• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should I give Resident Evil a second chance?

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Everyone raves about it, but I played the first and was bored to tears by it.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    If you got bored with the structure of the first, then try Resi 4. Great, great game. One of the best.

Resi 5 is a pile of wank though.

Antic.x.Fantasia

-Original D r o p o u t B o y;
    Years
    It seems most people have a love/hate relationship with the first ones. The Fourth redid the format pretty much entirely.

Delphinus

Auxiliary bro
    Years
    In terms of the old REs, I always thought 2 was the best. If you're looking for a zombie game with more action and you're not really willing to go back to the old control scheme, RE4 and 5 might be more up your alley though.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Resident evil is a great franchise so I wouldn't give up on the games.

I can't remember which one's I played XDD; But I have played quite a few and I loved em'

I am petrified of zombis though so It was hard U.U

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
    Play RE 2. It's much better than the original. However you can always try REmake on Gamecube/Wii it's a much better version of the first game if you just really want to start from the beginning.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i would recommend the 4th game just because i found the first few games boring and the controls hard
    but the 4th is a really good game. the 5th is eh i traded it in after a month

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
    RE 4 is excellent though I still prefer the style of the original games. RE 5 is fun but only if you have someone to play it with, otherwise it's a pass.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    I loved RE4 - much more so than other games in the series. RE5 doesn't do it for me because I'm not as into multiplayer ****.

Delphinus

Auxiliary bro
    Years
    Alternatively, you can try the original Silent Hill trilogy, the second would be the one I recommend the most. It depends on what horror you prefer though.

Definately at least try RE2 if you can get it, but I would recommend RE4 if the original bored you.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
    Woah, I'm a little late but, Resident Evil 1, 2 , 3 and 5 are boring. Resident Evil 4 is actually great so try that. If you want a game similar to that then, try Dead Space. - It will scare you to death though. :D

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    RE4 is one of those games that fails at what it should be doing - i.e. scaring you - but still manages to be brilliant because it's just such massively stupidly fun.

You start the game fending off a horde of zombies (some wielding chainsaws) using one pistol, a knife, possibly a shotgun, and rapidly dwindling ammo. FUN.

The first boss is giant sea monster who tries to eat you, and who you defeat using harpoons and a tiny wooden boat like some third-world whaler. FUN.

Later, you fight zombies who look more like Wolverine from X-men and can stba you through the face if you get too close. FUN.

I could go on, but the point is that RE4 succeeds where the other games fails because it doesn't ponce around trying, and failing, to create atmosphere with what it acknowledges is a hilariously unfrightening plot. Instead, it just says "Here are some zombies, here are some mutant freaks, here is a gun. Now go save the president's daughter."

Get it if you can and get it on Wii, it's one of the games that actually manages to get the control scheme to work pretty weel without being ridiculous, graphics are decent for a Wii port of a Gamecube/PS2 game and, y'know, it's nice to have a decent Wii game that's not a first-party title.

Back