• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sick of Ash?

Should they...?

• Make Ash a less central character in the anime

Votes: 141 29.1%
  • Make a new anime series altogether

Votes: 186 38.4%
  • Keep it the same

Votes: 157 32.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • There is one thing i rembered about Ash that pisses me off is we all no where he comes from he dosent have to say it over and over again Im sick of everyone just saying there names but ash saying im ash from pallet town (im not sure if this is in all the regions but it is very annoying during the hohen arc)

Euphoric Magikarp

Magikarp ~<3
    Years
  • I remember when I was little I expected Ash to be replaced when the Johto story started, I was looking forward to it. I actually can't stand him and if he were replaced i'd probably start watching the anime more.

Years
  • I think Ash is okay as the main character, the storyline however is boring and needs changes...

Drawicia

the artist of evil
    Years
  • I'm starting to really hate Ash.

1. the name. stu-pid
    2. everything has to be about him
    3. he is stupid. period
    4. no one else gets to be the star

i mean in the prince of the sea May was the one that hatched the Manaphy egg. SHE should have been the main focus in that movie. but Ash had to be the one who saves the day in the end!

Luna Altaire

Trainer of Moonlight
    Years
  • He IS really getting annoying now. He always is SO stupid now and can't recognize Team Rocket, for one (come on, they recognized them in the FIRST season! >_>), and two, he still doesn't have a crush on anyone :P

Also, the fact that a girl voices him is quite frankly creepy 0_o

Years
  • RedJ's say on Ash as main

Okay, he is annoying now. He gets older, in fact now he's 13 or 14, but he gets more and more immature with each series instead of growing up...I mean, he always travels with a girl, so why hasnt he expressed the least bit if interest in one of them yet? And dont say that May and Dawn are 10, because they are not. I wont say how I know this because I dont want to get into trouble.

But I think that if they got rid f Ash entirely, that would be the end of Pokemon. Because once the anime ends, and even if they start a new one, then eventually the whole thing will die. But I think after Diamond and Pearl, he should have to do some Worldwide League or something, and then it ends one of these ways:

1. Ash battles Giovanni and it is revealed that Giovanni is Ash's father...but that would be a bit lame.
    2. Ash fights the Pokemon Master, and it turns out to be his Dad. And for suspense, It be the final round.
    Ash: PIKACHU! THUNDERSHOCK!
    Ashs Fater tells whatever Pokemon he has to attack
    BOOM!
    WHO WILL WIN? We will never know, the end.
    And just as a fun fact, do you all know we're techniacllyin Episode 2 of Pokemon? Every episode ends with To Be Continued except for when Ash leaves for Sinnoh, which ends with 'Next Time....the adventure continues'

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Also, the fact that a girl voices him is quite frankly creepy 0_o

Women usually voice young boys because mens' voices are too deep. Rika Matsumoto is great as Satoshi

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hmm...

Women usually voice young boys because mens' voices are too deep. Rika Matsumoto is great as Satoshi

Why of course Rika is great as Satoshi-kun. That's why I'm hoping if they ever make a PokeSpe anime, Rika would voice Red-San.

I have no problem with the English VA's. It's the repetitive Plot that gets on peoples nerves. =/

Years
  • Ash has been the hero through all the seasons of Pokemon, and they really need a new hero. Ash is getting totally annoying. The entire anime revolves around him, though not as much as it used to. That's why I liked the tenth move; Ash and Dawn got to be heroes, not just Ash, like in Pokemon 2000.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
  • Okay, he is annoying now. He gets older, in fact now he's 13 or 14, but he gets more and more immature with each series instead of growing up...I mean, he always travels with a girl, so why hasnt he expressed the least bit if interest in one of them yet? And dont say that May and Dawn are 10, because they are not. I wont say how I know this because I dont want to get into trouble.

Actually, he's probably a bit older than that (he was about 12 by the end of Johto, I think). He's probably somewhere around fifteen. Also, I wouldn't say he's getting more immature. Sure, he's dense, but he certainly isn't growing more child-like. He is maturing, I think. Dawn is ten, the first episode (in the English dub, at least) of D/P says so. And, Ash is much too focused on battling and becoming a Pokemon Master to think about personal relationships that would probably just complicate things.

...But that's another conversation.

I personally will lose interest if they get rid of the current characters completely. I can live without Ash (so long as he shows up every so often), but if the story were to focus on Max's journey (with the Ralts and everything?) with Ash occasionally stopping by, that's be fine. So, I wouldn't mind the focus being taken off Ash at all, but I don't mind if it remains on him.

Years
  • Actually, he's probably a bit older than that (he was about 12 by the end of Johto, I think). He's probably somewhere around fifteen. Also, I wouldn't say he's getting more immature. Sure, he's dense, but he certainly isn't growing more child-like. He is maturing, I think. Dawn is ten, the first episode (in the English dub, at least) of D/P says so. And, Ash is much too focused on battling and becoming a Pokemon Master to think about personal relationships that would probably just complicate things.

...But that's another conversation.

I personally will lose interest if they get rid of the current characters completely. I can live without Ash (so long as he shows up every so often), but if the story were to focus on Max's journey (with the Ralts and everything?) with Ash occasionally stopping by, that's be fine. So, I wouldn't mind the focus being taken off Ash at all, but I don't mind if it remains on him.
    Well, I think the age is different in the Pokemon World...where as they are considered 10 in that world, they're actually 13. Maybe they grow faster, or something like that. But various 10 year olds in the series DO NOT act like they're 10. Nor do they look it. but lets not change the subject, shall we?

I think Ash should at least appear occasionally. I think that if Ash and Pikachu were gone completely, the series would flop and then it would create a domino effect, taking all of Pokemon with it. I personally would like to see a Pokemon Special anime

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
  • If it was me, I'd like a completely new series but with the old charas (but please not one of the new girls...I prefer Kasumi).
    I'm thinking about a little more mature version of Pokemon with a completely logical storyline without errors, maturing characters and a stronger and more serious Team Rocket (serious not completely evil) but still with Musashi and Kojiro (And Meowth)
    I'd like more character focussed episodes then, like in Pokemon chronicles.
    They could also make the storyline more interesting in general. I mean, it always happens the same and the end is also clear from the beginning.
    They could add a past to the main charas. Although Satoshi is the main chara, we don't know anything about his past (his father or so).
    They could make a special series which is more mature and realistic...I mean, the series surely is for kids but there are a lot of older fans out there, too...It's strange that they fight and nobody ever gets hurt seriously (except the very first episode) or at least the Pokemon...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    The only things i'm sick of are:

1. Him and his friends giving Team Rocket more than they deserve.
    2. Him losing any canon(video game region) Pokemon League (Kanto - Richie, Johto - Harrison, Hoenn - Tyson).
    3. His endless character development over things that are hardly an issue or things that have been covered thousands of times.

Years
  • If it was me, I'd like a completely new series but with the old charas (but please not one of the new girls...I prefer Kasumi).
    I'm thinking about a little more mature version of Pokemon with a completely logical storyline without errors, maturing characters and a stronger and more serious Team Rocket (serious not completely evil) but still with Musashi and Kojiro (And Meowth)
    I'd like more character focussed episodes then, like in Pokemon chronicles.
    They could also make the storyline more interesting in general. I mean, it always happens the same and the end is also clear from the beginning.
    They could add a past to the main charas. Although Satoshi is the main chara, we don't know anything about his past (his father or so).
    They could make a special series which is more mature and realistic...I mean, the series surely is for kids but there are a lot of older fans out there, too...It's strange that they fight and nobody ever gets hurt seriously (except the very first episode) or at least the Pokemon...
    Which is why the good lord made Pokemon Chronicles in the first place, but no, due to the repetiveness of the original, Pokemon has lost fans. Leaving the now brainless younger generation to love the repetitive series, while the few older fans watch Chronicles...and guess which had the most ratings?

I liked Chronicles- and when it started out with Gold and Crystal (cant for the life of me remember thheir names in the anime), I thought the series would revolve around them...but it didnt. But I loved it, and like most other good anime shows lately, they cancel it.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I liked Chronicles- and when it started out with Gold and Crystal (cant for the life of me remember thheir names in the anime), I thought the series would revolve around them...but it didnt. But I loved it, and like most other good anime shows lately, they cancel it.

Their names are Kenta and Marina.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back