• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should Volkner replace Brock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • noooooooooo!! Brock is the best character besides Ash. The best parts of every season is when they return to Kanto and they go their seprate ways then somehow Ash manages to accidentaly find Brock in the new region. That nostalgia would all be gone if they replaced him

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    I just think it would be funny to see random girls hit on a guy instead of Brock hitting on random girls. Change of pace is good, yes.

Also, Volkner would probably get all depressed if he found a battle too easy and think about heading back, leading to his own personal "ear pulling" moment.

May I add to the "ear pulling"?Electivire could probably do it like Crogunk does to Brock?

Kimicatdemon

One who randomly returns!
    Years
  • Meh... I think pokemon could use a strong female character or something again from the get go instead of a small whiner... needless they could become stronger in the end, but I would prefer for them to enter a contest with a random totally un-contest ethical pokemon like Muk and they call it gorgeous. Ahaha...

Also, pokemon can't give awesome/so lame it's funny punch lines.
    oh how I love those punchlines....

As for why he would be traveling for strong trainers instead of waiting at the gym? Not because he feels strong trainers are rare there, but because the association suspended his gym for awhile because he handed out too many badges. Tsk tsk.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    BAHAHA.. >_>

If Volkner replaced Brock, I would watch the anime again.

Not that I've totally stopped, I watch it on occasion.. but I would keep up with it. xD

It'd be so random if he joined the main cast, and I can't see it happening, but it would still be fun.

Bolanboy

ǝpısdn uʍop
    Years
  • No, he shouldn't. What is everyone's obsession with replacing everyone. Some kind of fetish I haven't discovered yet orrr?

Kimicatdemon

Years
  • Like I said, change of pace is good.

We like the originals and all, but over time, they just become predicable. ((Since we all know pokemon does a elite job of maturing their characters both physically and mentally.))

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Um, you guys got nostalgia glasses on?

It would be fun...Volkner being the complete opposite of Brock, girls would want him, and he would turn them down XD. He would probably not take his team (If you had some 8th Gym Leader on your team, don't you think he should restart? You don't want him defeating noobs in the next region, do you?), he would also have guitar maybe. But hey, although it seems impossible, I like it. Since Misty was replaced, why not Brock?

You realize the gyms aren't numbered in the anime right? thats just for the game...he could be the 1st gym leader for someone or the 2nd, 3rd, etc...

I would like to see him, "new faces" are always nice and he seems to me like he could be his own main character but can't replace Ash or Brock, maybe a spin off series or he could travel with Brock and Ash

Isn't Brock pointless too?

Yeah who needs a chef while traveling around the word with creatures attacking everything and stuff...you usually get hungry through all that just saying

Last edited:

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
  • So you have "No Brock must stay!" from the people who are still kind of new to the series and can't see that he is not adding much to the series. The on the other hand you have the people who have a bit of sense and say, "Yes Brock must go, but not Volkner, he just doesn't fit the spot." Sorry I had to put some of you out there buy it had to be said.

-Okami

Kimicatdemon

Years
  • So you have "No Brock must stay!" from the people who are still kind of new to the series and can't see that he is not adding much to the series. The on the other hand you have the people who have a bit of sense and say, "Yes Brock must go, but not Volkner, he just doesn't fit the spot." Sorry I had to put some of you out there buy it had to be said.

-Okami

I can work with this too, but that's not the point of the topic.

Either way, a new face would diffidently be something to see.

And LMAO Calder.... I need to remember that cooking line. I just KNOW it will come in handy one day...

Syphr

Happy to meet new people ^^
    Years
  • Yes, they're going to have to change the cast anyways (I hope) as they change locations in the new season (Pretty sure they're going to Johto? I don't know, I don't pay attention but they seem to follow the game locations for the most part.)

On a more serious note regaurding Sunnyshore and Brock...What happens if Brock looks at the sun for too long?

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • O.o What gave you the idea of volkner traveling with ask?! Strange... Its a good idea but it would never happen i just cant picture it :\ I want ash to keep traveling with girls he has only known for less when half an hour!

Volkners not too old? o.O
    Hes about the same age as Brock and Brocks only like... 12, 13?

Actually I read online that when Brock first appeared he was 15 which makes him 5years older then Ash and since Ash is roughly about 12 when entering Sinnoh that makes Brock about 17. And I think Volkner is in his 20's.

I say to replace Brock with someone new but not another gym leader. Although I must admit I find it funny how hes always getting turned down by the Nurse Joy's and Officer Jenny's.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2012
    Brock went back to Pewter... Ash in Unova, so Volkner will replace Iris?

Hmm... I'm guessing BW Season 3 or 4 would have Volkner return since Brock returned to Kanto. And if Dawn Stays, I would wish Volkner would replace either Cilan or Iris.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • There is no need to revive a thread that is two years old. Please refrain from farther reviving threads that are over a year old. This was made before BW even took place so Cilan replaced Brock. So this topic is moot at this point. If you want to make a topic about who replaces Cilan or should x character replace Cilan then that's fine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back