• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Dual Types Challenge.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2012
    Hello, everyone and welcome to the SDTC (see title). This challenge is quite simple, and its rules are posted below.
    1. This challenge is for Diamond and Pearl (Platinum is not allowed)
    2. You may only use two types. One type is the type of the starter you choose, the other is of your choosing.
    3. You may not use Legendary pokemon.
    4. You may only use pokemon within the game (no trading is allowed) before obtaining the national dex.
    5. You have completed the challenge, once you have beaten the champion.
    6. You may use a max of 4 pokemon against any trainers in the game.
    7. The level of any of your pokemon may not exceed 66 when you enter the champion battle.
    As set by section rules, i will also be participating in this challenge. If you have any questions plze Pm me.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2012
    Alright the challenge has started!!!

My progress (Hour one)
    Pokemon : Turtwig (Lv 14) Psyduck (Lv 12)... My types are grass and water.
    Town: Oreburgh (Just killed Roark)

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2012
    Platinum is not allowed because it has a wider range of pokemon, thus making the challenge a bit easier. Plus, the gyms and eilite four are of a reduced pokemon level when compared to diamond and pearl

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2013
    REvan342 the gyms and elite foure do not have reduced levels. they have higher levels!

Anyway Ill join the challange too

Name:Titang
    Game:Pokemon Diamond
    type:Fire and Normal

I have a question. Can we use HM slaves?

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2012
    REvan342 the gyms and elite foure do not have reduced levels. they have higher levels!

Anyway Ill join the challange too

Name:Titang
    Game:Pokemon Diamond
    type:Fire and Normal

I have a question. Can we use HM slaves?

Upon research, we are both wrong. The Gym leaders of platinum are tougher, but the Elite four DO have lower levels than in D/P.

And to answer your question, yes HM slaves are allowed, however they cant be used in battles unless you absolutely have to. Ex. when you are in mount coronet and need strength/rock smash/waterfall/Defog. =)

Welcome to the challenge and "May the odds be ever in you favor"

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2013
    I have another Question

Can we use dualtype pokemon but it has another type that we didnt pick?

thx

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2012
    As long as each pokemon has one of the types you picked its perfectly legal.

Ex. your types are grass and phychic: You may pick Roserade even if she has the seconday poison typing.

Back