• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sick of Ash?

Should they...?

• Make Ash a less central character in the anime

Votes: 141 29.1%
  • Make a new anime series altogether

Votes: 186 38.4%
  • Keep it the same

Votes: 157 32.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Le_Avatar

Experienced Trainer & Breeder
    Years
    I really think that Ash's a complete failure as a trainer, and seeing his Pikachu so much really made me hate all kind of rodent pokes...
    Pretty sick of all those... Most of all about Pikachu blowing all and every pokes... I mean, how can this yellow rat own a ground type foe ?!?!

They should honestly try to improve and propose something new...

Main characters, their friends and all of their pokes should be something new whenever it gets to another country... And make some trainers win the E4 leagues and some don't... I mean, not everybody's good enough to be a great trainer.

I think it would get some more "realism". Even for an anime.

my 2 cents... ;)

Rena Ryuugu

はぅ〜
    Years
    And it would give hope to all the fans that one of the trainers might actually become a Pokemon Master in the near future.

I'm honestly angry that they changed Ash's voice. And it seems like if they can remove Misty from the show, they can remove Ash as well. They were both very central characters.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Guys! You know that they got a new actor for him, right?

Oh, really? I mean, they've only been here for about 2 years now.

I actually can't believe there are people wo are still annoyed, I think his voice is great now. It's because it's different, rather than bad people are complaning, I'm sure.

Nah. I like Ash, why the heck would anyone want to replace him?

And no offense to anyone, but I didn't like Pokemon Chronicles. The epsiodes without Jimmy and Brock and Misty, at least. They were just....boooooring. :/ The theme song for that series wasn't exactly awesome either.

At last, I've found someone who agrees! I can't believe I wasted my money on the chronicles DVDs, they're so boring. I only like the Christmas one (me and my sister find it funny, but we don't think it's supposed to be XD) and the Meowth one's, but that's only because I like Meowth and I don't even think they're that great...it was just a bunch of random events

Honestly, I'm surprised that Ash even lasted this long as the main character. (They knocked off Misty in a heartbeat. D:)

She was in 275 episodes...that's quite a long heartbeat you have hehe. While Brock was kicked off about 90 episodes in.

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
    Years
    Same stories everytime he starts a new journey.

Ash fries girls bike, girl follows him everywhere.
    Brock shows up and flirts with every girl in sight.
    Pikachu acts like a pimp, ofc.
    Ash loses a gym, "learns something from the experience".
    Ash captures 6 Pokémon and bearly ever evolves them because he sux.
    Ash loses, obviously.

Seriously, nothing new. I do enjoy watching the anime occasionally but i personally thought the first series was the best. I mean Ash got threatened with a gun! :D

Ash: EVERYTHING REVOLVES AROUND ME AND MY GAY LOV- I mean best friend Pikachu, And no i wont evolve my pokemon because i suck badly.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    @Kozoi: Ash doesn't fry bikes, Brock doesn't flirt with every girl, Pikachu was a pimp since when?

Spoiler:

Get some facts straight.:P

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
    Years
    Not really, look at his Staravia, Turtwig, Chimchar, Pikachu, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Bayleaf, Totodile, Cyndaquil, ect.

I personally disagree with everything you have just said there. Pikachu always ends up frieing everyones bikes. Happened with Misty, May and Dawn's bikes.

Also, it is confirmed that Pikachu is a pimp. Pikachu does keep his pimp hand strong with Misty.

And yeah, Brock does flirt with every girl then he fails epicly.

Years
    Well I'm not necessarily tired of Satosh(i)-kun, =P I might go on but you know Satoshi has been there since the beginning of the Anime, so fans might get turned off. But hey there always the eye-candy (Hikari-san) so who can get tired of the Contests and anime. =/ LOL.

@Kozoi: Ash doesn't fry bikes, Brock doesn't flirt with every girl, Pikachu was a pimp since when?

Spoiler:

Get some facts straight.:P

Oh yeah, but everytime I start talking about the anime "they" always equate it to the first season which gets me angry and start ranting about the awesomeness of PokeSpe!

Last edited:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    He flirts with older women that aren't a grandma's age. Notice, some pokémon you mentioned are evolved, I won't comment on the pimp comment.

Pikachu fries bikes not Ash. I was correcting you.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Not really, look at his Staravia, Turtwig, Chimchar, Pikachu, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Bayleaf, Totodile, Cyndaquil, ect.

Spoiler:

And Staravia is evolved and Pikachu is evolved...but Ash didn't evolve it. The old starters will probably never evolve because the Johto ones are ignored and Squirtle and Bulbasaur have the nostalgia-factor.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2013
    Spoiler:

And Staravia is evolved and Pikachu is evolved...but Ash didn't evolve it. The old starters will probably never evolve because the Johto ones are ignored and Squirtle and Bulbasaur have the nostalgia-factor.

also to add to this

Spoiler:

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    also to add to this

Spoiler:

Do you know that for sure? :cer_shifty: Because if that's really true, I'm gonna be one happy girl.

Team Rocket. Meowth needs to get stronger and learn some kick ass moves. and Jessie and James need to train and get some more Pokemon and actually be some badass villains rather than the butt of every joke ._.

My thoughts exactly-kind of. :cer_tongue:

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
    Aha I have it Figured out with TR
    Team Rocket is incompetent because Pikachu fried their brains one too many times.

This actually makes sense when you think about it. In the beginning, the Team Rocket trio were sinister, ruthless and fairly competent if overconfident. But after having the living daylights shocked outta them by Pikachu in the second episode, they became obsessed with capturing it and steadily lost intelligence from repeated shocks, but as a result became a bit nicer.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Aha I have it Figured out with TR
    Team Rocket is incompetent because Pikachu fried their brains one too many times.

This actually makes sense when you think about it. In the beginning, the Team Rocket trio were sinister, ruthless and fairly competent if overconfident. But after having the living daylights shocked outta them by Pikachu in the second episode, they became obsessed with capturing it and steadily lost intelligence from repeated shocks, but as a result became a bit nicer.

That totally explains a LOT. xDDDDD :laugh:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I'll NEVER get sick of Ash...I mean cmon...he is so AWESOME!!!!

Years
    yeah, without ash it all just sorta falls apart. although for wanting to be a pokemon master he's doing a pretty terrible job, i mean other then defeating team rocket he doesnt exactly win too many battles overwhelmingly. gym leaders give him badges for being "a good competitor" and its been that way since kanto. i wish he'd get some sweeter pokemon too, maybe a rhypherior, or a tangrowth, just something that isnt so... common.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'd love a completely new series, with a new cast.. IF it were a side-story, or short 26 episode series. I say that because I don't believe they should ditch Ash and his friends, but I'd like it if there was something new, at least for a little while. Maybe they bring another character into the main cast with Ash, as well.. that would be neat. & Somehow have that character take a bit of the spotlight for awhile. It would give me more of a reason to actually watch D/P, which is something I don't normally do. I really want to see a seperate D/P series, where you follow Kouki instead of Ash, too. <3

月Star

私の中心で照るこ? ??。
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    I'd love a completely new series, with a new cast.. IF it were a side-story, or short 26 episode series. I say that because I don't believe they should ditch Ash and his friends, but I'd like it if there was something new, at least for a little while. Maybe they bring another character into the main cast with Ash, as well.. that would be neat. & Somehow have that character take a bit of the spotlight for awhile. It would give me more of a reason to actually watch D/P, which is something I don't normally do. I really want to see a seperate D/P series, where you follow Kouki instead of Ash, too. <3

neat idea :D

It would be nice if they had two separte journey's going on. For example, they had Ash and his friends in a few episodes, then they turn to another character's point of view for a few more episodes. Switch it a little, so they don't completely loose Ash.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back