• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen should i wait or just make it evolve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    While that is true, neither is on the same level as Umby. The other evolutions suffer from a dreadful movepool, especially Flareon, while Umbreon flourishes.

eureKa^

Veteran
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 9, 2022
    vapooooooooooreon

or espeon, or just.. wait and leave it until you can get them allllllllllllllllll

Ahegil

The Breeder Chick
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2016
    Razmazter is wronge there is ONE way to evolve in umby/espoen you give it a moon/sun stone and train it up a lvl BUT this may not work on the english version :\ i have the japanis version

Luиαrglοω

Yuuko ftw 8D
    Years
    Umbreon. It's the best evolution.

True and Amen.
    (But if you want a battler get vaporeon or jolteon)

Razmazter is wronge there is ONE way to evolve in umby/espoen you give it a moon/sun stone and train it up a lvl BUT this may not work on the english version :\ i have the japanis version

Also, no. You raise its happiness and level it up in the day/night depending on which evolution you want.
    (This is true EVEN in the japanese version)

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    This is totally wrong. Moon and Sun stones have NOTHING to do with Eevee. I think you are confusing yourself with XD.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    flareon should be learning flare drive. it's upsetting.

all the eeveelutions do well except vaporeon. say what you will, but i've tried training one with all kinds of movesets, and it always lets me down.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    That is because a good Vaporeon requires breeding for Wish and then not evolving Eevee until it learns Baton Pass at Lv36.

Years
    I personally prefer Espeon over Umbreon. The attacks he gets are better in most ways. If you are still on unsure you may want to take this to GB Strats and Movesets to see a moveset.

Years
    I would suggest waiting until you can breed then mass produce and have about 13.

7 for D/P

then use the other 6 in FR/Lg and evolve how you want.

If you want to do it now, evolve into Jolteon and stop being a slave to the Pikachu!

Mudkip85

A.K.A ~KIPPER~
    Years
    I have to say that i much prefer Espeon there is so much more going for the psychic evoultion of the eevee although its defence may not be the best out of all the eevee evoultions, its attack is much better than jolteons.

Luиαrglοω

Yuuko ftw 8D
    Years
    Uhh, you guys do know that there is no time system in FRLG, right? And you do know that Espeon/Umbreon evolve by day/night happiness... xD
    So he's kinda between Jolt/Flare/Vap now.

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
    Well, personally i cannot make such a decision for anyone, its up to the trainer ultamitely. I know I may be screamed down by serious players here, but I would choose the one you like the best. Unless you plan to battle against others often, just choose based on what you think. Of course breeding more eevee is always handy. In fact, i've bred more eevee then any other pokemon. Since I like them all, I try to have at least one of each.

Also, like other people have meantioned, unless you have a copy of R/S/E aroun d and can trade between them, you are restricted to Vaporeon, Jolteon and Flareon. Personally, I'm an idiot (or a fanperson, one of the two) and would always choose Jolteon for Lg/Fr.

Years
    Thanks for your input, but this is nearly two months away from the first post. I'm pretty sure the starter has already decided and if they didn't they would be active in here. I'm just going to close this since it isn't all that necessary to keep it open any longer.

Closed~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back