• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    salamenceruler04 said:
    Why does it matter wat pokemon you bring into the SZ?
    It's the fact that I *cannot* bring any Pokemon into the SZ that mattered =/ I'm useless without my Pokemon in a Pokemon game, and no place ever got into the technical numbers on how much bait to throw and how much rock to throw and etc in order to catch a Pokemon... that kind of stuff.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    I don't think anyone knows... at Gamefaq no one even attempted it yet. SPP is the closest with... 4 items o.o; the 2 tickets (which require the promotions anyway), changing wild Pokemon in Altering Cave and you can use mystery gift to further your passwords to make new trainers appear in a house on the 7th Island.

Nothing else is known so far I believe...

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2011
    Can someone tell me where I can find the Dragon Scale? I've been looking around on GameFaqs and couldn't find any guides that said where it is. Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2011
    AdamHays said:
    whats the distance for the wireless adaptor?sorry if double post.

Like 10 ft for the strongest signal..I've tested it, and it does go further..But 10 ft is probably the best.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2005
    Do I need to keep restarting the game in front of Reyley on Route 2 to get a female Mr. Mime? Does it matter if I give her a male abra?

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2011
    batman124617 said:
    Do I need to keep restarting the game in front of Reyley on Route 2 to get a female Mr. Mime? Does it matter if I give her a male abra?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter what gender your abra is..And yes, just keep restarting..It's a 1 in 8 chance of getting it to be female I believe..Or maybe Mr. Mime is different than the others, in which case, I don't know lol

Abusoru

Absol-ute Fan
    Years
    • Age 54
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 10, 2005
    I noticed that when you give a Pokemon a potion, for example, that some of the Pokemon's pictures gets bigger and some stay the same size. My starter Pokemon's picture gets so big it almost fills the whole screen. Does anyone know why it does this? Thanks.
    This hasn't been answered yet. Anyone know?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2004
    Do Pokemon have certain areas in the safari zone? For example can I catch a chansey in any area, or do I have to be in a certain area?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    1) Well, it's just a feature of the game. It's not something to get worried about really.

2) Yes... I believe it does, as obviously the water Pokemon stay in the water. Although I'm not certain... and probably wrong knowing my track record XD

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Right, I have a question on breeding (wow, people come to me for this kinda stuff):

If a male Pokemon learns a move from the FR/LG Move Tutors, and they breed with a female Pokemon which would learn the move from the same FR/LG Move Tutor move, will the baby that comes out of the egg learn that move? This works with all TMs, so I'd like to know if the Move Tutor moves work the same way (since you only get to learn a move once from them)

Last edited:
    Years
    In you own opinion do you think that I should let my dragonair evolve? He has a really good ability.(shed skin)...and dragonite does not have that ability..is there something really good about dragonite that i dont know?..the only thing i can think of is fly..n my charizard takes care of that....so should i let him evolve?

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2007
    salamenceruler04 said:
    In you own opinion do you think that I should let my dragonair evolve? He has a really good ability.(shed skin)...and dragonite does not have that ability..is there something really good about dragonite that i dont know?..the only thing i can think of is fly..n my charizard takes care of that....so should i let him evolve?
    Hmm, well that one is really up to you. The special ability Dragonite has is Inner Focus. This will keep it from flinching. A few moves it can learn that the others can't are: Wing Attack (55), Earthquake (TM), Brick Break (TM), Sandstorm (TM), Rock Tomb (TM), Aerial Ace (TM), Steel Wing (TM), Cut (HM), Fly (HM), Strength (HM), Rock Smash (HM), and Dive (HM). To tell the truth it all depends on what you want. Dragonite is a strong pokemon... its attack is very high.

shark3019875

dragonair trainer
    Years
    ui think you should because one you will somplelet some of your pokedex and drgonair is good ib fights because you can teach him flamtohwer or fire blast or the new one and the lighting and isec stuff and he is super power and hyper beam is alwasy good
    why don't you just get another dragonair.

Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 11, 2005
    I not sure if this goes here but...
    Where do u get Metal Coat, and Sun Stone in FireRed.
    I want to evolve my Gloom and Scyther. :D

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    i don't think you can (the metal coat and sun stone), but i was wondering... am i nuts or did lance used to have a charizard? maybe that was gold version i'm thinking about... who knows.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back