• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silhouette Shenanigans

Years
  • This game is based on 'Who's That Pokemon?', which was once in the anime (idk if it still is, I stopped watching the Pokemon anime a long time ago lol).

Rules/How To Play:
    There are 24 silhouettes on the picture. 3 for each generation of pokemon. These 2 facts are your only hints initially. If a guess is incorrect, I will post a pokedex entry for that mon, to give you an additional hint! But, only once for each mon on the pic! The pokedex entry can be from any game the pokemon has a pokedex entry in!
    When all 24 have been guessed correctly, a new pic with a set of 24 silhouettes will go up, along with the reveal picture of the old set of 24 as well! Each silhouette can be any currently existing mon! Legendaries, mythicals, baby mons, regional forms, alternate forms/styles!

One round will be 10 pictures and, within a round, there are no repeat mons. Unless that mon has a regional/alternate form or alternate style(s), in which case the other form or style can still show up as well! Maybe even in the same picture... ;)
    Important note: Regional forms count for the generation they were introduced in! As such Galar Slowking would be 1 of the 3 gen 8 silhouettes, not gen 2!
    When a new round starts, it starts from scratch! All previously used mons are fair game again!

Since I'm the game's host, I can't participate for obvious reasons. I will periodically check in to confirm or deny a guess to be correct (at least once every 2 days, but I'll aim for at least once a day). There is no need to wait for me to confirm or deny if a guess is correct, but try not to repeat guessing a certain number unless you know for sure the previous guess for that number is false! Make sure you let someone else guess a mon before guessing again!

To play the game, just look at the picture and pick a number of which you think you know what pokemon it is. You can only guess 1 mon on the pic at a time!
    However, you can pick any number that hasn't been correctly guessed yet!
    I will put a text list (under each picture) of mons that have been correctly guessed, so make sure you take a look at it =)
    No need to start at 1,2,3, etc. If you think you know number 17 and it hasn't been guessed yet, then just guess number 17!
    For example:
    Reply 1:
    Number 17 = Arctozolt!
    Reply 2:
    Pretty sure Number 12 = Gothita....
    Reply 3:
    Number 18 is Mewtwo!

Round silhouette:
    For each round there is 1 cut up silhouette that will be revealed, piece by piece, for each pic of 24 that gets completed! The round picture is cut up into 9 pieces, and starts off with only 1 piece revealed. Guessing this mon is allowed as soon as 3 pieces of the round picture are revealed.
    Once the round mon has 3 pieces revealed, you can guess what it is alongside your guess for the normal pic of 24 silhouettes. For example:
    'Number 12 is Reshiram.
    Pretty sure the round mon is Slowking.'

Score:
    Each correct guess gets you 10 points. If multiple people guess the same mon correctly, only the person to guess it correctly first gets the points! You start with 0 points.
    Guessing the round mon correctly will earn you 100 points!

The leaderboard for this game will be at the bottom of this post.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Round 1:
    Round picture:
    Silhouette Shenanigans

Round 1, Picture 1:
    Silhouette Shenanigans

Correctly guessed mons:
    1 =
    2 =
    3 =
    4 =
    5 =
    6 =
    7 =
    8 =
    9 =
    10 =
    11 =
    12 =
    13 =
    14 =
    15 =
    16 =
    17 =
    18 =
    19 =
    20 =
    21 =
    22 =
    23 =
    24 =

----Placeholder (and completed pics will be put in spoilers)-------
    Round 1, Picture 2:
    Round 1, Picture 3:
    Round 1, Picture 4:
    Round 1, Picture 5:
    Round 1, Picture 6:
    Round 1, Picture 7:
    Round 1, Picture 8:
    Round 1, Picture 9:
    Round 1, Picture 10:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leaderboard:
    Spoiler:

Edit: removed losing points for guessing falsely. Didn't seem like a good idea in retrospect.

Attachments

• Silhouette Shenanigans
      grid01-shades.png
      37.8 KB · Views: 10
    • Silhouette Shenanigans
      Round1.png
      5.1 KB · Views: 10
    Last edited:
    Years
  • #1 Looks like Kangaskhan to me.

I would like to guess the others, but I'm not quite sure if I'm allowed to take a crack at different mons at once, so I'll start with the first one for now.

Years
  • I thought this format would lend itself better for Forum games.
    I was originally gonna put up 1 pic a week though and everyone could just guess all. You're the first to reply/try this.

I can swap back to the original format in case of lack of interest or if people prefer it that way. (Feel free to indicate if you would prefer the original guess all once a week)

Back on topic:

You are correct!
    Correctly guessed mons:
    1 = Kangaskhan

Back