• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping Debates

Who should he date?

• Misty

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • May

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • No one, Ash only likes Pokemon

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    lol I just searched for Palletshipping pics, it seems a cute ship. Oh wait, no, I just found a disturbing one o.O My eyes...I don't like this ship anymore...
    xD Bad pictures will always come up with any search.~

I really do like that shipping. I don't think it's a "real" one that would ever happen, but I like the idea of it.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    lol I just searched for Palletshipping pics, it seems a cute ship. Oh wait, no, I just found a disturbing one o.O My eyes...I don't like this ship anymore...

Never ever search for insane shippings. It happened to me with Ash x Brock.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    This is all so disturbing XD Kasumi x Meowth o.O That's...that's scary...

Ash x Brock!? I've thought of it as a joke but I've never searched for it

I found this pic, don't worry it's not bad and it doesn't have Ash in at all but it's still shipping. Kind of XD My favourite part is "achievements" being blanked out XD Aww. You have to click it to make the pic bigger, I think. The Rock man who devoted himself to Ash XD

https://l-lawliet-is-love.deviantart.com/art/Brock-married-Ash-EVIDENCE-108566271

LOL. You should look at PreciousMetal, if you're into the manga. That is teh sexy...XD I swear I saw a little of MangaPallet (is that what it's called?). It was...interesting.

Oh, I haven't ever read the manga. I don't read much manga. But everyone says the manga is good, is perhaps I should. What's it called? Pokemon Special?

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    But why can't pokemon SHIPS be called the same way as SHIPs in other fandoms have? Why must it go to the trouble of getting a special and stuff like that? (For e.g. in Harry Potter, Ron & Hermione is simply Ron Weasly/Hermione Granger or in Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney series, Phoenix & Edgeworth is simply Phoenix Wright/Miles Edgeworth. I mean you don't see them creating fancy names just because some prominent SHIPS within the fandom caught a prominent name to describe it as a whole? I bet this whole trend with giving Pokemon SHIPs a single name started with the first 2: PokeSHIPPING and RocketSHIPPING. Which are admittedly easy to remember and understand what it means, particularly RocketSHiPPING.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I think Ron/Hermione did have a name, it just wasn't well know. I remember one Harry Potter ship was about cake...(did anyone else find it weird that Filch named his cat Mrs Norris? Huh!? What was that supposed to be implying? XD) I've noticed some other anime have names for every single ship, like Yugioh. I found a huge list for that a week ago.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    Exactly. It didn't catch on that's why Ron/Hermione is still Ron/Hermione. However I noticed in the Pokemon fandom, after the success and popularity of the catchy names of the aforementioned named ships, it seems almost mandatory to come up with a term for every SHIP even if the name doesn't make non-shippers from outside the fandom automatically understand what it stands for.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Jorah said:
    Oh, I haven't ever read the manga. I don't read much manga. But everyone says the manga is good, is perhaps I should. What's it called? Pokemon Special?
    It's a misconception to call it "the manga". It's just the most well known outside of Japan on Pokémon forums. But yeah, in Japan it's Pokémon Special and in America it's Pokémon Adventures.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I found this pic, don't worry it's not bad and it doesn't have Ash in at all but it's still shipping. Kind of XD My favourite part is "achievements" being blanked out XD Aww. You have to click it to make the pic bigger, I think. The Rock man who devoted himself to Ash XD

https://l-lawliet-is-love.deviantart.com/art/Brock-married-Ash-EVIDENCE-108566271

What the waffles? Has this insane world actually gone to distrusting Bulbapedia?!

Seriously, I feel like slamming an atomic ergonomic keyboard at the face of the guy who edited that and spray him with that green muk from Nickelodeon. See what pair is married now.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Jorah said:
    Jorah said:

Yes it is. Great stuff.

Hilarious edited screenshot by the way.

Aw damn, missed the HP references here! :/ :P. Oh well, at least what I can confirm is that the ships there did not have ridiculous names (as far as I know of) like here. The two infamous rival ships, Ron/Hermione and Harry/Hermione had names were decent (although on the biased side theirs sounded lame (*wicked grin*). Yeah, I'm talking about Harmony, which was the name for the H/Hr ship, but for the life of me I cannot remember what ours was called. I know sometimes we called it the "Good Ship" but we had a better name than that. Ugh, it's gonna be stuck in my head now. Darn it. :P *racks his brains*

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2009
    Maybe I'm the only one who ship Ash x Melody here? XD (Remember the movie anyone? SHE KISSED HIS CHEEK!)
    I don't mind Ash x May or Ash x Dawn though. I wonder why people rarely support Ash x May?
    But if Ash x Misty... I don't know, I can't really support it.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Maybe I'm the only one who ship Ash x Melody here? XD (Remember the movie anyone? SHE KISSED HIS CHEEK!)
    I don't mind Ash x May or Ash x Dawn though. I wonder why people rarely support Ash x May?

Oh trust me, there are too many people that support Ash x May, it's just that most of them aren't out often.

Ash x Dawn is most popular because these days: SS > BB > HH

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010

O yeah I remember Melody, but Melody seemed too outgoing to me to be serious about kissing guys and stuff. If she truely liked a guy I don't think she expresses it by kissing him. Kissing to her is no big deal.

Well Ash x May seemed more like siblings, the way they interacted. Haven't watched many Diamond/Pearl epsidoes to comment on Ash x Dawn...

But I think Ash x Misty is more obvious, at least it's a fact that Misty does like Ash.

Ash is so whatever. He wouldn't notice any or the girls around nor hit puberty anytime soon so half his ships wouldn't work romantically unless you're talking about one-sided love. So I guess he will remain oblivious unless the girl's really really exceptionally pretty in the conventional feminine sense like whats-her-name in The School of Hard Knocks.

@Godot: What is SS BB HH? BTW off-topic but - Do you like other PW characters besides Godot?

Torosiken

The angst is in the bloodline
    Years
    WONDER HOW THAT STUPID BOY CAN GET SO MANY FANS!!!?

Ash only love pokemon, poor 3 girls :( I said, I choose pokeshippig(Ash x Misty)
    Misty is so poor!! She even go to Hoenn just to meet ash!!!!! So sweet..!!

-Ash get a message-

HOW RECKLESS YOU ARE!! YOU NOT UNDERSTAND MISTY'S FEELING BACK THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ONLY THINK ABOUT YOUR LEAGUE! NEVER EVER YOU THINK 'BOUT MISTY!!!!!!!!!

------------------------------end of the message------------------

Ash : Huh..??? O.o what does she mean...?

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    A lot of Ash/Misty hints were dub only ^^

Aw damn, missed the HP references here! :/ :P. Oh well, at least what I can confirm is that the ships there did not have ridiculous names (as far as I know of) like here. The two infamous rival ships, Ron/Hermione and Harry/Hermione had names were decent (although on the biased side theirs sounded lame (*wicked grin*). Yeah, I'm talking about Harmony, which was the name for the H/Hr ship, but for the life of me I cannot remember what ours was called. I know sometimes we called it the "Good Ship" but we had a better name than that. Ugh, it's gonna be stuck in my head now. Darn it. :P *racks his brains*

Oh, I completely forgot it was called Harmony! And we called it the "Good Ship", too, yeah. So this means you were a Ron/Hermione shipper too, right? :P Good XD Oh, I found a wiki page about the names here (the site looks interesting, it seems to be about annoying fandoms XD) "Heron" was Ron/Hermione! I really did forget that. "Pumpkin Pie" was Harry/Hermione, I had heard that a few times. I knew one was about cake XD
    Do you remember when JK Rowling said Harry/Hermione shippers were "delusional" and they all went completely crazy? XD

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Yes!!! Heron!!!! *slaps head* How could I forget that...Pumpkin Pie I remember, that was stupid...and yes that famed quote by JKR...but we digress.

Melody isn't the only girl who kissed Ash on the cheek. Latias did it too (Alto ftw).

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    @Godot: What is SS BB HH? BTW off-topic but - Do you like other PW characters besides Godot?

I thought somebody would ask -_-'.

It means Short Skirts > Big Breasts > Hot Heads.

And I'm not answering your rhetoric question.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    Do you remember when JK Rowling said Harry/Hermione shippers were "delusional" and they all went completely crazy? XD

Actually, it was Emerson Spartz (from Mugglenet.com) during his interview with her. As it was recorded during the interview:

JKR: Well I am, I am, but you know. I want to make it clear that delusional is your word and not mine!

It means Short Skirts > Big Breasts > Hot Heads.
    Normally, I would never encourage SS, but they are marginally better than BB.
    (Because Pearlshipping is utter win ^^)

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    Actually, it was Emerson Spartz (from Mugglenet.com) during his interview with her. As it was recorded during the interview:

O that infamous interview. Although it was Emerson who used the word first I still felt the onus should have been on JKR to disagree with his improper choice of words. Her reaction of laughing and all that stuff just shows she clearly thinks poorly of those who support H/Hr. I wasn't a H/Hr or a big Ron/Hermione shipper but disparaging H/Hr shippers however obnoxious some of their notorious members might be, was just not really nice. Frankly, I thought it was childish and immature. I think my respect for her dropped quite a few notches after that interview. That's like Satoshi (the creator) dismissing AshxMisty fans as crazy or delusional just because he doesn't think the ship's possible. That's the nice thing about Japanese animes, there's just so many possibilities for different ship combinations and r/ships are always open-ended.

Godot: Yeah thought I'd ask. You never know coz I'm a big Edgeworth fan but that doesn' mean he's the only PW character I like. I'm quite surprised to see a PW fan on pokecommunity tho.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Just now, I innocently logged onto YouTube intending to watch the next episode of something, when I decided to look down at my Recommended Videos. I don't do that much because it's half way down the page under Subscriptions and Friend Activity, and I can't usually be bothered. Well, today, I looked. I saw one called "Akatsukishipping" and it had a funny picture of Cyrus on, so I clicked on it, wondering who on earth would be paired with Cyrus and...and...Akatsukishipping is Cyrus x Dawn

o.O

I didn't know that ship even existed. This is the video that came up, anyway, but I think the person was just testing effects with their new movie editor which is why it's rather odd https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlT7M_Et2fY&feature=rec-HM-farside_rev-rn

So, what does everyone think of Akatsukishipping? :P I think it's a shipping we haven't talked about before. I can see why...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back