• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Shouldn't Missingno. be a real...

Latios&Latias381382

rofl, Mac.
    Years
    Pokemon??? I think it should be one instead of a glitch. But if you all could tell me what you think about it. It should be a Johto Pokemon actually.

Grand:::Master:-:420

The Ultimate Trainer(TUT)
    Years
    I have searched the web and found that missingno is accually yoshi for some strang reason.
    But never the less this is the truth. If you remove the darker colours and replace them with green and kinda squint your eyes it is without a doubt yoshi. If you would like the cheat post it here and I will post it.ASAP Please.
    Look at profile.

adeebsworld

dragon pokemon collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2010
    no it shouldn't

it shouldn't it was just a glitch that was acidently put in red and blue
    plus sometimes if u catch it it can erase your game or screw it up

InfiniteZero

I never change my Avatar. D=
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2016
    Missingno was just a extra Pokemon spot filler that got exposed when the demo of the old man trying to catch Weedle was shown which counted as a grass patch of messed up Pokemon, then you would go to Cinnibar and surf on the far left side closest to the land which would bring out any of the wild Pokemon from the last grass patch you visited before. Missingno was a glitch that never meant to exist.

Well, that's just my opinion.

Tikal Kid

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    _Tracey_ said:
    I think it was a beta testing Pokémon for the developers...
    I agree, it probably was just a beta testing pokemon, unless they planned the G/S series and left it in as an extra pokemon slot to be duplicated and made into the new pokemon.

RaveGamer

The Raving Gamer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2006
    It was probably a test Pokemon used to try out the battle system, like in Zelda Ocarina of Time with it's beta quest

52!

Silver Isle.. JOIN IT
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2006
    it wasnt a test pokemon it was just messed up data.. look it up on wiki.. woulda been cool to get some kinda item that clearedn up MissingNo who then looked like a pokemon

Years
    That would be pretty stupid if it were. What type of pokemon would it be and such. The Unown are already like missingno's.

Years
    How do you figure it would be a Flying/Water type? I can see the water thing for the ealier versions, but what about the other appearances that they make on land? They don't fly.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2006
    Nintendo and Gamefreak said missingno was the debug pokemon, like the template for all pokemon, which can be used for editing pokemon data. Like the debug rooms in goldeneye N64, and super mario rpg SNES, or the debug cheat for sonic the hedgehog 3.

~Alakazam~

Psychic Eye
    Years
    xilef said:
    Nintendo and Gamefreak said missingno was the debug pokemon, like the template for all pokemon, which can be used for editing pokemon data. Like the debug rooms in goldeneye N64, and super mario rpg SNES, or the debug cheat for sonic the hedgehog 3.
    sounds fair enough to me. And it makes sense.

No, MissingNo. is a missing number. It should never be a real pokemon.

Back