• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    You see, I personally think that May and Drew belong together, so yes, I contestship XD
    Everything points to it... well in my mind it does. He is always giving her roses, she left and went to Johto with him... Lots of stuff. But hey, we all like the shippings we like =3

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
    You see, I personally think that May and Drew belong together, so yes, I contestship XD
    Everything points to it... well in my mind it does. He is always giving her roses, she left and went to Johto with him... Lots of stuff. But hey, we all like the shippings we like =3

good job. contestshipping is one of my strong points (not as much as alto, though ^_^). but I don't do much in the line of AshShipping. I just haven't really given enough of a hoot to look for hints of any others. i either don't like the premise of the shipping (meaning stuff like palletshipping. but i've said this at least four times) or i don't like the characters (with the exception of may, whom I think deserves someone far more intelligent than ash. Thus the reason for contestshipping.) Although i admit I don't mind abilityshipping. And, should whoever's writing the story i happen to choose makes pikachu a girl, pikashipping.

i can't really go with gymshipping, either. It's not that i hate the characters, it's just that brock's way too old for misty. I mean... at the start of the show, she was like 10 or 11, and he was like 17... see a problem?

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    I don't like Gymshipping for the fact that I don't like Misty, and I think that Brock could do better.
    I AM a fan of Palletshipping, but that is the fan girl is me XD
    I think that Pearlshipping is cute. They look cute together. As so does Ikarishipping, and comashipping is funny. And I think that Appealshipping is cute also.
    I don't really like Pikashipping, but I don't really like pairing up the Pokemon/humans.
    I don't know much about alto or abilityshipping.

Commander_Latios

Years
    I don't like Gymshipping for the fact that I don't like Misty, and I think that Brock could do better. I don't hate misty, but i do agree that brock deserves better.
    I AM a fan of Palletshipping, but that is the fan girl is me XD Fair' nuff. I was never a yaoi/yuri fan. the rest to be explained with pikashipping
    I think that Pearlshipping is cute. They look cute together. As so does Ikarishipping, and comashipping is funny. And I think that Appealshipping is cute also. I dunno about comashipping/appealshipping (I don't watch th dp series enough) but ikarishipping i can live with.
    I don't really like Pikashipping, but I don't really like pairing up the Pokemon/humans. Again, fair 'nuff. poke/human stuff is sorta my substitute for the nonstraight ships. Heck, it's one of two reasons I like altoshipping. The other being that meh <3 latias.
    I don't know much about alto or abilityshipping. Understandable. Neither have a massive fanbase, particularly alto. Altoshipping is my favorite, AshxLatias, and ability is AshxAnabel

my thoughts are in bold, but you probably knew that.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    Yeah, I slash everything XD I didn't realize I was a yaoi/yuri fan until recently. But my favorite straight shippings would be contest, pearl, and ikari... I think that is it... XD
    But Contestshipping has such a huge fan base it almost drives me away from it. Alot of the fans have no clue what the are talking about... ^^;

Ky-nim

Like whoa.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2008
    I hardly interact with crazy CS fangirl/boys, so I ship it quietly. Ikarishipping, I ship rather openinly and draw fanart of it often =)

I just draw this: Link

Minuteman III

More Boosters!
    Years
    These are the Ships I support. If you don't understand, ask me. If you hate it, just deal with it.
    In order of preference:
    • Altoshipping: Ash and Latias were obviously flirting with each other. I wouldn't be surprised if this --or even this - happened. I don't think Latios would be pissed off(he can see Altomare, despite the fact he's farther than those Viking probes- and those are now reaching past Pluto.) He'd probably be happy for her!
    • Lagomorphshipping: This is a two-way street. Pikachu likes Buneary. It just isn't obvious. Unless you see him late at night. And could somehow see his dreams. Unfortanatly, the fans aren't picking it up. Bastards.

Last edited:

Commander_Latios

Years
    These are the Ships I support. If you don't understand, ask me. If you hate it, just deal with it.
    In order of preference:
    • Altoshipping: Ash and Latias were obviously flirting with each other. I wouldn't be surprised if this--fanfiction.net/s/2829398/1/Passionate_Lake--or even this--fanfiction.net/s/3782471/1/More_than_just_friends-- happened. I don't think Latios would be pissed off(he can see Altomare, despite the fact he's farther than those Viking probes- and those are now reaching past Pluto.) He'd probably be happy for her!
    • Lagomorphshipping: This is a two-way street. Pikachu likes Buneary. It just isn't obvious. Unless you see him late at night. And could somehow see his dreams. Unfortanatly, the fans aren't picking it up. Bastards.

wait a minute. you read more than just friends?

what'd you think? (besides the ending, which i admit was terrible. i MUST get to rewriting that. and don't ask, check out the author's profile. we're the same person.)

as for lagomorph, i agree on that one, too. it's just plain OBVIOUS buneary likes pikachu, and while it's not obvious pikachu does, there have been moments. you just have to pay attention. of course, this conflicts with my like of pikashipping, but in those ones pikachu's most often a girl so all's fair. love 'em both.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    i can't really go with gymshipping, either. It's not that i hate the characters, it's just that brock's way too old for misty. I mean... at the start of the show, she was like 10 or 11, and he was like 17... see a problem?

Too old o_0? My dad is 15 years older than my mom. in my situation, WHY would 6-10 years of difference be a problem?

Lagomorphshipping is more of the Pearlshipping pusher, like vine?shipping for Advance.I take in fact whan the Luvdisc swam with Ash and May, that was a hard core hint. But Pearlshipping just seems cuter, I don´t care if the luvdisc don´t give a damn, Pokeshipping got homocide :)

Commander_Latios

Years
    Too old o_0? My dad is 15 years older than my mom. in my situation, WHY would 6-10 years of difference be a problem?

Lagomorphshipping is more of the Pearlshipping pusher, like vine?shipping for Advance.I take in fact whan the Luvdisc swam with Ash and May, that was a hard core hint. But Pearlshipping just seems cuter, I don´t care if the luvdisc don´t give a damn, Pokeshipping got homocide :)

umm... and that relates to my personal tastes... how? besides, if you go be the logic, misty's like 15, and he's like 22 or something. that's where the real problem occurs, he's legally an adult and she's still a teenager. and Last I checked, adults and teenagers are a no. so, it's more of a ghost-shipping at the moment.now, maybe once misty's older i might like it, but for now she's too young. besides, I'm a pikeshippy boy myself. Hey, it makes sense. Well, at least from her side. you can tell she actually likes him, just pay attention. with him it's hard to tell, cause he's like that around most women, but still...

Minuteman III

More Boosters!
    Years

I'm not a full-out Pearlshipper, just somewhat (It's my backup AshxJane Doe ship). Oh,and Pokéshipping is dead. There's no infared lock-on, so to speak. Alto, Lagomorph, and Pearl* do have infared lock-on.

*The intensity of the infared light is in decending order.

PS- I love Helvetica(my current font)!

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    umm... and that relates to my personal tastes... how? besides, if you go be the logic, misty's like 15, and he's like 22 or something. that's where the real problem occurs, he's legally an adult and she's still a teenager. and Last I checked, adults and teenagers are a no. so, it's more of a ghost-shipping at the moment.now, maybe once misty's older i might like it, but for now she's too young. besides, I'm a pikeshippy boy myself. Hey, it makes sense. Well, at least from her side. you can tell she actually likes him, just pay attention. with him it's hard to tell, cause he's like that around most women, but still...
    Brock is not 22. Considering that this isn't the debate age thread... and Misty was 2 years older than Ash when it anime started. (I know some say that she was 10, but I recall her saying she was older...so does my best friend) And Brock was around her age. Now saying that Misty was 10, Brock was about 2 years older than her. There fore, hypothectically if they did age, there is still no way that Brock is 22.

And Pokeshipping is dead. I'm not a fan anyways... but... I personally think that Misty does like Ash, but it is unrequited. And plus, Palletshipping makes sense. But for those who don't like boyxboy Pearlshipping is the straight That makes the most sense. As do Contestshipping, but really, it is all up to opinion.

Commander_Latios

Years
    not by my calculations. he'd be at least 20, cause he was supposed to be around 15 or so at the start of the series (go look it up if you don't believe me) meaning, if you go by how long the series has been running, makes him in his mid twenties. even if you don't, if you make Ash 15, Brock's at least 20.

oh, and according to my source, misty's 10 at the start of the series.

TheAlliedAxis

Pokemon fan forever!
    Years
    Breeding?!?!?!

Lagomorphshipping? Hmmm, I wonder if they'll implement the breeding aspect of the Pokemon games into the show? I would think that they could but they would have to be very implicit about it since it's supposed to be a children's show. I mean, I could imagine Dawn ultimately getting a Pichu out of it... But who knows... She does already have a Pachirisu so maybe not...

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    not by my calculations. he'd be at least 20, cause he was supposed to be around 15 or so at the start of the series (go look it up if you don't believe me) meaning, if you go by how long the series has been running, makes him in his mid twenties. even if you don't, if you make Ash 15, Brock's at least 20.

oh, and according to my source, misty's 10 at the start of the series.
    This isn't the talk about age thread.
    But on the note of that, Misty is up for debate. Depends if you go by Dub or not, and when we were kids, the dub I watched said she was 12. I have lived by that. Cause I was a kid. I know she was 10. I don't really care.
    And as for the Brock thing, where ever you got that is on Crack.

Hokay, ANYWAYS.
    Pikachu/Buneray is super cute. We know for a fact that Buneary likes Pikachu, and I'm pretty sure that Buneray is growing on Pikachu.
    As for Pikashipping... I don't get it. A person can be friends with a person/animal with out having a relationship.

Commander_Latios

Years
    This isn't the talk about age thread.
    But on the note of that, Misty is up for debate. Depends if you go by Dub or not, and when we were kids, the dub I watched said she was 12. I have lived by that. Cause I was a kid. I know she was 10. I don't really care.
    And as for the Brock thing, where ever you got that is on Crack.

Hokay, ANYWAYS.
    Pikachu/Buneray is super cute. We know for a fact that Buneary likes Pikachu, and I'm pretty sure that Buneray is growing on Pikachu.
    As for Pikashipping... I don't get it. A person can be friends with a person/animal with out having a relationship.

you're right, this isn't the age argument thread. but i guess the editors at bulbapedia must be crackheads, hmm?

I rest my case, and shall say no more on the subject. I don't like it, end of story. I have been trying to keep my calm, but the insults to my intelligence are really wearing on my last nerve.

As for Pikashipping, it doesn't really work for me unless pikachu's female. But it sorta works on the same level as Altoshipping. You know, the signs of affection they show for him seem to indicate that they want to be more than just friends (hence the title of my story).

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    I don't think that Pikachu is a female going by the shape of his tale, but the anime was out WAY before Diamond and Pearl, there for, for all we know, Pikachu could be a girl.

Do you think that I like the insult to my intelligence you have been giving me since you didn't agree with something. Sorry, I was just dishing it back.
    I apologize for the age thing, though Bulbapedia says it, it just doesn't add up. But hey, whatever. It also says that Brock is still a teenager. So therefor there is no way that he could be 22, but the anime is crazy like that.

Commander_Latios

Years
    ... i don't need this.

if you insist on gymshipping, be my guest. just keep me out of it, ok?

there, i said it.

pikachu's.... tail?

oh, wait, i remember. the female sprite tail heart thing... right. well, like you said, the anime was out way before they decided to differ the sprites. and i know that officially pikachu's a male (hence the lagomorph stuff, cause buneary's a female.), but a few creative liberties spawn so many ships I like, so it doesn't really matter.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    I don't insist on Gym shipping. I'm not a fan of misty, so I don't ship her with anyone.
    And I apologized, and that takes alot for me. I'm stubborn like that. XD You take it too personal XD
    Hey, Lagomorph could be a girlxgirl shipping XD
    Yeah, that is like me shipping GaryxDrew just cause they are my two favorite character. It doesn't make sense at all but I do it anyway cause I can.^^;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back