• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shoddy Battle Team Help Please.

Mr. Curling Iron

u kujw bux :d
    Years
    My First ShoddyBattle Team... Please Help

Hey Guys... This is my first try at making a ShoddyBattle Team, I've Played it in ShoddyBattle, It can get through many pokemon, but some pokemon like Charizard, Tyrannitar, Metagross, Blissey; I've been having problems with...

Forretress @ Leftovers
    Careful (-SP ATK, + SP DEF)
    Sturdy
    76 ATK, 180 DEF, 254 SP DEF
    - Earthquake
    - Payback
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Spikes

Yeah Its ovious I know NOTHING about Forretress ><

Gorebyss @ Damp Rock
    Modest (+ SP ATK, - ATK)
    Swift Swim
    4 HP, 252 SPD, 252 SP. ATK
    - HP (Electric)
    - Ice Beam
    - Rain Dance
    - Shadow Ball

Basic, Rain Dance, then IB/HP. I Put the Shadow Ball in because I didn't know what else to put there :\

Luxray (M) @ Salac Berry
    Adamant (+ ATK, - SP ATK)
    Rivalry
    6 HP, 252 ATK, 252 SPD
    - Fire Fang
    - Ice Fang
    - Thunder Fang
    - Roar

This guy is for my Toxic Spikes/Spikes Forretress (hence the Roar and Salac Berry) But If Forretress is taken out I want to be able to use him as a Physical Sweeper; or if I encounter Soundproof >:

Porygon-Z @ Leftovers
    Timid (+ SPD, - ATK)
    Adaptability
    4 HP (Getting sick of me Resorting to HP EVs? XD), 252 SPD, 252 SP ATK
    - Tri Attack
    - Ice Beam
    - Nasty Plot
    - Thunderbolt

Special Sweeper... IB/TB Covers all pokemon types, Tri Attack gets Double STAB (?) and Nasty Plot to make it all the worse for my Opponent.

Gallade @ Choice Scarf
    Steadfast
    4 HP, 252 ATK, 252 SPD
    - Close Combat
    - Leaf Blade
    - Psycho Cut
    - Night Slash

Gallade. Physical Sweeper. Choice Scarf for extra speed. END. =)

Togekiss @ Salac berry
    Timid (+ SPD, - ATK)
    Serene Grace
    4 DEF, 252 SPD, 252 SP. ATK
    - Air Slash
    - Aura Sphere
    - Roost
    - Thunderwave

I'm not sure about this little guy... He's definately lacking something.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2009
    Changes in bold; comments underneath

Hey Guys... This is my first try at making a ShoddyBattle Team, I've Played it in ShoddyBattle, It can get through many pokemon, but some pokemon like Charizard, Tyrannitar, Metagross, Blissey; I've been having problems with...

Forretress @ Leftovers
    Relaxed (+ Def, - Spd)
    Sturdy
    252 HP/180 Def/76 Atk
    - Earthquake/Toxic Spikes
    - Gyro Ball
    - Stealth Rock
    - Spikes/Toxic Spikes

Yeah Its ovious I know NOTHING about Forretress ><
    The rule for tanks and walls is max HP first, as HP helps you against both physical and special attacks and increases effectiveness of Leftovers. Go with Relaxed; you need to be able to wall defensively rather than trying to be a dual wall; that's too much for Forry to handle.

Gyro Ball or Earthquake will almost always do more damage than Payback except against things like Cress, who you're never going to hurt anyway. Gyro Ball is more useful in taking out things that have DD'd or Agilitied up. If you're dead set on Toxic Spikes, you can use that over regular Spikes or Earthquake (though I don't advise either).

Stealth Rock is vital. It immensely cripples any fliers (you mentioned having problems with Charizard, well here you go) who are otherwise immune to both kinds of Spikes.

Are you leading with this? Probably not the best idea. Counters Weavile leads, but there's not many of those anymore. Azelf/Deoxys-type leads are free to set up on you, and Azelf can toast you.

Gorebyss @ Wise Glasses/Life Orb
    Modest (+ SP ATK, - ATK)
    Swift Swim
    4 HP, 252 SPD, 252 SP. ATK
    - HP (Electric)
    - Ice Beam
    - Rain Dance
    - Surf

Basic, Rain Dance, then IB/HP. I Put the Shadow Ball in because I didn't know what else to put there :\
    Uh, Surf? It gets boosted in the rain... Lose the Damp Rock; you have no other pokes that benefit from Rain Dance, so why do you need it to last so long?

Luxray (M) @ Leftovers
    Intimidate
    252 HP/252 Atk/6 Speed
    - Crunch/Ice Fang
    - Spark
    - Magnet Rise/Superpower
    - Roar

This guy is for my Toxic Spikes/Spikes Forretress (hence the Roar and Salac Berry) But If Forretress is taken out I want to be able to use him as a Physical Sweeper; or if I encounter Soundproof >
    Spark > Thunder Fang. The paralysis is cool, and you're so slow you won't benefit from flinch much. Use Ice Fang or Crunch depending on what you want to hit (keep in mind Ice Fang will be very low power unless being used against 4X weak). Superpower is a great new addition for Luxray, just be careful because it lowers your own stats. Intimidate is a very useful ability, use it!

I took a stab at a new EV spread to make him more bulky so that you might survive long enough to phaze things around. Magnet Rise is cool because once you use it, you have no weaknesses :)

TBH, Luxray isn't the greatest Phazer. It's not bulky by even UU standards and as such is likely to phaze in a bulky ground type that will OHKO you with Earthquake (barring Magnet Rise).

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
    Timid (+ SPD, - ATK)
    Adaptability
    4 HP (Getting sick of me Resorting to HP EVs? XD), 252 SPD, 252 SP ATK
    - Tri Attack
    - Ice Beam
    - Nasty Plot
    - Thunderbolt

Special Sweeper... IB/TB Covers all pokemon types, Tri Attack gets Double STAB (?) and Nasty Plot to make it all the worse for my Opponent.
    I'm no Porygon expert, but screw Leftovers and go with power!

Gallade @ Choice Scarf
    Steadfast
    4 HP, 252 ATK, 252 SPD
    - Close Combat
    - Leaf Blade
    - Psycho Cut
    - Night Slash

Gallade. Physical Sweeper. Choice Scarf for extra speed. END. =)
    Looks good to me.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
    Calm (+ SpD, - ATK)
    Serene Grace
    252 SpD, 252 SPD, 6 SpA
    - Air Slash
    - Aura Sphere
    - Roost
    - Thunderwave

I'm not sure about this little guy... He's definately lacking something.
    Give him Leftovers and spread that paralysis around! Rearranged the EVs as you have no special bulk on your team at all.

Overall, it's a decently built team. You have nothing to take special hits besides Togekiss and Gorebyss and Luxray both are very underwhelming in OU.

Specsmence can wreck you. Togekiss can take 2 Draco Meteors with my suggested EVs and thus Roost off the damage and force him to switch out. With less SpD EVs or a different nature (like you had before), you're taking chances.

You mentioned Tyranitar: Just switch to Gorebyss and Surf the crap out of him, or, heck, Forry can take care of him as long he doesn't have Fire Punch.

Gyarados can also wreck you pretty well if you let him get a couple DDs. Luxray, Gorebyss, and Porygon can all take him normally, but after a few DDs nothing will. Luxray is probably your best bet due to Intimidate, but watch out for switching into EQ, you've got to catch him early in his set up.

Back