinks that May likes him (though, that was only the girl's opinion), etc.

Perhaps it's just opinion, but that just seems to be what I've noticed. Ash and May have their own set of hints of course, but the things that Ash does with May never seemed to be anything different from what he does with other girls, ot even with other boys.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2011
    sure contestshipping might have the roses, blushs, and the stronger hints. But advanceshipping has the ever growing, stronger relationship building to it. uhhhh wait, did I chang my mind about the shippings??

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2006
    I guess we'll see eventually.:> It makes me wonder how long they plan to continue the series.....

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    You are right, May does spend more free time with Ash. I will have to give you that one. Honestly I don't mind if she ends up with Ash or Drew, both of them make good matches for her. ^^

Yeah, we'll just have to wait and see I suppose.

BTW, I was watching Pokemon Chronicles last Saturday, and it was the one where Butch and Cassidy try to steal pokemon from Oak's lab. Well, at the end Oak makes up a poem, and it's all lovey-fluffy stuff, and the narrator says that Mrs. Ketchum thought the poem was meant for her. O.O; That's when my mom pointed to the screen and said "Aha! I knew it!". XD My mom's weird. But, seriously, I was wondering if that was dub-made or what? It's a pretty direct shipping hint if ya' ask me. >.>

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jun 30, 2007
    I have dumped my ways of MayXmax Shipping and now have supported these ships

AshxLatios = Latios Shipping
    MaxXJarichi = Jarichi Shipping
    MayXManaphy = Manaphy shipping
    RedXBlue =RBY shipping
    GoldXSilver = GSC Shipping
    RubyXSapphire = RSE Shipping

Skitty101

Crazed Advanceshipper!!
    Years
    Ah, the shipping debates thread...*smirk*

Well, I, an advanceshipper believe that one day that Ash and May will be together. (There are oh so cute hints in the 9th movie)

To me, I think that contestshipping is similar to pokeshipping in some ways.
    Well for one thing, Drew is just a minor character. And Misty has also become one, also. Sure, there have been some moments with Drew and May, but pfft who cares. Advanceshipping is more suitable to me. :classic:

And also I'd like to point out that I also support orangeshipping. :)

Years
    I don`t think any romance will ever happen in the anime, but if it does I think it`ll be between May and Ash
    Really? I think May/Drew is the first that could happen, then maybe Misty/Tracey...and if not that, I think maybe Misty/Ash...and also:
    Spoiler:

Eh, I still like May/Ash better than them with Drew/Misty.

mistywishmaker

such a thing as f o r e v e r
    Years
    Well for one thing, Drew is just a minor character. And Misty has also become one, also

...and May will soon be a minor character. :) So no more using THAT as an excuse. >__>
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 27, 2011
    Well, Johto has Contests now, and those Contests are what Haruka does, no Super Contests. Hence, she isn't going to Shinou. However, what's that supposed to do? Put a dent in Advanceshipping? No, true fans will stick to Advacneshipping, even if the worst comes to worse. I, for one, would think it'd be really sweet/cute if Satoshi-tachi somehow went to Johto to watch the Grand Festival, since the Leagues and Grand Festivals are within a few weeks or so of each other. Although transportation becomes a problem.. XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back