• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Should I evolve my Murkrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
    After hours spent in Solaceon, I now have a Murkrow I'm happy with. He's Jolly, level one, with 100 EV's in ATK and SPD. His stats are 12 HP, 6 ATK, DEF, and SP. DEF, he has 5 SP. ATK, and 7 SPD. I decided to see what he'd be like as a Honchkrow. So, I saved, used a Dusk Stone, and his new stats were like this: 13 HP, 7 ATK, 6 everything else. I'm not sure if I should evolve him now or later. Will he get better stat boosts? Will his stats only change the one time, or will his attack stay his best stat? What do you think?

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    After hours spent in Solaceon, I now have a Murkrow I'm happy with. He's Jolly, level one, with 100 EV's in ATK and SPD. His stats are 12 HP, 6 ATK, DEF, and SP. DEF, he has 5 SP. ATK, and 7 SPD. I decided to see what he'd be like as a Honchkrow. So, I saved, used a Dusk Stone, and his new stats were like this: 13 HP, 7 ATK, 6 everything else. I'm not sure if I should evolve him now or later. Will he get better stat boosts? Will his stats only change the one time, or will his attack stay his best stat? What do you think?

The only base stat that decreases between Murkrow and Honchkrow is Speed, which drops from 91 to 71. I would recommend evolving it if you are happy with its current attacks. Murkrow learns 6 attacks that Honchkrow can't. So if you evolve it and save, you will not be able to teach Honchkrow the attacks.

And here they are:
    LV 1: Peck
    LV 21: Night Shade
    LV 25: Assurance
    LV 35: Faint Attack
    LV 41: Mean Look
    LV 45: Sucker Punch

So you may want to take into consideration what Murkrow can learn before you evolve it.

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
    The only base stat that decreases between Murkrow and Honchkrow is Speed, which drops from 91 to 71. I would recommend evolving it if you are happy with its current attacks. Murkrow learns 6 attacks that Honchkrow can't. So if you evolve it and save, you will not be able to teach Honchkrow the attacks.

And here they are:
    LV 1: Peck
    LV 21: Night Shade
    LV 25: Assurance
    LV 35: Faint Attack
    LV 41: Mean Look
    LV 45: Sucker Punch

So you may want to take into consideration what Murkrow can learn before you evolve it.

Well, that's no good then. My entire strategy depends upon him knowing Mean Look.

I think I'll wait a while, then. Thanks.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    i originally thought that if you evolve a pokemon early before it learns an attack, you could take it to the move tutor and teach it the attack like that?

No, it doesn't work like that. The Pokemon can only learn a previous move from the Move Tutor if the attack is in it's moveset. Since Honchkrow does not have the attacks posted above in its moveset, it cannot learn them through Move Tutor.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I love my Choiceband Honchcrow with STAB suckerpunch. Yes evolution is key

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back