• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

STJ

meh... ^_^'
Years
  • I guess it's all about preference, right?

As for me though... I have to admit that I'm not a romantic at all.. and if I don't see any reason to pair people up.. then I usually don't.. not really...

Well.. since Hikarii did bring up the subject...how many supporters of gymshipping are out there? I know Hikarii likes it.. who else does? :\

I know.. it's a bit off-topic... If I need to I'll bring up issues which people can use to defend it and stuff :rambo:

Of course, if anybody else has something to say about Questshipping or Backshipping, then they can post it too.. don't let me be the one who says what gets posted here :P

Last edited:

ash_misty4ever

We should be lovers....
    Years
  • Gymshipping would be cute, but I highly doubt seeing Misty and Brock even exchanging glances. Now on the other hand....ASH AND MISTY ARE GOING TO PAIR UP!!!!!!! :D

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
  • ash_misty4ever said:
    Gymshipping would be cute, but I highly doubt seeing Misty and Brock even exchanging glances. Now on the other hand....ASH AND MISTY ARE GOING TO PAIR UP!!!!!!! :D

Lol, I knew it would only be a matter of time before pokeshippers would respond..

I respect your opinion, but I'm going to have to disagree on that :P

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 27, 2011
    Agreed. Whether it's Kasumi giving the hints or even Satoshi, I don't see it happening. (Dub made it so that there are many hints of "AAML". =X) Has anyone ever considered Baseballshipping (Ash x Casey), or even Fireshipping (Ash x Macy, me thinks)? I don't know why, I just think Ash and some minor characters would be really cute. =3 -has fun pairing Ash up- >>;

Years
  • I like Ash with Duplica too. Casey is nice, and I never really thought about Macey...

But I like him the most with Duplica (well, I like him more with May but besides her). Maybe it's because I was getting a vibe that Duplica was kind of flirting with him in the first episode she was in. o.0

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
  • LOL, Ash gets paired up with quite a number of people dosen't he?

I don't usually pair him up with anybody though..

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 27, 2011
    Oooh. Yeah, I forgot about Duplica. I kinda thought she was flirting with him at some point. ^^;

I don't know, I jsut find pairing him up is funny, 'cause he meets so many people. that's probably why "Pimpshipping (Ash x everybody)" exists. XDD

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
  • Hikarii said:
    Oooh. Yeah, I forgot about Duplica. I kinda thought she was flirting with him at some point. ^^;

I don't know, I jsut find pairing him up is funny, 'cause he meets so many people. that's probably why "Pimpshipping (Ash x everybody)" exists. XDD

hehe.. I can see how pairing up people is fun, but I also find watching people bicker over their pairings is funny too!

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
  • cold_katanagirl said:
    Hey, I have a question.

I heard that in the GF episodes, Caroline wasn't accusing Haruka off liking Shuu, she was saying Shuu's a good coordinator or something.

... Yeah, I wanna know what's being said.

Me too..

According to the episode guide at Serebii.net, yep, Caroline dosen't actually tease May about Drew being her boyfriend, but actually being a better coordinator.. which is why she gets angry..

You've seen the pictures Hikarii posted, right? I thought people were certain of what Caroline and May were saying.. I guess not..

Lol... a great example of pictures being misinterpreted...

Of course... If somebody knew the actually Japanese dialogue...

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 27, 2011
    Hahah. Yeah. That would also make sense. =3 It certainly kills the fun, though. -nods- Ah well, let's go find someone who can understand Japanese. XD

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
  • Hikarii said:
    Hahah. Yeah. That would also make sense. =3 It certainly kills the fun, though. -nods- Ah well, let's go find someone who can understand Japanese. XD

I guess so.. I'm sure Advancedshippers and anti-contestshippers are happy about it though ;)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 27, 2011
    Blargh. I'm semi-advanceshipper, and hints of other shippings make it fun. I have no idea why I'm such an "Anything goes" type of shipping person. XD

lucious_dia

Diamond in the Rough
    Years
  • Actually, being an advanceshipper, I am happy. Very happy indeed. Still, the irony of it all still surprises me. And I used to be an "Anything goes" type too, until I started being obsessed with advanceshipping, that's when my view changed. XD In fact, I think when I was little I remember liking Misty alot, and actually thinking that Ash and her liked each other and not make excuses, but I didn't want to see them together either. So I was a semi.

Course, that's not really the point....

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
  • Lol... I can't say I'm a semi-shipper of anything

Now all I wonder is why May sorta blushed when Drew left.. lol. she's probably thinking of being the top coordinator.. people in this show blush for very strange reasons, I tell ya.. XD

Oh.. Cold Katana Girl.. I asked this question before..

What made you dislike pokeshipping? Because I remember there was a time where you were undecided...

I guess I can start a topic with that..

What made you guys like/dislike a shipping?

Please tell me if I have to change the topic because it's not relevent to the thread, ok?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Oh, OK.

What made me dislike Pokeshipping? Pretty long story. But I'll make it short...

When Misty first came in... To put it bluntly, I thought she was annoying *****. Still do to be honest, but not as bad as I used to. I wanted her to suffer, so I didn't pair her up with anybody. I always hoped she'd die a cruel and unusual death.

As pokemon became more popular, I noticed a lot of people seemed to be joining the Ash x Misty clique going around.

I never actually thought about them together before that, I was so focused on hating Misty I never really thought about anything else. Meh, I was nutty when I was six... or seven, whatever age I was when pokemon came out.

Anyway, I noticed people saying that Ash liked Misty. For some reason, I never agreed with that. I always thought Ash was too stupid to realize anything, and I felt people blew their hints way out of proportion (like "Someday we'll get married too" line). So then, I started becoming disgusted with Pokeshipping around the Orange Islands, which people claim as "The Pokeshipping Season"

When Misty left, I was overjoyed, and let out all the Misty/Pokeshipping hated I'd been building up for a looooooong time.

That's basically it.

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
  • Ahh. I see..

heh.. I suspect that alot of anti-pokeshippers where happy when they found out that Misty was going back to Cerulean city...

I have to admit.. I never liked the Orange Island series at all...

Anyway.. we're supposed to defend shippings that we support, right? Ok.. well. I guess we can start out with Advanceshipping.. since that hasn't been discussed with all this much in this thread..

I have to say that I don't consider myself an Advanceshipper.. but I'll bring up some aguements which others have brought up and see what advanceshippers think of it

To be fair.. I'll bring up arguements people have said against Gymshipping later if you want..

Here goes:

Ash is too old for May
    They didn't blush when Andrew and Oscar accused them of being in love

That's all I can think of, for now I guess....It wouldn't surprise me if Pokeshippers/Contestshippers/Anti-advanceshippers have thought up more, but whatever...

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back