• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sick of Ash?

Should they...?

• Make Ash a less central character in the anime

Votes: 141 29.1%
  • Make a new anime series altogether

Votes: 186 38.4%
  • Keep it the same

Votes: 157 32.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I wish they would've just left him out of the newer generations. He was good up until the orange islands. Then they started replacing all the characters. They pushed Ash into the background and for Ash fans like me, you watch it only to be disappointed that he's NOT the main focus. But rather, a method of dragging people from older generations in. They're USING him like they're USING Pikachu. It's almost as though they're lying "Hey look we have Ash and Pikachu!" and you get Dawn and her ugly bird Pokemon or May and her ugly bird Pokemon.

If they left him out, they'd lose a bunch of fans. But those fans aren't watching the new Pokemon for Pokemon. They just want to see their childhood character drag on and die slowly. Pull the plug.........

:\ Move on.

I like Ash too. After reading that, I feel the same.

Ashbox

Switched Accounts
    Years
    REALLY LONG POST.....

I wish they would've just left him out of the newer generations. He was good up until the orange islands. Then they started replacing all the characters. They pushed Ash into the background and for Ash fans like me, you watch it only to be disappointed that he's NOT the main focus. But rather, a method of dragging people from older generations in. They're USING him like they're USING Pikachu. It's almost as though they're lying "Hey look we have Ash and Pikachu!" and you get Dawn and her ugly bird Pokemon or May and her ugly bird Pokemon.

If they left him out, they'd lose a bunch of fans. But those fans aren't watching the new Pokemon for Pokemon. They just want to see their childhood character drag on and die slowly. Pull the plug.........

:\ Move on.
    I couldnt have said that better my self.....
    you are not alone in thinking that....
    they are trying to milk ash's character for all its worth...[not that much]
    kill him off the anime....or end the entire thing.....
    put it out of its misery....

on another note....if they want to keep it on...they should read this....
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    HOW TO SAVE THE ANIME.....

*Synchronize the plot.....
    too many loose ends....

*Im tired of having 50 million god pokemon....
    this polytheistic stuff has gone on far to long.....
    knock off all but 1.....arceus....

*Remove ash/pikachu/brock
    there adults now..... eww...gross
    have misty+ash settle down somewhere,
    brock gets in a long term relationship with some chick for once,
    pikachu dies >=]
    never show them again....

*GET RID OF TEAM ROCKET
    giovanni fires them....jesse and james start a respectable buisness....
    meouth dies >=]
    never show them again....

*start gearing the show towards pre-teens/teens again
    like back in the old days when the show was actually good

*ban the current writers/producer from ever touching the show ever again
    they have done enough damage to the show....

*let the main characters fail more often.....

* the main character doesnt save the world 10 times over....
    it gets annoying reeeealllllyyyy fast.....

*NEVER MAKE ANOTHER MOVIE!!!!!!EVER!!!!!

*make the main characters have cooler looking pokemon
    instead of bidoofs and stuff...

*make the bad guys ALOT more bad
    No: <james> look i moved a sea bouy.... i am bad *snicker*
    Yes: *James tortures pikachu* MWUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

*LISTEN TO THE FANS FOR ONCE!!!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------

if you like this post...plz rep me ;)
    and i apologize for making you read my ranting.... =p

Years
    You know, technically, we can't even cite people in the real world/true life, seeing how it's always different, to the extent where real life can be considered no different than fantasy. I mean, the news and nature programs, which are the ONLY things on TV that actually deals with Real Life, have almost always portrayed the real world as being a living nightmare. Having illegal drugs trafficked, Wars, death, genocidal tyrants, all of that. Heck, there are different accounts in history, so real life in itself cannot be cited, so in other words, nothing exists, not even what we call "real life".

Now that's just a sorry and pathetic attempt to get the last word in. If the world isn't real why are you bothering to post on a forum for your enjoyment?
    Real Life is Real Life. Real Life follows patterns and has variance but still has the basis of the pattern. A cat is born a cat and will ALWAYS be a cat no matter how "different" it is.
    What does the world being a living nightmare have to do with anything? It sucks, but it's still real. It actually means it's more real than sugar-coated stories like Lizzie.
    Bad does not equal non-real.
    Meaning real life is very real.
    TV shows are not real.
    Meaning TV shows cannot safely apply to things in the real word.
    Therefore you cannot use Lizzie McGuire plot as debatable evidence.
    My. last. word.

ANYWAYS

I like Ash, I really do. I did like him alot better when he was stupid, it makes him adorable.
    Even though he's changed a bit I still do like him, 'specially the change you can see around the Chimchar episodes and how strongly he feels about his pokemon shown when he gives a speech to Shinji.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    When I used to watch the anime, I didn't care too much, but now that I think about it, I do think something should be done about Ash. The episodes are getting so boring now. Basically all that happens is they travel through a forest/desert/etc., they save/capture a Pokémon, Ash gets a gym badge, and Team Rocket tries to capture Pikachu with some idiotic machine. I really think that if they start making the anime more like the Pokémon Adventures manga, the show will gain so much more popularity. Let's use characters for example:

Anime:
    Ash Ketchum
    At the start of the series, ten year old Ash is starting out as a beginner Pokémon trainer in Pallet Town, his hometown. After receiving Pikachu as a starter Pokémon from Professor Oak, Ash left Pallet Town to start his journey. Since his departure, Ash has traveled the World of Pokémon, competed in many challenges, and caught newer Pokémon.

Manga:
    Red
    While trying to catch a mischievous girl named Blue who stole his gym badges, Red discovers information on Team Rocket: They are trying to clone the rarest Pokémon in the world, Mew, as part of a plan to create an unstoppable Pokémon called Mewtwo. Green wants to meet Mew and capture it for profit. She meets Mew when battling Team Rocket, but she can only snap a quick picture of it before it leaves. Eventually, Red is obliged to team up with Blue and Green in order to beat Team Rocket's Elite, Lt. Surge, Koga, and Sabrina. After that, he saves a young girl from an attacking Rattata. Red faces off against the leader of Team Rocket, Giovanni, alone and manages to defeat him. He then goes head to head with Blue in the Pokémon League, emerges victorious, and thus attracts the attention of the Elite Four.

Red was actually the basis for Ash but which one sounds more interesting to you? Although, if they do someday start making the anime more like the manga, I would suggest better names. I mean, people don't actually have names like Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. :cer_tongue:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Ashbox's post is an example why the fans should never have a say concerning the show. It's completely unrealistic and a fanfiction all on its own.

I don't see why PokéSpecial is on such a high pedistal here either.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Seeing that it's a children's franchise about magical creatures I don't really see how it would make it better. Can you please explain your reason for thinking this?

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    *LISTEN TO THE FANS FOR ONCE!!!!!

No way. Your ideas are so absolutely horrible you obviously don't have a grasp on what the show's intended demographic is or what the show is about.

Please stop trying to turn Pokemon into your own personal fan fic.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    No way. Your ideas are so absolutely horrible you obviously don't have a grasp on what the show's intended demographic is or what the show is about.

Please stop trying to turn Pokemon into your own personal fan fic.

I don't know about Ashbox, but my reasonings for trying to change the show isn't for trying to make it into a fanfic. My reasonings were just to try and benefit the world.

Also, the ratings on DP and AG imply that even the intended demographic isn't boding too well by whats happening. I mean, I don't know about you, but I don't think a demographic that replaced the old generation quickly would diminish that quickly. The only way it could be possible is if Japan is receiving a severe birth decline and is approaching extinction, which isn't possible, anyways, as it's far too soon, and they are receiving plenty of medical benefits to have that happen. I mean, if this were the older fanbase, it's understandable, as they are maturing, and their views change. But this is the youngest demographic available, which is also the easiest to replace as time goes on, and thus, if even THAT is decreasing in ratings, that ultimately proves that the Show IS going downhill.

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
    I like Ash, I really do. I did like him alot better when he was stupid, it makes him adorable.
    Yeah, when he was stupid, it was a lot better. I enjoyed the earlier seasons, but now it's just getting stupid. They're pushing the seasons and episodes as far as they can to get money. It's not even interesting anymore. My mom is so happy because I used to be glued to the TV watching Pokemon, back when it had actual plotlines, and now I pass by it on the TV guide all the time.

I still watch the movies to see what they're like.

I also enjoy the new legendaries, but they really shouldn't have like five different "god" Pokemon, like Arceus/Mew/Ho-oh/Lugia/whatever. Just put regular element legendaries in and take out the god Pokemon.

So whenever my mom asks why I don't watch Pokemon anymore (she's really happy about that), I tell her "It just started going downhill, like Hilary Duff and Britney Spears."

So yeah :/

And if they made a whole new anime, new characters and everything, I'd like that.

Gars129

Is now focused on other things
    Years
    What if during the next series Ash takes a break from traveling and dedicates itself to being a frontier brain and helping Oak, grows up and Pikachu evolves. But something causes Ash to spring back into action. Along the way he meets his old friends.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    back when it had actual plotlines

Actual plotlines? The only actual plotline back then was winning the league and always has been since o.O And then they added contests. I suppose Team Galactic is part of the plotline, too.

My reasonings were just to try and benefit the world.

The only way it could be possible is if Japan is receiving a severe birth decline and is approaching extinction, which isn't possible, anyways, as it's far too soon, and they are receiving plenty of medical benefits to have that happen.

I'm sure someone out there must collect your quotes, they're pretty funny. Anyway, it's obvious that ratings will never be as high as the 1st series because it was a fad back then, and nothing stays as a fad for 11 years

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I'm sure someone out there must collect your quotes, they're pretty funny. Anyway, it's obvious that ratings will never be as high as the 1st series because it was a fad back then, and nothing stays as a fad for 11 years

well, yeah, it's obvious that it won't be as popular as it was in Kanto. The problem, however, lies in the fact that, according to the intel that Nickstr has found, both AG and DP are actually lower in ratings than even Johto (and that's saying a lot, considering how it seemed as though the majority of the fanbase hated that saga. [well, I didn't see anything wrong with it personally, but still...].).

Plus, the mere fact that it's at that rating despite having the most basic of target audiences implies that the show IS going downhill, seeing how these ratings, at least according to Pokeani/ANN, are even worse than Johto DESPITE the fact that it's target audience is easily replacable throughout time (meaning, they can easily repace the older generation with the newer generation.)

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Everyone, can we please stop arguing on here? Especially if you're going to get off-topic in your arguments. If that's the case, please take it to the PMs. =/

And, as if trying too hard to stay on-topic: Like I said, I hate Satoshi. >.> Utterly hate him. And the fact that he gets a new female teammate all the time. Maybe he should make Pikachu evolve, too.

*PrincessPika-chu*

Pokemon Lover
    Years
    Ash, I wouldn't say get rid of him, although he is really annoying. It's like throwing off Goku from DBZ or something. I miss the days with Ash and Misty, and them fighting and stuff. (What annoyed me in those days were Ash getting free badges) And he been on there for 10 or 11 years, but I am really sick of him for these reasons:

1. He doesn't evolve his pokemon, and when he does, he gets rid of them all. Then in the next region, he starts completely new. And he always says that he will visit his pokemon soon, but where is Charizard and Butterfree? Gone forever.
    2. We know what his team would be in each new region, he always have Pikachu, the starters, the starter bird, and a random pokemon that never evolves. Only one starter fully evolves.
    3. I really miss Misty, and why does he have to be the only one who is only after the badges, can we once see Dawn try for a badge? And why does everyone else not have to be a trainer after badges?
    4. Like everyone else is saying, he gets creamed at the Pokemon League.
    5. The story is always the same in each episode, he meets someone, the person is in some trouble, and Ash is always their hero. Can there be some other stuff to add to the story, like Who is Ash's father? Why in each game, we don't have a father?
    6. And the series gets more and more kiddy every year. So do the movies, with much doofy bad guys and stuff. I have almost every season on my PC, and there is a difference.

I watch the show whenever I see it on, but not like I used to as a child--waiting for it, not taking my eyes off the television. I usually like to see where Ash is in Japan, so we'll know how soon would the next new pokemon game would release in Japan.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    Well,if there was a new main hero,Poke'mon wouldn't feel the same to me. Truely,It would be nice to have another hero. I'm just not to keen on it.

bewbs

~Chloe~
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    It would be really different without Ash in, but if he's gone I can't ship with anyone new.

I'm not sick of him, I think he's alright. I sometimes do think that he's a secret womanizer and a gay boy attracter.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    He is kind of annoying at times, but it would be a terrible mistake to cut him off of the TV show. Ash and Pikachu have become sort of the symbol of Pokemon. To stop an ongoing Pokemon tradition that has been going on for 4 generations is just... :|

Years
    What if during the next series Ash takes a break from traveling and dedicates itself to being a frontier brain and helping Oak, grows up and Pikachu evolves. But something causes Ash to spring back into action. Along the way he meets his old friends.

That would be great IMO. Pokemon is getting worse and worse, and needs a change like this, without getting rid of Ash.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back