• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
    I went to theater 2001 to watch the second pokemon-movie. It was one of last scenes. Misty and Melody see Ash falling down into the sea together with Lugia and Misty say to Melody something like...(Arrrg...I don't know what she said in english:( But you know witch scene I mean...Isn't it?) It was the first time I heard her speaking about the feelings she had for Ash. But then...after Misty said that...everyone in the theater clap hands! Really everyone! It was so great for me to see that there were other people who think the same way I do. From this day on I become a real pokeshipper...

hate to tell you, but that scene hardly counts as a hint, since it wasn't there in the original japanese dub, i don't believe. at least, that line wasn't. it was just 4kids and their determination to make pokeshipping more canon than it originally was.

Kasu-chan

her dearest wish~
    Years
    The Japanese version originally said this if I'm not wrong:

Misty [to Melody]: That boy out there is my burden... and this is yours.

I do like how she said it better in the Japanese version. Misty thinks of Ash as her burden only which I thought was interesting, then went in the water to rescue him. This could sort of relate to Contestshipping as well when May had to save Drew from drowning.

Although, there was a time when the Japanese had put in their trailer for the second movie that Ash jumps off a cliff to rescue Pikachu. Misty cries out for him, her eyes teary as Tracey holds her back. But then it somehow wasn't in the final script. Guess they thought it was too much drama. xD I know that one of my friends has it somewhere. Now to go find it again. I'll edit this post when I find it again to show you what I mean.

@ ValentineUmbreon: Aww, that's really heartwarming to hear! I didn't watch the movie at the theater but rather, I remember more when I watched it with my friends at their house. The most I remember myself back in '01 was that I giggled... a lot. xD Your experience in there sounds really nice! :3 And thanks for the compliment! =D

AAMLBeast

Lolpwnd. :\
    Years
    I went to theater 2001 to watch the second pokemon-movie. It was one of last scenes. Misty and Melody see Ash falling down into the sea together with Lugia and Misty say to Melody something like...(Arrrg...I don't know what she said in english:( But you know witch scene I mean...Isn't it?) It was the first time I heard her speaking about the feelings she had for Ash. But then...after Misty said that...everyone in the theater clap hands! Really everyone! It was so great for me to see that there were other people who think the same way I do. From this day on I become a real pokeshipper...

You're talking about the "Ash is never really alone coz he's got... me." part that was said by Misty. Yeah I know I loved that part but like what Commander_Latios said, it wasn't really in the Japanese version. And whoah! Everyone clapped!? OMG! So cool. I'm speechless... all I can say is... I don't know what to say.

But who cares if Pokeshipping doesn't really have that much hints. ANYTHING could happen.

Misty [to Melody]: That boy out there is my burden... and this is yours.

I do like how she said it better in the Japanese version. Misty thinks of Ash as her burden only which I thought was interesting, then went in the water to rescue him. This could sort of relate to Contestshipping as well when May had to save Drew from drowning.
    The fact that Misty was the one who saved Ash is what interested me. I mean Tracey could've done it. I'm positive he knows how to swim.

@Kasu-chan: I love your avatar...I's sooooooo cute:)
    Yup it is cute

Last edited:

ValentineUmbreon

*nom-nom-nom*
    Years
    "Ash is never really alone coz he's got... me." that was said by Misty.
    Yeah, I ment that scene. And it's the same line she said in german. That's good cause german translation is soooo bad sometimes...you had to watch Star Trek The original Series in german. The translation is a desaster! In the first season of Pokemon the germans even syncronist Pikachu's voice. Watch this video and you'll see.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    https://de.youtube.com/watch?v=zPsCgWXY2mA&feature=related

I mean...what the hell is the need for translate a word thats the same in every language?

I rember that picture from Ash jumping the cliff. I've seen it somewhere long ago and I was wondering why it was not in the movie...just thought that it was cut out.
    But I don't remember a picture about Misty and Tracy...looking forward to see it!

What else did the japanese cut out? UhhOoooh I got a thought in my mind...>.< Can't tell anybody who's younger then 18 years...

@Kasu-chan: You giggled? LOL In 2001 you where eleven years...isen't it? Just as old as my son is now....
    Hey, you got a new avatar? This one is cute too.

AAMLBeast

Years
    I rember that picture from Ash jumping the cliff. I've seen it somewhere long ago and I was wondering why it was not in the movie...just thought that it was cut out.
    But I don't remember a picture about Misty and Tracy...looking forward to see it!

I have the picture but I need to make 15 posts before I could show it to you :( .Really disappointing. I dunno what to do :(.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Wow, I feel so lonely. Wer're all the Pearlshippers? Meh, Wtevah.

About the hints in the media. We all know that most of the Pokeshippy hints are obviously fake unless physical or obvious in the situation. So I ask myself. Why are Pokeshippers, still with the fact of Pokeshipping if they know, most of it is 4kids hoaxed, and it should be the subbed japanese videos they should watch. They KNOW that 4kid's hoaxing, so why is it supported?

Pokeshippers are being the ghost they once thought was real, and know is 3/4 fake, so why weren't Pokeshipper's faith reduced after those facts revealed to them show that? Pokeshipping hints are 3/4 of the time US made. Not from the creators opinion. Misty's song is from USA. So why do people still consider it hardcore after they find the japanese without it?

Compared to Advanceshipping, more hints are real, because PUSA is neutral and says: " The japanese want ___Shipping, meh, time is money, translate it exact and quickly before 4kids throws a tantrum.". So the reason the hints from other shippings are less numerous than PShippy hints is because 4kids were die hard on that, and they passed the rights to the show to PokemonUSA after Misty left.

If we compare the movies, we now somethings going on here. Has Ash ever saved Misty or May. May yes. Misty maybe, but in the movies is we're I'm talking about. Ash never saved anyone but Dawn, in movie 10. Has Ash ever went in a solo adventure with Misty? No. May has in movie 9 and it was diehard Advanceshippy. And the luvdisc scene virtually got it to its peak. But in RoD, It was more Shippy than all others.Has Ash been with Romantic Pokemon with Dawn or Misty? No.

The closest calls for a shipping with would always be with Tracey or that kid in the Chronicles asking her out*.

In movie 2000. Altough Ash was saved by Misty, Ash cared more about his quest than thanking Misty, so why would this be Pokeshippy? If someone can answer this, Michael Jackson is my Step-Dad.

*I've heard than when he asked her if she had someone else, it was automatically claimed she thought of Ash. why would this be Pokeshippy? It could've been Tracey or any other, or it could've been a pause to find a way to say she doesn't like him. Psyduck's appearance was also claimed that he may have known Misty liked Ash, but it could also have been Tracey, or it could've been teasing.

Bottom line: 4Kids was a load of brainscrewing Balogne Shower

AdvancedK9

ValentineUmbreon

*nom-nom-nom*
    Years
    Thanks to 4kids! They support pokeshipping! What's coming from 4kids is that what I've seen on TV and in theatre. That's the stuff I having on my videos and DVD's and that's what is importend to me. Ash had to save Dawn...yeah, because she's such a sweet tiny girly babe she really need someone who saved her. Misty is strong enougth to save herself!
    But Misty and Tracy together? I always thought Tracy was gay and fixed out a realationship with Gary!:)

Oh, and I really HATE Mistys song!

Years

About the hints in the media. We all know that most of the Pokeshippy hints are obviously fake unless physical or obvious in the situation. So I ask myself. Why are Pokeshippers, still with the fact of Pokeshipping if they know, most of it is 4kids hoaxed, and it should be the subbed japanese videos they should watch. They KNOW that 4kid's hoaxing, so why is it supported?

Pokeshippers are being the ghost they once thought was real, and know is 3/4 fake, so why weren't Pokeshipper's faith reduced after those facts revealed to them show that? Pokeshipping hints are 3/4 of the time US made. Not from the creators opinion. Misty's song is from USA. So why do people still consider it hardcore after they find the japanese without it?

Compared to Advanceshipping, more hints are real, because PUSA is neutral and says: " The japanese want ___Shipping, meh, time is money, translate it exact and quickly before 4kids throws a tantrum.". So the reason the hints from other shippings are less numerous than PShippy hints is because 4kids were die hard on that, and they passed the rights to the show to PokemonUSA after Misty left.

If we compare the movies, we now somethings going on here. Has Ash ever saved Misty or May. May yes. Misty maybe, but in the movies is we're I'm talking about. Ash never saved anyone but Dawn, in movie 10. Has Ash ever went in a solo adventure with Misty? No. May has in movie 9 and it was diehard Advanceshippy. And the luvdisc scene virtually got it to its peak. But in RoD, It was more Shippy than all others.Has Ash been with Romantic Pokemon with Dawn or Misty? No.

The closest calls for a shipping with would always be with Tracey or that kid in the Chronicles asking her out*.

In movie 2000. Altough Ash was saved by Misty, Ash cared more about his quest than thanking Misty, so why would this be Pokeshippy? If someone can answer this, Michael Jackson is my Step-Dad.

*I've heard than when he asked her if she had someone else, it was automatically claimed she thought of Ash. why would this be Pokeshippy? It could've been Tracey or any other, or it could've been a pause to find a way to say she doesn't like him. Psyduck's appearance was also claimed that he may have known Misty liked Ash, but it could also have been Tracey, or it could've been teasing.

AdvancedK9

First off,I agree 100% with this post. 2nd Pokeshipping really fails. 3rd Pearlshipping ftw.

What I'm just saying is, Pearlshipping is where it's at now and Pokeshippers really need to stop living in the past. Pokeshipping is dead, gone, killed, whatever.

If some new hints about Pokeshipping come out ,then I'll take back what I said, but the day that happens is the day George W. Bush becomes smart.

Commander_Latios

Years

AdvancedK9

for once we're somewhat on the same side.

i really can't understand why it is pokeshippers still go after it despite 4kids complete bias towards it and their hardcore determination to make it seem canon.

as for if Ash saved may, yes. Misty, again, I dunno about. the luvdisc scene was, I think, the creators trying to screw around and make a bunch of advancies (Advanceshippers in case you can't tell) happy, cause they're gonna be getting rid of may soon after. As for saving dawn, I could really argue that point. You don't have to have feelings for someone to want to save them. That's like saying if you save your brother/sister from falling off a cliff or something you're an incestuous pervert... get my drift?

if you ask me, he actually seems to care more about that stupid pikachu than anything else. (Pikashipping, anyone?)

Movie 1: rather than running to the aid of his best friends (including misty, for all the pokeshippers out there) he runs after pikachu, jumps off the side of a giant ramp-thing to try and save it, and slides down a narrow pipe which rapidly seals behind him, with no idea of what awaits at the bottom.

Movie 2: Pikachu steals his hat, and runs out to the boat with it. When Ash retrieves it, however, rather than doing the sane thing, he goes out to the island. When they get there, pikachu runs to the shrine, and, again, instead of being sane and staying inside where it's safe, he runs out after it, saying he's concerned about pikachu. this one's not as important, but it's still there.

Movie 3: he jumped in the way of one of entei's attacks to save pikachu, getting himself blasted out of a hole in the wall and taking an even longer fall than in movie 1, before being saved by charizard. I've never seen him do that for anyone else, including dawn.

Movie 4, I admit i got nothin'.

Same goes, I believe, for movies 5-7, although i could be wrong.

movie 8: need I even bother? his main concern was finding Pikachu.

movie 9: advancies got their little dreams come true, or so they think. Didn't watch it but once, couldn't be bothered. hate manaphy forever.

Movie 10: no clue, only seen it once.

so, if anything, he gives just as much, if not more of a hoot about pikachu than anyone else. so, like i said, Pikashipping, anyone?

Last edited:

AAMLBeast

Years
    Oh noes! :shocked: What do I do!? Guess I should contradict and take the beating huh? I don't wanna take the beating!! :'(

So you're question is, why do we support Pokeshipping even if we know that MOST of the hints were just dub-added by 4Kids. By the looks of it, you can answer your own question.

Well my faith wasn't reduced. Why? I love Pokeshipping. Maybe the same reason could apply for other Pokeshippers, maybe not.

As for Misty's song, I don't give a sh*t about it.

I believe it is a Main Character's job to save his/her friends? Misty was never saved or has ever went on a solo adventure with Ash maybe because she was not given that much spotlight.

What was his quest? To like, save the world and stuff. Even if he did thank Misty, it wouldn't be considered Pokeshippy.
    But like I said before, Tracey COULD'VE saved Ash instead of Misty. Unless Tracey Doesn't know how to swim. That would be like. O.o wtf!?
    And if you're wondering about Math:
    Let's say the first addend is the... "save-Ash" role and the second one was "pull-the-rope".
    Misty's Force + Tracey's Force = Tracey's Force + Misty's Force
    The thought that Misty was actually the one who went out at the sea to save Ash is what makes it Pokeshippy. Although I wouldn't consider it as a hint.

And also, when Ash was saved, he was unconscious. So maybe a Pokemon could've saved him. And the Pokemon just let Misty and Tracey do the "wake-up-Ash" part.

You have a point. It could be Tracey, but it COULD also be Ash. For all we know it could be Danny, one of the Orange Island Gymleaders! :shocked:

But if it was Tracey, Casey would have said it during their encounter with Georgio (around the time wherein Misty was blushing big time) because Casey already met Tracey earlier in the episode.
    It COULD be Ash because Misty gave him her handkerchief. O.o. This doesn't say a lot but when they say that if a Girl gives a handkerchief to a boy, it means she has a crush on him or sees him more than a friend.
    It COULD be Danny because it was obvious Misty had a crush on him.

-----------
    BY ValentineUmbreon:

RESPONSE:
    If this is what you mean, then consider your wish (or whatever) granted :)
    Shipping Debates

Minuteman III

More Boosters!
    Years

AdvancedK9

I halfway agree with you...or is it three-quarters? Ah, hell, who cares about fractions!

Yes, Pokéshipping is deader than JFK, but Pearlshipping isn't at the top. Yet. It's Altoshipping. I didn't 'burn Pearlshipping Bridge', because I need a backup Ash/{female character} ship if Latias happens to get killed off (then I'd start a bootleg series).

If anyone from Pokémon USA is reading this: BRING LATIAS BACK, AND INTRODUCE ALTOSHIPPING TO EVERYONE!!! fine of $400 billion and/or covert ambush if not followed up...

My rant speaks for itself.

Last edited:

ValentineUmbreon

*nom-nom-nom*
    Years
    @AAMLBeast: Thanks! This is a really loooovely little picture.>.<

Pikashipping?,Altoshipping? what comes next, Chikoritashipping? come on guys these are pokemon! How can you have a realationship with a latias? Plaese stay in reality.

@The Old AT&T:Pokeshipping is as dead as latios? Go watch the 5. movie! He lives further in that heart-crystal. Isn't it?

Misty had a crush on the orange leage gymlaeder? No, HE had a crush on HER!

Pokeshipping VS Advanceshipping: When May leaves she really want to go. She had to find her own way. If May had stronger feelings for Ash then friendsip she woudn't
    leave him.
    Misty had really problems with leaving Ash. But she must leave him because she had a gym to run.
    And I don't think that she will come back as a maincharakter but that's o.k. for me. Better she comes back for 2 or 3 good episodes then beeing a maincharakter and having nothing else to do then carrieing her togepi around.

Why the hell did my computer put a smily in my post?

Last edited:

Commander_Latios

Years
    I halfway agree with you...or is it three-quarters? Ah, hell, who cares about fractions!

Yes, Pokéshipping is deader than Latios(Heroes ref.), but Pearlshipping isn't at the top. Yet. It's Altoshipping. I didn't 'burn Pearlshipping Bridge', because I need a backup Ash/{female character} ship if Latias happens to get killed off (then I'd start a bootleg series).

If anyone from Pokémon USA is reading this: BRING LATIAS BACK, AND INTRODUCE ALTOSHIPPING TO EVERYONE!!! fine of $400 billion and/or covert ambush if not followed up...

My rant speaks for itself.

Hail! We really need Latias back, for the good of the series.

Pokeshipping is certainly deader than latios, cause he's only half-dead. he hasn't really... moved on. he's sort of like, in purgatory or something.

if you need a comparison, pokeshipping's deader than lucario, who is actually 100 percent dead.

anyways, enough ramble. i have someone else to scream at.

@AAMLBeast: Thanks! This is a really loooovely little picture.>.<

Pikashipping?,Altoshipping? what comes next, Chikoritashipping? come on guys these are pokemon! How can you have a realationship with a latias? Plaese stay in reality.

@The Old AT&T:Pokeshipping is as dead as latios? Go watch the 5. movie! He lives further in that heart-crystal. Isn't it?

Misty had a crush on the orange leage gymlaeder? No, HE had a crush on HER!

Pokeshipping VS Advanceshipping: When May leaves she really want to go. She had to find her own way. If May had stronger feelings for Ash then friendsip she woudn't
    leave him.
    Misty had really problems with leaving Ash. But she must leave him because she had a gym to run.
    And I don't think that she will come back as a maincharakter but that's o.k. for me. Better she comes back for 2 or 3 good episodes then beeing a maincharakter and having nothing else to do then carrieing her togepi around.

Why the hell did my computer put a smily in my post?

AAARGH! *tears hear out in frustration*

how many times do i have to say it?! It doesn't matter whether they're pokemon or not.

again, I quote CyphrusCross on FFnet.

You don't have to be human to be a person.

Latias in particular, seeing as she can look like, act like, and maybe eventually even speak like a human. You people are so narrow-minded because apparently humanity is the only thing allowed to have feelings, now. You obviously never watched movie 5 properly, you'd notice latias's "little" (meaning painfully obvious) crush on Ash. She even kissed him (on the cheek, i'll admit) and the only other character (as far as i know) to do that was melody, and if you payed any attention, she didn't like him, at least, not in that way.

you have been warned. once I get the Altoshipping argument firing on all cylinders you may NEVER hear the end of it.

Last edited:

AAMLBeast

Years
    Wow many people keep on saying Pokeshipping is dead! Ok I get your point! It's dead. But you can guarantee if it's totally dead until the series has ended. You have already made your point that it's dead. You don't have to go to the point of rubbing it on our faces. You guys act immature. I mean, someone mature (I'm not saying I'm mature because I'm not and I am proud of it) won't have to say the stuff over and over again! I mean, you already said it. There we get it. We know it. You don't have to say it over and over again. *sigh*

ValentineUmbreon

*nom-nom-nom*
    Years
    Humanity is not the only thing that's allowed to have feelings. Pokemon also has the right to be named as living and breading creatures. That's right, but for a real love-realationship you have to be the same spezies. And when I say love-realationships I mean something like: Date each other, hanging around in the park and kissing, go to the theatre and watch love-movies, planning some kind of future for each other, even having sex together ( when you are old enougth for it ).
    I've seen the 5. movie and I must say that I really like it. That "realatioship" between Ash and latias/Bianka is heardwarming to see, but I woudn't say that she had a crush on him. I like it that pokemon have their own language. It seperate them from beeing to human...
    And I can't understand the people who say Ash had to be gay and mate with Shinji or Gary or that he has to mate with a pokemon. That guy has three beautyful girls on his side, he had to choose one of them. (Misty! Oh sorry that little pokeshippervoice in my head was speaking.)

you have been warned. once I get the Altoshipping argument firing on all cylinders you may NEVER hear the end of it.

Oooooh, I'm sooooo scared.

Asura Nirosuki

Shes a good person~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    A pairing is never dead until the fandom itself leaves it, as for me I am a Ikarishipper with no real valid proof of its existent besides I like 'Opposites attract' in this pairing.

Commander_Latios

Years
    Humanity is not the only thing that's allowed to have feelings. Pokemon also has the right to be named as living and breading creatures. That's right, but for a real love-realationship you have to be the same spezies. And when I say love-realationships I mean something like: Date each other, hanging around in the park and kissing, go to the theatre and watch love-movies, planning some kind of future for each other, even having sex together ( when you are old enougth for it ).
    I've seen the 5. movie and I must say that I really like it. That "realatioship" between Ash and latias/Bianka is heardwarming to see, but I woudn't say that she had a crush on him. I like it that pokemon have their own language. It seperate them from beeing to human...
    And I can't understand the people who say Ash had to be gay and mate with Shinji or Gary or that he has to mate with a pokemon. That guy has three beautyful girls on his side, he had to choose one of them. (Misty! Oh sorry that little pokeshippervoice in my head was speaking.)

Oooooh, I'm sooooo scared.

The same narrow-minded attitude i was just talking about. you're saying the only ones ash could be with are misty, may, and dawn. i respect the fact that you support any of them ships, but when you're too narrow minded and say i'm WRONG about something, when neither of us know for certain, that's when i start to get annoyed.

I never said he HAD to pick Latias. I'd just like it if he did, cause I like her, I feel bad for her cause she's alone, and it's a cute pair overall. Plus, it makes some sense.

but, if you want me to go with the narrow-minded humanxhuman pairings involving Ash, i'm throwing my call for abilityshipping. at least Anabel showed any sign at all of liking Ash beyond friendship. i mean, there are like, one or two hints that could be called outside of normal friendship for pearlshipping, advanceshipping there's more, but not as much as there is contest (hey, it's the truth, plain and simple.) and pokeshipping i've sworn off (blame 4kids) cause of the excessive amount of dub-only hints which make me despise it.

so, either way, i tend to choose the ones who actually seem to be more than just friends (hence the title of my previously-mentioned story a couple pages back).

ValentineUmbreon

*nom-nom-nom*
    Years
    Anabel...she had a really great espeon...I love espeon...yeah, she shows Ash that she feels more for him than just friendship. Sometimes this guy just didn't have a clue.

you're saying the only ones ash could be with are misty, may, and dawn

Yes, that's what I said. Ash is on the best way to become a really great guy, and one day he will undestand that there's so much more then just training pokemon...then he will mate a nice girl and I hope it will be Misty.

I like latias myself, she had a really lovely character. Playing around with Ash and comes to him when her brother becomes catched. And I feels sorry for her when she lost latios. But this is a shipping-thread...And shipping with latias, not for me.

I missed character by many other pokemon. The three legendary birds from the second movie for example.

Commander_Latios

Years
    Anabel...she had a really great espeon...I love espeon...yeah, she shows Ash that she feels more for him than just friendship. Sometimes this guy just didn't have a clue.

Now that's the truth, plain and simple.

Yes, that's what I said. Ash is on the best way to become a really great guy, and one day he will undestand that there's so much more then just training pokemon...then he will mate a nice girl and I hope it will be Misty.

I honestly have no comment. I'm not gonna argue about it anymore. I have more important matters to attend to right now.

Erherm! Lets not forget that Latias KISSED Ash! 1sec... OK PROOF: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wHo87g92Gc

Reasons why it was Latias over Bianca:
    1. She's NOT wearing that hat but Bianca WAS.
    2. She didnt talk AT ALL it even looked like she tried to!
    3. As A PROUD MALE AdvanceShipper I SAY that Altoshipping is Cute!

--CpuDuDe11 YES, I'm still a AdvanceShipper!

don't forget, bianca's eyes are a kind of greenish-brown, and latias' eyes are gold. you can clearly tell it ain't bianca if you look at the eyes. Gold, just like latias.

now, i have other matters which require my attention, so i'll be off.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back