• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
    Ok so the answer here is going to make it or break it on the games for me so please answer honestly!
    I know the angle is different from other pokemon games in big cities (or is it in the whole game?), so my question is: Is the "3D angle" as bad as it was in HG/SS? If you dont understand the question load up HG/SS and go on a roof (Goldenrod department store, celadon building, lighthouse) and then look at your character's feet. It looks like they are floating not walking!

It's quite better in Black and White. No floating feet or anything.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    Hey, I just evolved my Zorua and everytime I send Zoroark in to battle it sends out another pokemon in my party but it has the moves that Zoroark knows. Can someone please tell me why this could be happening?

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Hey, I just evolved my Zorua and everytime I send Zoroark in to battle it sends out another pokemon in my party but it has the moves that Zoroark knows. Can someone please tell me why this could be happening?

Are you playing the actual game or a ROM?

King Gumball

Years
    I have it on my R4i but apparantly it Zooraks ability

It is its ability

Illusion: When sent out into battle, it takes the name and appearance of the last non-fainted Pokémon within your party. It breaks when an attack does damage on the Pokémon but not from Weather Effects or Entry Hazards.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    Nice. R4's are pretty cool, but they can break DS's.

How do they break them because I don't think they can.

It is its ability

Illusion: When sent out into battle, it takes the name and appearance of the last non-fainted Pokémon within your party. It breaks when an attack does damage on the Pokémon but not from Weather Effects or Entry Hazards.

ok thanks for that description.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Looks like your problem is solved. If you want to continue discussing R4's, do it over PMs or something since it is no longer relevant to this thread.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2011
    how can I change the name of the main character?

how can I run without having to holding down button B?

Last edited:
    Years
    how can I change the name of the main character?

how can I run without having to holding down button B?
    No, you can't do that.

There isn't any alternative to that either. Unlike HG/SS, there isn't any button in the touch pad for this purpose.
    You may register the bicycle though. Then, pressing the Y key will allow you to use the registered key item.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Beat Elite 4 and N , Then Lost to Geeishu

Please help me , im stuck , dont know what to do or how to re battle as i cant go back through the elite for.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Please help me , im stuck , dont know what to do or how to re battle as i cant go back through the elite for.

Not really sure what you should do, having not played it myself, but merged here anyway for an answer. Ask your questions in this thread next time!

King Gumball

Years

What exactly do you mean about not being able to re battle or go through the E4 again, can you be a little more specific please? Where are you stuck?

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
    Go to the tower with the PokeCenter.
    A Plasma Grunt is standing there. Talk to him, and he'll teleport you to N's Castle.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    geeshu re-battle

ive done the elite 4 and N , but then i lost to the geeshu guy , and i dont know how im gonna beat him for the rest of the game , thats what i meant. ,, waht tower do you mean? sorry i cant remeber things straight away like i could on the other games , thanks

wait no , dosent matter,, thankyou XAOX!

Last edited:

King Gumball

Years
    ive done the elite 4 and N , but then i lost to the geeshu guy , and i dont know how im gonna beat him for the rest of the game , thats what i meant. ,, waht tower do you mean? sorry i cant remeber things straight away like i could on the other games , thanks

wait no , dosent matter,, thankyou XAOX!

I would just keep battling the Elite Four until your pokemon get to a high enough level to finally win, that is what I do. Each time you battle them and loose your pokemon level up and get stronger. Once they are on a high level buy some Full Restores and Revives and try to beat them.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2011
    in 設定, what does the following options mean?

試合のルール いれかえ かちぬき

IRの レポート 書く 書かない

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2011
    Pokemon relapse

Hello hello!

I've been out of the pokemon fold for a long time (since second generation!), but I'm looking to get back into it with Black and/or White! I'm just looking for a bit of advice to help me along though!

First of all, I will need to buy a DS, and I'm not sure of the best one to go for. I'm not really worried about the size of the screen, 3D capability, etc, so if they were the only concerns I'd just get the cheapest option. But if there are any gameplay features in Black or White that vary with type of DS, I'd be interested to hear your opinions on the best one to get?

Second, my favourite thing in pokemon games is completing the pokedex ('catching 'em all' as it were), so I'd like to buy the game that will give me the best headstart. I understand that's probably White, because of White Park?

How do you go about obtaining the pokemon that aren't available within Black or White though? Is the pokeshifter the only way to do so?

If that's the case, does anyone know which game from 4th generation would give me access to the most pokemon to complement those in White? I guess my question is ultimately 'how can you actually collect every single pokemon in Black or White?'

Thanks in advance ^-^

Si

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back