• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    i just hatched a lvl 5 dratini, and i gave it some HP Ups, Zinc, Protien, etc.
    but it's stats didn't rise at all! is there a certain level when i should use these items?

Years
    corganzero said:
    i just hatched a lvl 5 dratini, and i gave it some HP Ups, Zinc, Protien, etc.
    but it's stats didn't rise at all! is there a certain level when i should use these items?
    The drugs give you EVs, you might not notice it but they really affect how your stats grow

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    It really doesn't matter, unless you plan on battling with it at the earliest possible level. There is absolutely no difference between feeding a Lv45 wild Poke vitamins and feeding a Lv5 Poke vitamins.

As for the patrick's question about the braille. It is different between RS and Emerald. #1 Latias provided the RS version, so I will provide the Emerald version:

Once you are in the Sealed Chamber, go all the way to the back of the room and there the braille reads: "FIRST COMES WAILORD. LAST COMES RELICANTH." Place Wailord first in your party, and Relicanth last. Once this is done, you will hear three doors open and now you can find the three stooges.

Desert Ruins - Regirock (this is where the Mirage Island was)

At the bottom of this route you will see a cave with a door. Go inside and to the back of the room. The braille here reads: "LEFT, LEFT, DOWN, DOWN. THEN, USE ROCK SMASH." Do that from that exact spot and the door opens to go meet Regirock.

Island Cave - Regice (Route 105)

Fly to Petalburg, head west to the beach. Surf west to the island, and then walk around the trees. Head north to find the cave. Go to the back of the cave and the braille there says: "STAY CLOSE TO THE WALL. RUN AROUND ONE LAP." Do that and the door opens to catch Regice.

Ancient Tomb - Registeel (Route 120)

Fly to Lilycove City and head as far west as possible until you hit the stairs next to the girl who gives you a berry every day. Go up the stairs, through some tall grass, and up another set of stairs. Further north is the cave. Go to the back and read the braille that says: "THOSE WHO INHERIT OUR WILL, SHINE IN THE MIDDLE." Go to the middle of the room and use FLASH. The door opens and Registeel is yours.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    shanecdavis said:
    It really doesn't matter, unless you plan on battling with it at the earliest possible level. There is absolutely no difference between feeding a Lv45 wild Poke vitamins and feeding a Lv5 Poke vitamins.

really?
    because i thought that you can feed more vitamins to a lower level before it displays "it won't have any effect."
    i guess i was wrong.
    thanks!

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Yes you are wrong. You can only feed vitamins to a Poke until they have 100 EV points in that stat. That is typically 10 vitamins, unless you have already done some EV training and then it will be less.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    #1 Latias said:
    You mean the underwater place?

If you're in the first room (just out of the water), go all the way to the end of the room with braille on the wall, and use Dig.

On to the next room.

Get Relicanth first in your party, and Wailord last, and press A at the Braille at he very end of the chamber. There should be a rumbling.

Now the three tombs are open.

Regirock (Tomb in Desert)
    Go all the way to top. Go 2 steps right, 2 steps down, then use Strength. The door should open.

Regice (Tomb northwest of Dewford)
    Go to the end of the room, wait about 2 min, door should open.

Registeel (Tomb on Plareau in Rt. 120)
    Go to dead center of the room, use fly, door should open.

'Hope that helps, andrew!

ooh er i dont have dig.....where can i get the TM for it? Where do I get a Relicanth? and i dont really understand the tomb stuff :-/

I guess its gunna be a long time until I get any of the Regi generation....

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    andrewv42 said:
    ooh er i dont have dig.....where can i get the TM for it? Where do I get a Relicanth? and i dont really understand the tomb stuff :-/

I guess its gunna be a long time until I get any of the Regi generation....
    The fossil maniac's house directly west of Fallarbor town is where you get TM28 Dig...the little kid inside the house gives it to you. I had to trade a Diglett over from Fire Red because I lost the TM. :\

Relicanth can be found by diving underwater on Route 124, and you can find higher lvl Wailmers (lv.38ish) which you can evolve into Wailords by Super-Rod fishing on Route 129.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    shanecdavis said:
    Yes you are wrong. You can only feed vitamins to a Poke until they have 100 EV points in that stat. That is typically 10 vitamins, unless you have already done some EV training and then it will be less.

so then, the reason why some of my pokemon would only take a few and some would take a lot of vitamins might be that i've done some unintentional EV training....

thanks!

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Corrrect. EVERY time you battle and defeat a Poke, any of your Pokes that were involved in that battle will earn EV points, depending on the Poke that you battled. For example, every Zubat that you battle and defeat will earn every Poke involved in that battle 1 Speed EV.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    ~Patrick~ said:
    The fossil maniac's house directly west of Fallarbor town is where you get TM28 Dig...the little kid inside the house gives it to you. I had to trade a Diglett over from Fire Red because I lost the TM. :\

Relicanth can be found by diving underwater on Route 124, and you can find higher lvl Wailmers (lv.38ish) which you can evolve into Wailords by Super-Rod fishing on Route 129.

I have a wailord (lvl 87) I've been training it for 2 months lol. I searched route 124 surf AND dive for 3 hours and all I saw was the random Tentacool and Clamperl (and a Latios which excaped)

I know that a lvl 41 Trapinch learns dig so I'll train one up. Once again ill say i dont understand the tomb stuff

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    andrewv42 said:
    I have a wailord (lvl 87) I've been training it for 2 months lol. I searched route 124 surf AND dive for 3 hours and all I saw was the random Tentacool and Clamperl (and a Latios which excaped)
    For Relicanth you have to Dive underwater and search in the Seaweed areas. I found mines on Route 124, but the Pokedex says it can also be found on Routes 125, & 126 through Diving.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    I just search the underwater area in front of Sootopolis. It took me a week to find it. The book says it's like a 5% encounter rate so dont give up! :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    andrewv42 said:

I know that a lvl 41 Trapinch learns dig so I'll train one up. Once again ill say i dont understand the tomb stuff

If you managed to find Latios in just 3 hours then you should have no problem finding Relicanth with about 2. Good luck.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    actually I encountered at least 1000 wild animals, and Latios shifts after each battle remember? And as #1 Latias had mentioned, the find rate for relicanth is 5%. Thanks for the help! After the relicanth all i have o do is train nincada.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Reply to what? There is no mystery to the Eon Ticket. Please be more specific about you are asking so that we may help you better.

Grand:::Master:-:420

The Ultimate Trainer(TUT)
    Years
    I want to know what I am supposed to do with it. I used the shark and it does not not allow me totravel anywhere with it. can any one give me tips on how to use it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back