• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Silhouette Unveiled!

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

It's definitely the "bird Pokemon you can catch at the beginning of the game".

Hey, that Mukkuru sprite looks way different than this Mukkuru sprite. Either one is female and the other is male.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    aragornbird said:

It's definitely the "bird Pokemon you can catch at the beginning of the game".

Hey, that Mukkuru sprite looks way different than this Mukkuru sprite. Either one is female and the other is male.

Or that pic is from it's animation when you first run into it, since the trainer is still there and there's no text on the screen.

Years
    I'm actually sort of disappointed in this pokemon; I don't dislike it, but it's just that it's yet another plainly-colored normal/flying bird...

Hmm. Though I wasn't expecting it to be too much more than that, actually. I will say that I do kinda like the markings on it.

Now if only they'd show what the other pokemon is supposed to be - I'm more interested in that one.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2008
    Well, I think it's good that not every new Pokemon in this generation is going to be totally alien in design. That's partly the reason a lot of people got turned off during the G/S/C generation, since a lot of the new species unveiled were just considered "too weird".

Years
    I disappointed as well. It's not going to be much better than Pidgey, nor will it get many new/stronger moves. I don't have a problem with it, it's just someting better could've taken its place.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    The sprite Aragornbird gave a link to reminds me of Pidgey's sprite from Pokémon Red and Blue. O.o

I'm dissapointed to see we have yet another plain looking Normal/Flying type. I don't have anything against that thing, but it's just too plain for my taste. As Aragornbird already said, the other one is probaly female and the other one is male.
    Or that pic is from it's animation when you first run into it, since the trainer is still there and there's no text on the screen.
    How do you explain the brown wings that the other sprite doesn't have, then?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    I am disappointed also. I was being facetous with my post about the RBY.....errrrrrr DP starters, but with a Normal/Flying-type that you can get early in the game confirmed, my sarcasm is slowly becoming realized. I guess we can count on a Bug-type (or two) that has a cacoon evolution and evolves into its final pathetic form at Lv10. Another missed opportunity.

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    I unlike most people am not disapointed... Why? Well with the reintroduction of Day/Night, I have a feeling this Pokemon can evolve in different ways. Either way you always need a good bird Pokemon for the beginning of your journey, and thats a fact :p

Also, after watching a video showing the starters I am pretty confident that there will be animations.

Virage

Hero of Time
    Years
    I just wanna say, about the two differant sprites, they could look a little differant in P than in D.

Plateface

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2007
    Exaclty what I was thinking.

I have to say, I remember reading through a Corocoro about April i think and it had Weavile and Munchlax in very different poses compared to those jumping around Bulbapedia and Serebii.

We could possibly be seeing the coolest thing in a Pokemon game seeing a variant pose for each version.

I hate animated encounters.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Uhh, Gold and Silver pokemon had different poses respectively.

And yeah I hate animated encounters too - they take up valuable playing time. But the good thing is that it seems like the animation occurs while the battle is beginning (instead of everything getting into place, then having the animation play, y'know what I mean).

Crysta Blade

Shooty Refutey
    Years
    Meh, the early Normal/Flying. But it is kind of cute though. Also, from the image aragornbird gave a link to, it looks like a Pokémon's types will be displayed in the Pokédex.

Virage

Hero of Time
    Years
    [ray.z] said:
    Uhh, Gold and Silver pokemon had different poses respectively.

And yeah I hate animated encounters too - they take up valuable playing time. But the good thing is that it seems like the animation occurs while the battle is beginning (instead of everything getting into place, then having the animation play, y'know what I mean).
    There might be a way to turn off the animation. Kinda like how you turn the battle animation off.

Twiin

Wandering Nomad
    Years
    You all knew we'd get a D/P Pidgey or Taillow!
    This one looks alright, it seems to be based on a starling... I hope it's evolved form(s) will look cool, and have some interesting attacks, too.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    This one looks alright, it seems to be based on a starling... I hope it's evolved form(s) will look cool, and have some interesting attacks, too
    Yeah, me too. But by the looks of it, it'll be Pidgeot-ish with average stats, limited movepool and whatnot. =\ Of course I could be wrong, but the birds at the beggining tend to be like that. The only good one of them (To some extent.) is Swellow.

Flamman

still n00b, working on it!
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2018
    it has a new move called brave bird. what it does is not yet known. it was on serebii

Back