• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
    I don't insist on Gym shipping. I'm not a fan of misty, so I don't ship her with anyone.
    And I apologized, and that takes alot for me. I'm stubborn like that. XD You take it too personal XD
    Hey, Lagomorph could be a girlxgirl shipping XD
    Yeah, that is like me shipping GaryxDrew just cause they are my two favorite character. It doesn't make sense at all but I do it anyway cause I can.^^;

you're right. it's one of me bad points. i flip WAAY to easily. but this isn't the "discuss your personal problems" thread either, so i digress...

lol @ the lagomporh girlxgirl thing, i seriously doubt they'd put that in a kids show XD.... but like i said, creative liberties. they're fun so long as you don't OD it....

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    Well, if they did put it in a children's show, they would change it for the Dub anyways XD Cause that is America for you.
    Hmmm...I think my favorite straight pairing is Contest. I like Ikari and Pearl too. XD

TheAlliedAxis

Pokemon fan forever!
    Years
    You know, I remember reading about the Japanese version of Pokemon featuring less PokeShipping clues than the English version since the English version had more added in... I wonder if the same was done in the second Pokemon movie?

Commander_Latios

Years
    You know, I remember reading about the Japanese version of Pokemon featuring less PokeShipping clues than the English version since the English version had more added in... I wonder if the same was done in the second Pokemon movie?

yep. exact same deal. and who do we blame?

4kids.

if you remember, 4kids were ALWAYS a bunch o' biased pokeshippers. (no offence to pokeshipping fans out there. I just don'tlike it. and it adds ANOTHER reason for me to despise 4kids) they made a lot of dialouge edits due to their bias, and then there was that god-awful song...

that's exactly why i say that there are too many hints at pokeshipping that are dub-only for me to really believe it.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    I hated that song *shutters* And yes, they added LOTS of Pokeshipping hints... but they are getting better... or who ever dubs it now...
    The only good thing that came out of all of it was Brock's Song about Jenny and Joy XD

Commander_Latios

Years
    I hated that song *shutters* And yes, they added LOTS of Pokeshipping hints... but they are getting better... or who ever dubs it now...
    The only good thing that came out of all of it was Brock's Song about Jenny and Joy XD

I agree, that song was.... i can't even begin to think of a word to describe how horribly bad it was. yes, they added lots of hints, and yes, it's getting better. because 4kids doesn't dub it anymore. now we get Pokemon USA instead...

i didn't mind the Brock song, but my fav was the team rocket one. but enough on that, the only song that really qualifies for this debate is the trailer trash known as misty's song. which, incidentally, is not only dub-only, but is what kinda chased me away from pokeshipping in the first place.

kasumi_chan_x

Nevermore
    Years
    I personally have been a Pokeshipper since the first episode aired. Looking back at the old episodes, there were lots of hints on pokeshipping. Ash even now still thinks of Misty in Diamond and Pearl in episode 34, I mean...Misty is definatly one of Ash's bestfriends. She was there in the begining of Ash's journey. I'm just glad Misty is making a return, since Misty's japanese VA is returning.

So basically I am a Pokeshipper, and a Contestshipper. I think the whole Drew threw May a rose thing won me over on being a contestshipper, I mean...Ash is too thick headed to be capable of anything romantic it seems. I can actually stand Advanceshipping, though I really am not a fan at all of Pearlshipping. Dawn seems so young fo ash even though everyone says the series is in a floating timeline and there ages don't change...I mean...if the age's did, Brock would be pretty old traveling with Ash, but whatever.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    Brock was 15 starting out *sighs* been over this already.
    Anyways.
    Yes, Misty is one of his good friends, but that is it. In the Japanese version there wasn't all the Pokeshipping hints.
    The Only straight shipping that makes sense for Ash is Pearlshipping. He shows more caring than he ever did to Misty and May.

Years
    Actually, I didn't think Misty's Song was that bad. Shifty eyes.

I'm getting curious of Ash/Dawn or Satoshi/Hikari, just to see what's the hoopla. Anyone want to give me the most well-thought-out dissertation as to why it's awesome?

foxkrystal

The Music is Movin' :D
    Years
    Actually, I didn't think Misty's Song was that bad. Shifty eyes.

I'm getting curious of Ash/Dawn or Satoshi/Hikari, just to see what's the hoopla. Anyone want to give me the most well-thought-out dissertation as to why it's awesome?
    Well, you can check out the Pearlshipping Clubs on this site, on bulbagarden, and on serebii. Check out bulbapedia for the hints on Pearlshipping, and you'll probably understand why some people are obssesed with Pearlshipping.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Obssesed? Well we sure didn't need that. The true obssesion here is Pokeshipping, which I just don't get why it's still like that if it's dead. El polvo del Desierto Chihuahua. That would be my title for Pokeshipping if you compare it to Pearl, there have been more LEGIT hints in one season than Poke. There were even more in movie 10 than movie 1. It is very annoying seeing that people are letting the dead, live. I used to be hardcore Advanceshipping, when May went away, I didn't like it, but I let the living, die. That's just the way. Now i find Pearlshipping better. Now I once said this but people got amnesia or went away. The Primary reasons I never supported Pokeshipping are:

Misty is too old for Ash (Once I compared it to like Queen Elizabet and Jesse McArtney)
    Misty is too tall for Ash (Hi, I'm Ash, and this is my girlfriend! What do you mean she's too tall for the loveboat?)
    Ash WAS a total love nitwit, but he's older and more mature, so he is getting attracted by REAL girls like dawn
    Misty looks like she like Tracey more(... Ok, you CAN say I have an Orangeshipping side)
    Misty is Tomboyed and Red-Headed( Need I say more? The worst combo for a girl)
    Misty MAY like Ash, but Ash never showed his side of Pokeshipping.
    4kids is a total Aacsa..Nakin Skywalker

Plus, Misty and Tracey may be together by now ^ l ^ <3

Galbinus

Speeds.
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2008
    Just reading along on page 34: I really doubt that Pearlshipping is going to become canon, or is anywhere near it. Like any other Ash x MainGirl, they have some hints to keep the fans happy, but I firmly believe that if Dawn is to ever be paired up with anyone, it will be Kenny. (not that I'm particularly fond of the idea. I am still very angry that they kicked Brendan, Wally, Wallace, and Damion off the show.)

BUT now to break away from AshxWhicheverGirl.

... TWINLEAFSHIPPING.

I LOVE IT.
    YOU SHOULD LOVE IT TOO.
    BECAUSE IT IS WONDERFUL.

(now to sound more serious:)

Who knows what Twinleafshipping actually is? I do, but I don't know how many others know it by name..

Last edited:

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    Ahh I think you are right. They will never pair Ash with a main girl(though Pearl is my favorite ashxFemale shipping, and I think has the most hints) that is why I like Palletshipping so much XD

Ahhh twinleafshipping=DawnxDamion. I can see it, though I don't ship it.

~CyberKitsune09~

Proud Tails fan!
    Years
    AK9 is right... If it's dead, it's dead
    BUT for those who haven't heard, May(Haruka) is going to Return in DP076
    Most people(90%) agree that it'll be like Misty in AG where she was there for only 3 eps
    BUT
    I believe that May might stay for a while... (Like a season long?)
    and there is bound to be some Major Advanceshipping Hints in DP076, some I hope for are:
    1. May dumped Drew(for good)
    2. She came back for Ash
    3. She admits her feelings for Ash(not likely)
    4. She asks to travel with Ash&co. and Ash says yes!(Not likely)
    and My fav one
    5. She makes out with Ash (Really Not likely, but ^^)

So I hope that at least one of these things will happen (Like #5 XD) but we will see what happens in the near future

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
    haha, misty's too tall for ash, that is hilariously stupid

not that i like pokeshipping in any way since ash is the worst character i have ever seen in an anime but still

and really, why do you guys like advshipping i never got it they just don't click for me

i actually like ash best with misty out of all the three, she fit him best, but misty deserves much better

EDIT: and may works well with drew, really really well, they're both annoying though so i hope they never come back after this

i hope harley and max are in the new eps they are my favorites (sundaeshipping <3)

~CyberKitsune09~

Proud Tails fan!
    Years
    O.o

and really, why do you guys like advshipping i never got it they just don't click for me

Why.. WHY?!?
    Advshipping is teh best!

Because May and Ash work best together, I mean out of all of the girls I thought that May's personality was most like Ash's.

Also Most other ships have more hints, but all of Advshipping hints are "Real" (Luvdisk anyone?)

OH and...

and may works well with drew, really really well, they're both annoying though so i hope they never come back after this
    I ONLY agree that you said drew was annoying, but May IS NOT ANNOYING!!!
    and THEY ARE SOOOOO DIFFERENT THAT THEY'LL NEVER BE TOGETHER!

[____----____]
    (I AM ENRAGED! TAKE MY MAD ROM HACKING SKILLS!!!)

meh. forget that enraged part... you just got me riled up...

Last edited:

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    FAIL. (hehe) Naw, I love me some Drew XD Him and May go together like green on grass and that is just how it is.
    Advanceshipping doesn't do it for me. Now Palletshipping, we got us a ship there folks.

And there is NO WAY May will dump Drew. We all know that she went to Johto cause he did. *wink*

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
    Haha, so because May is some sort of Ash clone and Drew and May are too different ADV > Contest? Like people make good friends and opposites attract. May works better with Drew. He gives her roses, she is an airhead but sweet and he is calm and cool. He's just the sort of romantic she'd like. And she is so annoying.

Never thought I'd find myself defending Contestshipping. What has come over me. @_@

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back