• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Silcoon and Cascoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

VGI

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2005
    I'm not really sure if anyone has come up with an explanation for there evolutions - but just incase - I've studied the evolution of Cascoon and Silcoon and I've come up with a few explanations for it. 1 - Day, afternoon, or night: pretty much the happiness evolution for Eevee into Espeon or Umbreon. 2 - This one concerns the evolution of Nincada. The party control of your pokemon, to get a Silcoon should be 3 or below. I tried the 2nd explanation today, and i now have both a Silcoon and a Cascoon both evolving from a Wurmple. Even if this is already known to our thick heads, I still wanted to atleast talk about it. Has anyone managed to find out the evolutions of Wurmple?

trjessie579

Rocket Member
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jan 24, 2008
    Do you mean that you're getting a different evolution from the SAME Wurmple, with a different number of Pokemon in your party?

If so, that's HUGE news.

WidowMaker

Horizons
    Years
    If so, that is strange. The game could also be randomly determining its evolutions by your Pokemon's ID tag. I've noticed one number randomly changes in your Pokemon's ID when reloading a save.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    I heard it was determined by the "Nature value" and that Pokemons IV calculated in a certain formula...
    If it's "Nature value" x 10% > or = 5, it's a Silcoon.
    If it's "Nature value" x 10% < 5, it's a Cascoon.

It also seems like if this Nature value is odd or even , it effects which Trait your Pokemon gets, if it has 2 Traits avaliable to it.

Strange thing is that I only ever read of "nature values" in Japanese Pokemon sites, and not on any English ones, so I still question its existance.
    (But then again, it might be because I don't read a great deal of English guides)

The Japanese site I got the info from.
    It might catch someones interest.

Last edited:

jayh272416

Flareon lover
    Years
    sorry for reviving this thread

Heres what my guide says

"Evolution depends on GENDER and PERSONALITY"

So those 2 are the factors.

Status
    Not open for further replies.