• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    They're too used to Regice and Regirock. >.>

I haven't checked Regirock's base def, but his highest is 500 isn't it? Plus Regice serves another purpose I never pay much attention to nowadays.

As you can see, I don't know much when it comes to the Regis. I need to lurk moar.

~~~

Uh yea, anyone have any suggestions for my Roserade moveset I posted last page?

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    Well registeel has rather low attacking abilities and low speed so its not well rounded

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Yeah but Registeel doesn't need to attack. It has Earthquake and Toxic...what more does it need?

Also Regice and Regirock have pidedly defensive typing compared to Registeel and Registeel is actually the most balanced out of all the regis :0

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    Yeah but Registeel doesn't need to attack. It has Earthquake and Toxic...what more does it need?

Also Regice and Regirock have pidedly defensive typing compared to Registeel and Registeel is actually the most balanced out of all the regis :0

True that it is the most balanced but it seems people want the pokes with the highest stats. Regice can get 548 in SpDef and Regirock can get 548 in Def. Maybe they just think one higher stat = better poke

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I doubt that, as the people I'm talking about are generally good players who think Registeel sucks and I don't get why.

honestly the only two things against it are lack of attacking power and crippling weaknesses. People use Cresselia and it has lol special attack and also is weak to pursuit so I just don't get it :0

I mean it has over 10 resistances I believe :0

Harpuia

Dunlop? who's that?
    Years
    I never even knew that people hated registeel.....but maybe he is. the only regi I have seen online is regirock.....I don't really know they all seem the same to me

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Um the Regis are all totally different.

Not to sound like a jerk but anybody who actually knows the reason why (as opposed to guessing) could you please step forward?

This has been something that's been bugging me for awhile now so I need a good answer here.

I appreciate the contributions but you guys don't seem to know...

Harpuia

Dunlop? who's that?
    Years
    I never even knew that people hated registeel.....but maybe he is. the only regi I have seen online is regirock.....I don't really know they all seem the same to me
    maybe I should of done that.....anyways who hates him? I don't think anyone actually hates him they just don't use him

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I did say I meant that people think he sucks, not literally hating Registeel.

Um before this gets spammy somebody answer :0 I really haven't found any viable case against why people think Registeel sucks totally.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    Registeel@Leftovers
    Impish/Careful Nature
    EVs: 252 HP, 114 Def, 144 Sp Def (with Impish) 252 HP, 144 Def, 114 Sp Def (with Careful)
    -Toxic
    -Thunderwave/Focus Punch
    -Earthquake
    -Explosion

I like Registeel, in fact once I reset for a good one, I'm gonna use the above set.

And I believe it's the weaknesses to Ground and Fighting why it isn't used as much as say Skarmory who resists both of them

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Skarm doesn't resist fighting actually, but yeah it takes it nuetral.

Though IMO the second slot should be more Stealth Rock than thunder Wave unless your team needs para support in which case I'd get rid of Toxic.

Also Ice Punch is just plain fun for Outraging Scarfchomp.

But yeah, I've been plotting a Registeel team for a few wqeaks and have a feel for its movepool, which BTW isn't THAT bad. also I sense Cresselia would work well with Registeel as it resists Fighting and is immune to Ground. Game Over.

Seriously though I love Registeel. I've always had a soft spot for the legendary trios (until that new one came along...)

Ársa

k.
    Years
    Yep, Regigigigigigigigigigas just ruined them. Talk about a bad Ability, not to mention it cannot learn rest, so that decent Def stat goes out the window when it cannot heal... >_<

~T_S

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Moltres is the best Sunny Day user out there IMO.It wastes everything, including Blissey and other special walls barring Snorlax.

If Moltres is too tough to get or for some reason you can't use it, Kingdra Eggy would work.

EDIT:

Yep, Regigigigigigigigigigas just ruined them. Talk about a bad Ability, not to mention it cannot learn rest, so that decent Def stat goes out the window when it cannot heal... >_<

~T_S

Um that still doesn't answer my question. What does Regigigas have to do with anything?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Yes, Exdhgbjg (I can't spell it's name but you got it right)

Well Ninjask sets it up really fast and can pass a speed boost real quick. and you can sweep with whatever you want.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Would Roserade do? I'd like to use it over Exeggutor, and I'm limiting myself to only two Grass types (who do think the second is?)

Any others besides Ninjask? Perferably one not weak to Fire.

Roserade works.

Moltres isn't weak to fire :(

I'm going to say Infernape (if you can get it) which will shut down waters that try and beat it somewhat. Meh, I'm not too sure, I'd get a second opinion.

Right now I'm enjoying my snow day ^_^

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Roserade works.

Moltres isn't weak to fire :(

I'm going to say Infernape (if you can get it) which will shut down waters that try and beat it somewhat. Meh, I'm not too sure, I'd get a second opinion.

Right now I'm enjoying my snow day ^_^

I just plain can't obtain it :(

For the team, I'm planning

Vileplume
    Roserade
    Ninetails/Arcanine
    Grumpig/Snorlax
    Forretress/Physical wall of some sort
    Physical Sweeper of some sort
    Shukle (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......HAHAHAHAHHA)

I gotta run to a test in Math.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back