• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisG14

I'm back baby!
    Years
    Why isn't HikarixAsh shipping just called Jewelshipping? Like Diamond, Pearl, and whatever the third game is(probably Onyx or Platinum)? I think that would just be easier.

Years
    Why isn't HikarixAsh shipping just called Jewelshipping?
    1) Jewelshipping is already the name of a shipping.
    2) Someone named it already.
    3) Having more than one name for a shipping is pointless.
    4) Having more than one pairing for a shipping name gets extremely confusing.
    and, most importantly:
    5) Because it is called Pearlshipping.

Also, what do games have to do with Hikari & Ash?

ChrisG14

I'm back baby!
    Years
    1) Jewelshipping is already the name of a shipping.
    2) Someone named it already.
    3) Having more than one name for a shipping is pointless.
    4) Having more than one pairing for a shipping name gets extremely confusing.
    and, most importantly:
    5) Because it is called Pearlshipping.

Also, what do games have to do with Hikari & Ash?

I had no clue JewelShipping existed for obscure characters that 10 people care about :\
    No need to jump on me for it, I'm not really up to all the ]obscure crazy ships, geez.

Years
    I'm not jumping on you; all I did was give you the reasons why it isn't and never will be Jewelshipping. You asked a question, you shouldn't seem offended that someone answered :\

Kuri-Chan ♪

Crystal Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2008
    I don't like AdvancedShipping. =/ It may be because I'm a hardcore AshxMisty supporter all the way, and I refuse to see Ash with anyone else. He may have a crush on Dawn [Hikari], so I can live with PearlShipping, but I don't like AdvancedShipping. I prefer ContestShipping for May. She's way to girly in the dub, at least I think, for Ash.

PokeShipping... that's AshxMisty, or all couples in general?​

Years
    Pokeshipping is Ash & Misty.

I used to be an Advancedshipper, but now I'm not anymore, since Contestshipping seems better for May, and I don't really care what Ash does anymore, as long as he doesn't interfere with Misty & Tracey :D

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I'm actually fine with the thought of supporting more then one shipping with the same person. Like, I'm an avid Advanceshipper, Contestshipper, Pokeshipper, Pikashipper, and possibly a little bit of Respectshipper. But I can understand why people would get all upset about it.

Somebody up said something about May being to girly for Ash, well... yeah that's true. But that's also why I like it, it's not the same tough-girl thing for, plus May is kinda dependent on Ash for most of the time she's in the anime, so that makes even cuter in my eyes.

Years
    'Shipping' is the belief that two (or sometimes more) characters of the show will, are already in, or -in your opinion- should develop a relationship with one another. Hence the name 'shipping. People come up with names for them, ending in -shipping. Most don't make much sence, but they usually describe something about the couple. For example, Orangeshipping, which is Tracey ♥ Misty, is named because they met in the Orange Islands. Others, such as Conceitshipping(Gary ♥ Lily), are named because of the personality they share. Many also have no very obvious meaning behind them, like Summonshipping, Falkner ♥ Melody.

A few even have characters who are related in couples together, like Blackthornshipping (Clair & Lance, who are cousins) and Petalburgshipping (May & Max, brother/sister).

Pokemon can be in shippings too, either together, or with a human.

That's basically it. I'm tired of typing. xD

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    )_(

Wow... I come back, someone's already named HikariXAsh. Now, personally, I reject that particular ship because Ash is way older then her... she's just turned ten, he's almost fifteen, I believe. And there's also the fact that every new girl Ash meets is somehow a ship. Pokeshipping is fairly one-sided, since Ash is oblivious to Misty's fairly obvious crush on him, and Advanceshipping does show a little more action romantically on Ash's part, but ultimately fails to prove that Ash and May's bonds go any deeper then pure friendship. Come to think of it, I knew a girl like that once... er, nevermind. Personally, I think that if Ash does fall for anyone, it'll be Pikachu. Jeez, he shows more affection for the little yellow thing then for any other character in the series!

(Those of us with overactive animations may start your ShonenAi fanfics... now.)

Years
    'Shipping' is the belief that two (or sometimes more) characters of the show will, are already in, or -in your opinion- should develop a relationship with one another. Hence the name 'shipping. People come up with names for them, ending in -shipping. Most don't make much sence, but they usually describe something about the couple. For example, Orangeshipping, which is Tracey ♥ Misty, is named because they met in the Orange Islands. Others, such as Conceitshipping(Gary ♥ Lily), are named because of the personality they share. Many also have no very obvious meaning behind them, like Summonshipping, Falkner ♥ Melody.

A few even have characters who are related in couples together, like Blackthornshipping (Clair & Lance, who are cousins) and Petalburgshipping (May & Max, brother/sister).

Ok... thanks for the explanation. :)

Years

Ok... thanks for the explanation. :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2011
    I'm almost sorry for this stupid question but reading so much about the names of all these different shippings I can't help but ask: Who makes up that names and how does they spread so that everyone uses the same name for a shipping??

Years
    I'm almost sorry for this stupid question but reading so much about the names of all these different shippings I can't help but ask: Who makes up that names and how does they spread so that everyone uses the same name for a shipping??
    The 'official' list that everyone uses is at Bulbagarden, I believe. I'd give you a link, but I can't. A simple internet search should find it easily.

Anyway, people who think up the couple first get to name it, simply by posting there, I think; I wouldn't really know, I've never named a ship before.

I also have the list in a txt file, if you want it. PM me for it if you'd like.

Amanda

ATTENTION DUELISTS!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2007
    Even in 2nd grade I was sort of in the shipping scene. I'm very mild mannered when it comes to these things as I never argue about them or get all psycho over it. Like when it comes to the more popular like Pokeshipping I'm normally just "Okay sure why not?" I tend to dislike when people dislike a character JUST because it interferes with shipping. Like I sort of dislike Advance shipping but I sort of like May. I tend to favor the less popular shippings. You don't want to know some of the ones I like. :[

DemonPrince

Is teh 1337 Stalker! w00t!
    Years
    • DE
    • Seen Nov 4, 2007
    I see a bunch of misty ash websites. They seem pretty fair, so I say misty and ash

Years
    uh...I still dont understand this shipping things
    Um.. did you even read the explanation from the last page? If you did, I don't see how I could explain it any simpler.
    You don't want to know some of the ones I like. :[
    Yes, I would. They can't be any less popular than some that I like. Summonshipping and Shootingstarshipping, for example. I've never seen anyone else even mention them before. xD
    I see a bunch of misty ash websites. They seem pretty fair, so I say misty and ash
    Seriously? Basing your shipping preference on websites is usually not a good idea.
    I don't think I've ever even seen a pokeshipping website that wasn't all horrible looking or full of immature kids accepting Ash & Misty because "oh they act liek they hayte each othre but they rly luv<3"
    I'm not just saying that because I despise pokeshipping, it's because it's true. That was literally a quote I found on a freewebs site that had a solid blue background with red text.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back