• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    I never actually talked to him twice in arow thatnks. I am in the Midst of Owning at the moment. "Steven just keep using Metal Claw and we'll win"
    is what i'm yelling out at the moment.

haha, the battle is essentially meant for you to put a smack down on Tabitha while Steven takes care of Maxie.

I still don't know why they retired Steven as the Champion and put Wallace in his place... Steven was awesome beyond awesome. And it was nice knowing that a fellow Steel fan was the final showdown! But you can still battle him at Meteor Falls, and in that role he's probably the most powerful trainer (besides Red in G/S/C) of all the Pokemon games. His highest Pokemon is a 77, and I forget what Red's highest Pokemon is... wasn't it in the 80's?

But what is with the battle music when you do fight Steven? It's the music normally used with your Rival, but using it with Steven? it's not menacing AT ALL. At least Maxie/Archie's music let you know that the battle was NOT gonna be an ordinary pushover.

Still, Steven >>> Wallace.

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    The next step is to determine whether or not any babies of the new generation should replace ma or pa in the Daycare Center. If any have better IVs in the targeted stats, do it. Once that is done, repeat the process with generation after generation until you get two (if applicable) parents with strong IVs.

Does this mean that say i put 2 torchics in the daycare both with max IVs in HP means that the eggs hatched from them will have maxed IV's in HP? Because i thought it was always random no matter what the parents IVs are

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    The stats are still random BUT three of the six stats will come from both the mother and father. You have a 50% chance (3 out of six stats) that the max HP IVs that both your parents have will be passed on to the baby.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2007
    I finally got the jigglypuffs. I was wanting them for my EV training, but just realized that they might not have 3 EVs for HP. Do they (wigglytuffs) in fact have the 3 like the clefable? I'd hate to waste the moonstones on them.

Also...how often can I visit the Secret Bases if I'm doing the mixed records/EV training?
    If it is once a day, is that an actual 24 hour real-time day? or maybe every am/pm?

AND a nice hypothetical question to make sure I'm on the right track. I have 6 pokes in my team all with pokerus, and a macho brace. I fight a secret base guy who has 6 shiftrys. If I switch out each of my pokes in each of the six battles, they will all recieve 72 EV points in Attack? eh?

AND I read back when...the more you trade the more you risk some kind of corruption. Is that true or is it only refering to "the possiblity" of trading a cheated poke and "IT" corrupting your game?

AND...Thank you very much for your time!

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2007
    I really hate to post so soon after I've already posted...but can't help myself!

1. Once a pokemon is entered into your pokedex, will it always be there even if you trade it or release it?

&

2. Where in all of the pokeworld can you find the 'Deepseatooth', 'Deepseascale', 'Focus Band', 'Dragon Scale', 'Scope Lens', and the 'Shell Bell'?

Years
    Yes, the pokemon's data never leaves the pokedex no matter what you do with it.

The Deepseatooth and Deepseascale can be found in Slateport City. You trade the scanner that you find on the Abandoned Ship for one of them.

You can find the Focus Band in he Shoal Cave (low tide).

You can find Dragon Scales on wild Horsea's. Not all of them hold them.

You get the Scope Lens from the Battle Tower

...and you get the Shell Bell from the old man in the Shoal Cave. You need 4 Shoal Shell and 4 Shoal Salt.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2007
    Thank you much Aeon for the help!

I have several maps of the shoal cave, but have completely forgotten where it is. And how do you determine when it's low or high tide...time wise?

While i'm posting...what does the 'Scorched Slab' do?

Years
    Okey dokie SMIV. First of all Shoal Cave is above Mossdeep City but you need to surf to it. there will be a Snr. and a Jnr. Pokemon trainer next to the door. The High Tide and Low Tide differ depending on what the time is and what it was when you started the Game. They change every 5 hrs 59 mins so you might want to go around there near 11:55. Take you time as once your inside the tide won't change and you can catch Spheal and Snorunt while your there.

P.S. I think you can also get Dragon Scale's from Bagon. I find Horseas harder to catch as I'm hopeless at Fishing unless I use the Old Rod or the Good Rod. only three Pokemon have been snagged with my good old Super Rod. Catch a Horsea or catch a Bagon and trade it for a Horsea/Seasor.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2008
    Is there any way to make your pokemon evolve after its been to the day care centre, because i took my poochyena to the daycare centre and took it out when it was lvl 23 and now its on lvl 75 and it still hasnt evolved.

Mudkip85

A.K.A ~KIPPER~
    Years
    Is there any way to make your pokemon evolve after its been to the day care centre, because i took my poochyena to the daycare centre and took it out when it was lvl 23 and now its on lvl 75 and it still hasnt evolved.

Firstly make sre that you have not given it a hold item like everstone which will prevent it from evolving. Secondly if you had put your poochyena in the daycare centre from a low level then its most likley that it hasnt evolved because it hadnt battled with you through its stage of evolution around level 18 so when you took it out of the daycare center it had passed its evolutionary stage where it should have potentially evolved. My personal opinion now is that i dont think it will evolve as it is at a very high level, so my suggestion to you is to catch another poochyena from the wild train it up to level 18 and then you will have a mightyena.

~Kipper~

Tker

Kelpo
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2007
    I wouldn't teach it to Kirlia because you might as well just buy Thunderbolt and teach it that.

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
    Years
    Shock Wave is fine on Kirlia at least until you're able to get Thunderbolt which is unobtainable until you have Surf and have defeated Norman. It's ability to not miss can also be handy in certain situations but Thunderbolt is considerably stronger.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2007
    Latias/Latios

Shuko's (not really; I read it somewhere, but can't remember where) Method of Catching Latios/Latias

Requirements:
    -Acro Bike
    -At least 1 Defeat of the Elite 4
    -At least 1 Max Repel
    -Something hard and heavy that you can place on a single button of your GameBoy:P

Method:
    Here's what you do. After you've defeated the E4, go to any patch of grass (really, it doesn't matter where) in Hoenn and use your Max Repel. Equip your Acro Bike. Then, place your heavy object on your Game Boy in such a way that it holds down only the B button. Watch the screen and make sure that your character is bunny hopping, but is remaining in the same spot. He is? Great. Now leave your Game Boy alone for an hour or two. No, I'm not kidding. Go away for a good long while, and then come back. Don't bother watching, 'cause this method usually takes time to work. Anyway, when you come back, you (Should) have run into Latios/Latias.

Here's why it works:
    Latias/Latios works in much the same way that the Legendary dogs did in G/S/C. He/She changes regions frequently, and will do so even if you stay in one region all the time. This method works on the theory that, if you wait in one region long enough, he/she'll eventually meander into it, and then you'll encounter the wily Pokemon. The Max Repel will keep other Pokemon away from you, and the bunny hopping simulates walking through the grass without wasting steps and exhausting your Max Repel.

So now you should have run into the elusive Latios/Latias. What happens next is up to you. I always used a master ball, because I hate chasing them around. But if you want to do it the hard way, just remember that once you've run into Latios/Latias, you can track him/her but everytime you go to a different location the location for Lati@s will change - look at the area page for that Pokemon in your 'Dex. It'll show the current location of him/her. Of course, this is provided you don't make him/her faint. That's it, people. Happy hunting!

I'm not sure if this works or not. I've spent 3 different 6 hour stints and nothing. Has anyone tried this with any success?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Time for corrections.
    No pokemon don't learn new moves in the daycare center.

Shock Wave isn't that useful later on but for now teach it to Kirlia.
    That is incorrect. Pokes will continue to learn their moves while they are in the Daycare Center. One tip to remember is that for breeding purposes, as long as a Poke is kept in the DC, it will pass on the moves it had when it was put in there, NOT the moves it might be learning through leveling up.

Shock Wave is really only an early game move, so putting it on Kirlia is just fine until you can purchase Thunderbolt in Mauville.

Shock Wave is fine on Kirlia at least until you're able to get Thunderbolt which is unobtainable until you have Surf and have defeated Norman. It's ability to not miss can also be handy in certain situations but Thunderbolt is considerably stronger.
    That is incorrect. You can purchase Thunderbolt at the Mauville Game Corner for 4000 coins. If you are cool like me, you have been lugging around at least 3 Zigzagoon (I go with four) with you and taking the items that they acquire through their Pickup Trait that you can then sell for "sweet mullah". Thunderbolt is better than Shock Wave in every possible way.

I'm not sure if this works or not. I've spent 3 different 6 hour stints and nothing. Has anyone tried this with any success?
    You need to burn that "guide". Right now. I will wait.

Here is the CORRECT way to catch Lati@s:

Fly to Mossdeep City. Surf northwest until you get to Route 124. There you will find an island with a house on it (Shard Collector). With a Poke of Lv40 in the lead, and a Max Repel, Surf up and down the coast of the island twice, enter the house and then exit. What this does is cause Lati@s to change routes while you stay on the same one. Surf the coast two times again and repeat.

I have caught over 15 Lati@s using this method within 90 minutes. Happy hunting!

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    My personal opinion now is that i dont think it will evolve as it is at a very high level, so my suggestion to you is to catch another poochyena from the wild train it up to level 18 and then you will have a mightyena.

~Kipper~

You can have a Pokémon evolve past this point. If you want a Pokémon to evolve after it passed its evolutionary level, do a few things:
    1. As stated above, remove any items that may prevent evolution.
    2. Take it OUT of the Daycare Center.
    3. Make sure its level 99 or lower.*
    4. Use it in battle until it levels up.
    Then said Poochyena will evolve like all others, except your Mightyena will have crappy Poochyena stats.

*If its level 100, then youre out of luck! Sorry!

As for the Latis, it also helps using Wobuffett, OR a fast Pokémon with Mean Look!

MrDreavus

There she goes! =O
    Years
    Thank you everyone for helping me! I'm sorry if I sound a bit stupid, I'm just a bit new to this game. I have a few more questions for now...Where is the Coin Case obtained? I went to the house that is seemingly next to the Game Corner but all the woman says is 'I wish I had Harbor Mail from Slateport' or something like that. Should I buy Harbor Mail and give it to her? And, is Role Play a move that's worth it for my Kadabra to learn before I evolve it? If I learn Role Play, then I'll have learned all the moves that Kadabra can learn, and then I can evolve. If I evolve earlier, I would not have gotten Recover or Role Play. I already got Recover, but is it worth waiting for Role Play? It doesn't seem that good a move... And, should I stop my male Kirlia from evolving to Gardevoir so I can trade it from my Gameboy R/S/E to my D/P and then make it an Erureido? Can I trade from a Gameboy to a DS? Or do I need two DS's to be able to trade in Kirlia? Thanks loads again, everyone! ^_^

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back