• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2007
    Hi everyone. I've got some questions and I need answers.

1) Ok, I can connect to the internet using my NDS. But, what can I do online on pokemon? Can I trade pokemon or battle with other people? where do I go to do that?

2) I want to catch a Krabby, I've read that it's in Route 226(It's on the right top of the map, somewhere near those resorts) When can I get there to the Island to get to route 226 and how?

Thanks a lot in Advance

Sassafras

Rick The Casbah!
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2007
    1) Go to the GTS to trade with random people, but you have to have seen the Poke you want.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    You need to talk to the blonde-haired rival's sister sometime after obtaining the National Dex. If she mentions a swarm of Krabby, head to Rt 226 right away to find it. Rt 226 is just east of the Battle Zone's Survival Area.

Bottom line: You need the National Dex to obtain a Krabby. Either that or trade one from someone who already has it.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2007
    What about GTS. What and where is it? Can I only trade? or can I battle online too?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    The GTS is the Global Trade Centre. It's to the left of the Pokémon Centre in Jubilife City. You can put up Pokémon for trade there and specify what you'd like in return. It lets you trade with people all over the world.

Aside from that, you can exchange Friend Codes with people to chat, trade, or battle with them. There's the Battle Tower too, I think, which sort of lets you battle with people who aren't registered on your friend list. o.o

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    The GTS is the Global Trade Centre. It's to the left of the Pokémon Centre in Jubilife City. You can put up Pokémon for trade there and specify what you'd like in return. It lets you trade with people all over the world.

Aside from that, you can exchange Friend Codes with people to chat, trade, or battle with them. There's the Battle Tower too, I think, which sort of lets you battle with people who aren't registered on your friend list. o.o

Do note that to access the GTS you need to have the first Gym badge.

As for the Friend Codes, there is a bottom floor on the Pokécenter (which can be accessed as soon as you get to Oreburgh city) which allows you to trade, battle and chat with your friends that are registered in your Pal Pad - a Key Item that keeps record of your friends and lets you input friend codes or see your own for adding other people.

As for the Battle Tower, like Lightning said, there is a possibility to battle other people's teams in the world. However, go by my word as I say this; other people's teams. The Battle Tower's Wi-Fi room lets you download other trainer's teams, and these will be then controlled by the game itself, not really the person. In other words you can upload your own team and download other people's teams. Not really a true Wi-Fi experience, but fun enough, I guess.

Hope I managed to clear some stuff up. ;)

PARAN01A

E-Tards FTL!
    Years
    sry for cutting in, but, is there a way to edit the ds's connection system, b/c mine doesnt detect my router, i thinght i had to add my wep like on th psp

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2008
    I have a question: Can pokemone be traded toRSE from DP?

Cherrim

Years
    PARANO1A - Not that I know of. o_o;

Red X - No. And once you take a Pokémon from your RSE gamepak, it's gone from it forever.

Though both of you really should've started a new thread instead of posting off-topic in this one. :\

Dogboy2709

Banned
    Years
    Ahh.. here's a theard i'm looking for. if it's not stickyed i don't think it exisites! any how, i heard that you can put your own height and weight in so you can check the pokemon true height and weight, compared to your real one, is this true? if so how?

what?

an 815 survivor :P
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2007
    Ummmm, is your name case-sensitive when it comes to Friend Code trading?
    Like, does it really matter that your name is hikari instead of Hikari?

Cherrim

Years
    The name has nothing to do with it--you don't have to match the name exactly to the trainer. The name input is just there so you know whose profile is which. o.o So capitalization won't matter.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back