• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should Ash and Brock travel alone for a while?

Zet

Years
    Pretty much this would happen if they were to travel alone without a girl.
    Should Ash and Brock travel alone for a while?

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Brock is awesome, but the writers don't let him go to his full potential. If they got rid of love-strucked brock (cause after 400 something episodes it gets boring) and brought in a more serious Brock that got even more pkmn than he's getting now..then he'd be unstoppable..maybe could even beat Ash in a battle.

I think that Brock should probably leave and return to Pewter and Dawn should stay (she's still new and having her in just one region wouldn't make sense). They should have a new guy for the first time come in or bring Max back with his first pokemon. That would be unlikely though considering that Ash doesn't even age so max wouldn't and he'd be stuck with the same weak pokemon...probably.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    But its implied that Forrest takes good control at the last time we see him, I thought? lol. Plus, what exactly do you say to your parents? D:

If my parents were going to tarnish the family gym's pride and reputation, and it has had more than enough reputation tarnishment, I would kick them out of the gym to not ruin the gym even further, even though I have loyalty to my parents.

And if he took good care of it, he'd tell his mom no if she even has an idea of redecorating it, thanks to the last time she tried to redecorate the gym. He'd also actually battle the gym challengers (which in that episode, he didn't. Instead, Ash and Brock battled them.).

And, if Brock wasn't happy, why force him to stay there? Pointless.

Misty wasn't happy about being at the gym, and yet they still forced her to stay there.

EDIT:

Brock is awesome, but the writers don't let him go to his full potential. If they got rid of love-strucked brock (cause after 400 something episodes it gets boring) and brought in a more serious Brock that got even more pkmn than he's getting now..then he'd be unstoppable..maybe could even beat Ash in a battle.

I agree. I mean, I know he's not the competitive type, but that doesn't mean he has to be portrayed as weak most of the time. Look at Gohan, he was definitely not a competitive character, but he ultimately turned out to be the strongest of the Z-fighters. Also, the love-struck Brock (or, to be more accurate, lust-struck brock) really has to go, I agree. I mean, other than the fact that it's gotten old, if it was even funny to begin with, it's also in very bad taste and gives us heterosexuals a very bad name.

I think that Brock should probably leave and return to Pewter and Dawn should stay (she's still new and having her in just one region wouldn't make sense). They should have a new guy for the first time come in or bring Max back with his first pokemon. That would be unlikely though considering that Ash doesn't even age so max wouldn't and he'd be stuck with the same weak pokemon...probably.

...IF Max even has any pokemon, that is. Also, going by that WPM interview, whether it makes sense or not, I doubt Dawn will be staying on the main cast after the Show, even IF I did like her (which I don't). Yes, he's demoted, but considering the fact that they brought in Dawn shortly after he was demoted, I doubt they'll change any time soon unless there is a massive campaign against the Pokemon Company. Then again, I've been wrong before.

Last edited:

*Charizard*

Velocity
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    All i can say if Brock and Ash traveled alone together it would be very much so..... a sausage fest. hahaha imagine the late night conversations.....

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    That would be the most boringest idea ever!!!! I rather brock leave anyway

The Girl Once named Tracie

She who tames Celebi
    Years
    Logic says they will bring back Misty.

This is because the Japanese voice actress of Misty wanted to quit in order to start a music career. Well, her singing voice wasn't the best, and she never did become popular. Now, she is trying to be brought back on to be Misty full-time. There probably will be a new girl brougt in, but I'd say there is at least a 45 percent chance that Misty will be a lead character in the next region/season.

Back